Sonos Playbar 3.1 Home Theater System
Includes Sonos Playbar and Sub
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
Our take on the Sonos Playbar 3.1 Home Theater System
With the Sonos Playbar 3.1 Home Theater System, getting great sound from movies, TV shows, and videos is just the beginning. Sonos lets you stream music from a huge selection of Internet services as well as playing the tracks stored on your computer. And this system designed for your TV room can be the start of your Sonos multi-room audio system . And this system can be the start of your Sonos multi-room audio system — and that means music all throughout your home.
The Playbar and Sub connect wirelessly for convenient home theater sound.
Start with great TV sound
The system features the Playbar, which can deliver vibrant, room-filling sound all by itself, thanks to its nine-speaker array. Built-in amplification and processing can handle Dolby® Digital and lossless audio formats such as FLAC and WAV.
And the Playbar's automatic equalization self-adjusts to the program material to provide rich, seamless sound. The Playbar wirelessly connects to the Sonos Sub, which delivers the deep bass necessary for a truly immersive audio experience.
Note: You can set up your Playbar and Sub without making a wired connection to your router. However, for challenging Wi-Fi® environments we recommend adding the optional Sonos Boost (not included) to make a stable wireless connection.
Expand to multi-room home audio
The Playbar and Sub can form the core of your own Sonos multi-room wireless audio system — or make a nice addition to your system if you already have Sonos in your home. Sonos works seamlessly with a variety of Internet music services, including Pandora®, Spotify®, and SiriusXM Internet Radio. And because Sonos connects directly to the Internet for all of these music services, you don't even have to turn on your PC. And you can stream music and podcasts stored in the Music app of your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®.
Simple, intuitive control
Control the system's volume and mute functions using your existing TV, cable, or universal remote. The free Sonos Controller App lets you control the Playbar with your smartphone or tablet and allows you to stream music to the Playbar even when your TV is off.
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated Sonosnet 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android device, or computer with the free Sonos app
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, WAV, FLAC, ALAC (Apple Lossless), AIFF, and Ogg Vorbis files (firmware is upgradable to support future audio formats)
- compatible with protected WMA files from Urge, AOL, and many other music download sites
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- play music and podcasts stored on most Android or Apple portable devices
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming Internet radio stations
- compatible with most online music services, including Spotify®, Amazon Cloud Player, SiriusXM, and Rhapsody® (subscription required for most services)
- plays personalized Internet radio stations from Pandora®
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- built-in amplifiers and nine built-in speakers (three tweeters and six midrange drivers)
- connects to your TV, Blu-ray player or cable box via an included optical digital audio cable
- built-in Dolby Digital decoding
- two-port Ethernet switch
- AC adapter included
- 35-1/2"W x 5-1/2"H x 3-5/16"D
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- AC adapter included
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
Why did you buy this?
SOUND AND QUALITY [ RIGOBERTO Jun 23, 2018 ]
No taxes [ Xay Apr 30, 2018 ]
I have some Play:3 speakers and I would like to complete my 5.1 setup. [ Clint M. Mar 13, 2018 ]
The perfect addition to my new Samsung tv! [ Juan Jan 01, 2017 ]
part of home entertainment center [ J Sep 23, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Playbar plugs into your optical port on tv. Then It goes wireless to sub and surround speakers. [ Steven Nov 21, 2016 ]
No. connects to tv with an optical connector. [ JOHN B Nov 21, 2016 ]