Focal Listen Wireless
Over-ear Bluetooth® headphones
Our take on the Focal Listen Wireless by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Premium Focal sound — without the wires
Focal has earned a lot of praise for their deluxe headphones, designed for at-home listening. But they've kept those of us who use headphones on the go in mind, too. The Listen Wireless headphones play music wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth, and serve up well-balanced sound with a slight emphasis on the low-end.
These headphones house mylar and titanium drivers that are based on the ones inside Focal's heavy-hitter Utopia, Clear, and Elegia headphones. And the closed-back earcups help keep the bass tight and punchy.
These headphones are designed to stay put on your head, so that they don't fall off when you're listening on the go. Clamping force out of the box was bit much for my taste, but I know some people — like my wife — prefer a snug headphone fit. The good news is that the "soft touch" headband is flexible and durable enough that you can actually twist it. So I could stretch it out and loosen up the fit a little. Plus the memory foam earpads are thick and soft.
- closed-back earcups help block out external noise
- built-in Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- 40mm mylar/titanium drivers deliver detailed, dynamic sound
- deep, controlled bass response
- designed and developed in Saint-Etienne, France
- rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of wireless use
- raised earcup buttons offer easy controls for music and calls
- dual built-in microphones for clear phone calls
- thick memory-foam earpads for comfort
- extra-flexible "soft touch" headband
- form-fitting design helps keep headphones stable and secure while you move
- USB charging cable included
- folding design for easy storage
- detachable 55-inch cable with 3.5mm miniplug for optional wired listening
- soft, padded carry bag included
- frequency response: 15-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 122 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 10.9 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Over-ear wireless headphones
- 49" Audio cable (angled 3.5mm plug)
- 47" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Zippered neoprene pouch
- User Manual
- Operating Instructions
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.263" x 3.641"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||15-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Focal Listen Wireless over-ear premium headphones is a Bluetooth-equipped version of the popular Listen wired headphones. They offer the same acoustic characteristics of the wired version, including the closed-back design and excellent noise isolation. The Listen Wireless comes with a 4' audio cable to use if you can't go wireless, and a USB charging cable. The ear cups fold in to make them compact for traveling, and come with a padded Neoprene storage pouch.
Drivers: The Listen Wireless features large diaphragm (40mm) Electro-dynamic Mylar/Titanium transducers that hold their shape, delivering tight bass, balanced sound, and superb dynamic range.
Ear Cups: The circum-aural ear cups and headband are made with heat-sensitive memory foam to give you comfort for hours of listening. The outer ear cup covers feature a high-gloss black finish. The closed back design and 22mm thick ear pads provide excellent isolation from outside noise.
Microphone/On Board Controls: The Listen Wireless headphones have the Clear Voice Capture double microphone system that capture sound in all directions. On-board buttons control the power on/off, pairing, music playback (play/pause/next track/previous track), and mobile phone calls (answer/hang up). They are compatible with most smart devices.
Bluetooth: The headphones are equipped with Bluetooth 4.1 with apt-X and SBC for high quality performance and reliability. Supported profiles include HSP, HFP, A2DP, and AVRCP. The wireless operating radius is up to 65 feet (20 meters) without obstacles, depending upon the Bluetooth device used.
Battery: The Listen Wireless headphones are powered by a 500mAh Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery. The battery charges in 3 hours, giving you up to 20 hours of constant use, or up to 240 hours in standby. The headphones automatically switch to standby if they aren't connected to a device for approximately one minute. A USB charging cable is included.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 22kHz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 122dB SPL @ 1kHz / 1 Vrms
- THD: <0.4% / 1 kHz / 100dB SPL
- Weight: 10.9 ounces (without cable)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.