Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit (second generation)
Includes an A19 smart LED light bulb and wireless dimmer
Our take on the Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit (second generation) by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Easily adjust the lights in your room wirelessly — without Wi-Fi®
I love how simple the Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit is. Simply replace an existing light bulb with the included smart LED one, and use the small wireless dimmer to turn your light turn on or off. You can also dim your lights anytime, all without running any wires or installing any fancy hardware.
Expand your Hue system
Add additional Hue bulbs and control up to ten at the same time from your dimmer. Want to control your Hue bulb(s) from your smartphone or tablet? Add the Philips Hue Bridge and control up to 50 bulbs through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™. Here are compatible Hue products that integrate into your smart lighting system.
- kit includes one 2nd-generation A19 Hue smart LED light bulb and wireless dimmer
- remotely turn on, off, or dim Philips Hue light bulbs
- works out of the box with no set up required
- bulb can also be controlled through the free Philips Hue app for Apple® and Android™ (requires Philips Hue Bridge)
Philips Hue Light bulb:
- standard A19 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- uses your existing light fixture — simply replace the bulb
- produces high-quality white light
- adjustable brightness up to 800 lumens
- color temperature: 2700K (soft white)
- instant-on means no waiting for bulb to warm up
- rated at 9.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- approximately 25,000 hours of use
- wireless dimmer switch for Philip Hue light bulbs
- includes mountable wall plate
- attaches to wall plate magnetically, making the dimmer portable
- wireless range of at least 39 feet
- rated to deliver up to 50,000 lifetime clicks
- dim up to 10 light bulbs at the same time with additional bulbs
- powered by one long-lasting battery (included)
- wireless protocol: Zigbee Light Link
- software is upgradable when connected to the Philips Hue bridge
- bridge enables compatibility with:
- 1-7/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 1/2"D
- weight: 1.3 ounces
- weight including wall plate: 2.4 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Hue white A19 LED bulb
- Hue Dimmer Switch (remote and wall plate)
- CR2450 battery (installed in remote)
If you have Hue lights you need these switches. Crutchfield was out of stock for the switches so I ordered this just for the switch to control my new strips at least I have a spare bulb for some project down the line
Dennis, Philadelphia, PA
Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit (second generation) Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Philips Hue Wireless Dimming Kit includes a Hue White A19 LED bulb (Gen 2) and the Dimmer Switch (Gen 2). The bulb and dimmer switch work right out of the box; no special installation required. You can add up to 10 Philips Hue lights and control them simultaneously with the Dimmer Switch.
Dimmer Switch: The Dimmer Switch consists of a battery-powered remote and magnetic wall plate. The remote is compatible with Zigbee Light Link (ZLL) wireless protocol (IEEE 802.15.4) and works on the 2.4 GHz frequency band. The dimmer controls include Dim Up, Dim Down, On, and Off with an estimated lifetime of 50,000 clicks. The dimmer switch has a range of approximately 39.3', with an estimated battery life of 3 years (CR2450 battery). The wall plate can be attached to any flat surface using the included adhesive strips, or with optional screws (2). Two magnets on the wall plate hold the remote securely to the plate, so that it can be used like a wall switch and dimmer. Dimensions of the Dimmer Switch are as follows:
- Remote: Width 1.38" Height 3.6" Depth 0.43"
- Wall Plate: Width 2.76" Height 4.5" Depth 0.55"
- Weight: Remote 1.3 ounces (2.4 ounces with wall plate)
White LED Light Bulb: The Philips Hue white A19 bulb has a standard A19 form factor, and is 2.4" at its widest point and 4.25" tall. It fits into a standard light socket (Edison screw base), and fully illuminates instantly when energized. The bulb is rated at 9.5 watts (0.5W standby power), with a light output of 800 lumens and a color temperature of 2700K (soft white). It has a beam angle, and an estimated lifetime of 25,000 hours. When the bulb is connected to the Philips Hue Bridge, it can be controlled through the Hue App on your smart phone or tablet.
Note: The bulb is not suitable for use with external dimmers, photo controls, occupancy sensors, or timing devices. It is designed for indoor use only.
Hue Personal Wireless Lighting: The Hue Personal Wireless Lighting System lets you individually control the lighting products in the system using your smartphone or tablet within an existing wireless network. Through the Hue app, and other Hue-compatible products, you can do the following:
- Paint With Light: You can choose from 16-million colors to light, or change the look of, your room. Your favorite light settings can be saved for later recall.
- Sync Lights With Movies or Music: The lights can be synchronized to change with the scenes in a movie, or pulse to the beat of your music. (Third party apps may be required.)
- Create An Ambience: The app lets you use different shades of white light to create an ambience. The bulbs can produce shades of light from energizing cool daylight to relaxing warm white light.
- Light Mood Presets: Preset light moods let you instantly change the lights in the room to fit the moment. Optimal settings are available for reading, relaxing, concentrating, and energizing.
- Wake Up: Gradually increasing light intensity helps to gently wake you up with light, similar to the natural light of the morning sun.
- Light Schedules: The lights can be programmed to come on and go off at a preset time, including lighting rooms at different times. At night, you can let the lights turn off gradually, so you don't have to worry about leaving lights on.
- Remote Lighting Control: When you're away from home, you can turn lights on or off from your smartphone. You can also check the status of your lights when you're not there.
- Geofencing: When the bridge detects that your smartphone is within a certain distance, it will automatically turn lights on or off. For example, as you approach your house, your lights will automatically turn on so you won't have to enter a dark room. (Third party apps may be required.)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I have other Phillips Hue lights and wanted to add a switch also. They work great with Siri and Alexa [ Larry Feb 12, 2017 ]