13" LCD TV
Item # 284LC13SH6 | MFR # LC13SH6U
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sharp LC-13SH6U by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Sharp's compact 13" LC-13SH6U is an affordable way to have a bright, clear TV picture in a bedroom, office, or kitchen. Its clean, contemporary look is enhanced by the side-mounted speakers and black-and-silver styling.
Sharp's high-performance LCD panel design includes an effective anti-glare coating that provides greater brightness and wider viewing angles. This bright, glare-resistant picture easily overpowers room lights even the bright overhead lighting in the typical kitchen.
The supplied stand is perfect for a desktop or countertop, and it detaches if you'd prefer wall-mounting (bracket not included).
Consumer Alert: This component has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009, to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the Nation's transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322) or visit the Commission's digital television website at: www.dtv.gov
- 13" Advanced Super View low-reflective flat LCD panel
- 4:3 screen aspect ratio
- 640 x 480 pixels
- EDTV picture resolution (displays all signals at 480p)
- 500:1 contrast ratio
- 170°(H) x 170°(V) viewing angle
- adjustable backlight
- standard TV tuner
- built-in stereo speakers (1 watt x 2)
- remote control
- 3 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 1 component video (accepts 480p/480i signals)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 12-1/2"W x 7-7/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 18-1/4"W x 11"H x 3-7/8"D (12-7/8"H x 7-7/8"D on stand)
- weight: 8 lbs. (without stand)
- Energy Star® compliant
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- not intended for computer use
What's in the Box:
- 13" LCD TV on stand
- Wireless remote control (LCDTV)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' AC cord
- Cable clamp
- Operation Manual (English)
- Operation Manual (French)
- Operation Manual (Spanish)
- Product Registration card
Sharp LC-13SH6U Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
13" ASV (Advanced Super View) LCD Panel: The 4:3 flat screen delivers images that are virtually distortion free and helps eliminate screen glare. Its extra-wide viewing angles (170 degrees horizontal and vertical) allow you to see a clear picture from most anywhere in the room.
VGA Resolution: The LC-13SH6U's Advanced Super View & Black TFT LCD panel has a native resolution of 640 x 480 pixels; 921,600 dots.
EDTV: The 13" LCD TV is compatible with 480p (progressive scan DVD players). The TV contains an NTSC-M tuner but does not contain any HDTV-type tuner.
500:1 Contrast Ratio: The LC-13SH6U's 500:1 contrast ratio provides great imaging whether you're watching dark or bright scenes.
High Brightness (430 cd/m2): The TV's high brightness allows you to place the television anywhere. You can place the TV near windows, doors or other light sources and still see a vivid picture.
Lamp Life: The expected life of the backlight lamp is 60,000 hours (at standard backlight position), which equates to ten hours use a day for more than sixteen years.
Picture Flip: To accommodate the wide variety of mounting angles and positions, you can change the orientation of the picture for proper viewing. The Picture Flip feature offers a Normal image, Mirror image, Rotated image, or an Upside Down image.
AV Mode: This mode gives you 5 options to choose from to best match the environment, which can vary due to room brightness, type of program, or type of image input:
- Standard: highly defined image in a normally bright room
- Dynamic: for clear-cut image, emphasizing high contrast for sports viewing
- Dynamic (Fixed): changes image and sound settings to factory preset values and allows no adjustments
- Movie: for viewing movies
- Game: lowers image brightness for easier viewing
View Modes: You can choose one of the following Vide Modes:
- 4:3: displays the image in a 4:3 size
- 16:9: stretches the image horizontally to display it in a 16:9 size
- Zoom: enlarges the picture equally until the screen is filled
- Stretch: stretches the image horizontally
Picture Adjustments: You can make the following adjustments in the picture quality menu:
- Backlight: allows you to
choose one of the following backlight settings:
- Bright: maximum brightness
- Normal: suitable for viewing in a well lit area
- Dark: sufficiently bright when viewing in dim areas
- Variable: the brightness can be manually adjusted to suit your preference from 2 to 16.
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast (0 to +60)
- Brightness: for more or less brightness (-30 to +30)
- Color: adjusts the color intensity (-30 to +30)
- Tint: adjusts skin tones from purplish to greenish (-30 to +30)
- Sharpness: adjusts sharpness of image edges (-10 to +10)
- Color Temperature: For better white balance, you can set the color temperature to High, Middle, or Low. You can also store your own settings under the User preset, which allows you to independently adjust the Red, Green, and Blue levels.
Sound Adjustments: You can adjust the amount of bass and treble (-10 to +10) and set the balance between left and right speakers.
Audio Only Mode: When you only want to listen to the audio portion of a program, such as a music program, you can turn off the LCD screen by using the Audio Only mode.
Blue Screen: This function automatically turn the screen blue if no broadcast signal is received instead of getting static and snow.
Power Control: You can set the unit to automatically turn off if no signal is received for 5 minutes or no operation is performed for 3 hours. Five minutes before the power shuts down, the remaining time displays every minute.
V-Chip Parental Control: This feature allows you to limit the shows that can be viewed based on the TV Parental Guidelines and a movie's MPAA rating. After setting Parental Control "On", you must enter the 4-digit password to view blocked programs.
Closed Caption: This LCD TV is equipped with an internal Closed Caption decoder. You can view a Closed Caption broadcast in two modes.
- Caption Mode: shows subscripts of dialogs and commentaries of TV dramas and news programs while allows a clear view of the picture
- Text Mode: displays various information over the picture (such as TV program schedules and weather forecast, etc.) that is independent of the TV programs
Sleep Timer: This TV can be set to turn itself off in 30, 60, 90, 120, or 150 minutes.
Remote Control: The LCD TV comes supplied with a full-featured IR wireless remote control that operates only the TV.
Removable Stand: The Sharp LC-13SH6U comes with an adjustable stand, allowing you to tilt the display 2.5° forward or 10° backward for the best viewing angle. It cannot swivel on the stand. For wall mounting, the stand can be removed by removing 4 screws behind a plastic cover plate. One screw will be need to be unscrewed to remove the plastic cover before removing the 4 screws for the stand.
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The TV has 4 mounting holes on the back for an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 100 (millimeters), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded mounting inserts use 4mm (M4) bolts (not included).
Kensington Lock: The TV has a Kensington Security Standard slot for use with a Kensington MicroSaver Security System.
Cable Clamp: The TV comes supplied with a cable clamp that allows you to neatly secure your cables behind the TV. The cable clamp is inserted in the rear of the TV's pedestal base.
Input 1: The TV features a component video input for Input 1. This input accepts 480i or 480p signals.
Input 2: The TV features an S-video or composite video input for Input 2. The S-video connection take priority if both connections are plugged in.
Input 3/Output: This connection can be used as an input or an output. It consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack.
Antenna: The unit has a threaded "F" connector for the antenna input.
Headphone Jack: When you plug in headphones into the front panel-mounted headphone jack, the main TV speakers are muted.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.