Philips Hue E12 White and Color Candelabra Bulb
Single add-on smart bulb for your Hue lighting system
Our take on the Philips Hue E12 White and Color Candelabra Bulb by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Full-color smart lighting for candelabra-style fixtures
We've loved Philips Hue light bulbs for some time now, so we were thrilled when they introduced the E12 to fit candelabra-style fixtures. We call them smart bulbs because they're app-controlled, so you can use your smartphone or tablet to dim lights, turn them off and on, or display up to 16 million colors. They seem even smarter when you realize how energy-efficient they are — each bulb lasts approximately 25,000 hours, so you can go years without having to replace one.
Custom lighting for any mood
Hue bulbs offer a wide range of adjustable white light. Choose a comforting, warm yellow light in the evening as you wind down, or motivating, bright white light in the morning. When friends come over, you can tap into the millions of different colors this bulb can deliver. Paint your walls with a vivid light show, or sync your lights to music, games, or movies for an immersive experience.
Part of an expandable Hue system
You can have up to 50 bulbs in your Hue smart lighting system. Mix and match the white bulbs along with other Philips Hue smart lighting products to customize your personal lighting system.
- smart LED light bulbs for Philips Hue systems
- bulb can be controlled through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
- E12 base fits most candelabra-style light fixtures
- uses your existing light fixture — simply replace the bulb
- produces high-quality white light and 16 million colors to instantly change the look and atmosphere of your room
- adjustable brightness up to 570 lumens
- adjustable color temperature up to 6500K
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 6.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 40-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use
- compatible with:
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Single decorative candle white and color ambiance bulb
Philips Hue E12 White and Color Candelabra Bulb Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: This Philips Hue LED White and Color Ambiance decorative candle light bulb can be added to an existing Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system. It is not a standalone item, and must be combined with other Hue products, such as one of the Starter Kits, which includes the wireless bridge. The free Philips Hue app lets you control the lights wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The system lets you set up light schedules, control the lights when you're away from home, and even change the color of the lights to match your mood. Up to 50 Hue products can be added to the system, and controlled by a single bridge.
Light Bulb Specifications: The Hue LED White and Color Ambiance decorative candle light bulb must be used in an E12 candelabra screw socket (12mm diameter base). It does not fit a standard light bulb socket. The bulb is 1.5" at widest point and 4.5" tall. The bulb is rated at 6.5 watts, and has an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. The White and Color Ambiance bulb can create over 16 million colors in a range from 2000 to 6500 Kelvin through a wireless interface in the bulb. The internal software is automatically upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge. The light output is 450 lumens.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices, and is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps required.)
Friends of Hue: Philips Hue home lighting products work with many third-party devices to make it simpler to operate. Philips Hue works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit, allowing you to control your lights with your voice. The lights also work with some Logitech Harmony remote controls, Samsung SmartThings, and Nest Thermostats and other products. In addition, Philips Hue lighting products can be triggered by certain events through the IFTTT (If This Then That) app.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.