Monster Power® HTS2500 Reference Power Center
DBS-ready AC line conditioner/surge suppressor
Item # 119HTS2500 | MFR # 109321
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Monster Power® HTS2500 Reference Power Center
Own a serious home theater system? Get top performance from your gear, with Monster's HTS2500 Reference Power Center. Using discrete AC filtering sections for video, low-current audio, ultra-high-current audio, and digital components, the HTS2500 virtually eliminates signal-polluting noise that causes image streaking, video snow, and audio hum. Its component-width chassis is ready for stacking or rack-mounting (kit included).
The HTS2500 was developed by Richard Marsh, one of the world's leading designers of ultra-high-performance power circuits you get surge safety plus pristine audio and video! The HTS2500 carries a 5-year $100,000 connected equipment guarantee, plus a 5-year warranty on the unit.
- 10 color-coded AC outlets (2 switched/timed for delayed or remote turn on; 2 switched; 6 unswitched), plus matching color-coded adhesive labels for your power cords
- phone splitter: 1 in/2 out
- 3 sets coax in/out
- "Ground OK" and "Protection On" LEDs
- 8-foot power cord
- included cables: 1 coax, 1 phone
- rack-mounting kit included
- maximum capacity 1800 watts
- 17-1/8"W x 4"H x 11-1/2"D
- 5-year $100,000 connected equipment protection
- 5-year warranty on the HTS2500
What's in the Box:
- Black PowerCenter with attached 8' high current three prong AC cord; 41" Monster Cable SV1 coax video cable with gold plated connectors (Right-angled connector on one end); 56" Monster RJ14 (telephone) cord; 2 metal rack ears; 4.6' AC cord for remote turn on; Manual; Registration/Survey card; Self-adhesive audio/video ID labels to attach to power cords (8 pairs); Product Bulletin on correct use of remote operation (applies to the HTS3000 - not the 2500.)
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
Note: This surge protector is a large, component-sized model which protects connected equipment from power surges, AC power line noise, and noise generated from other components.
- 1 threaded, gold plated CATV (cable TV) input/output
- 1 threaded, gold plated SAT (Direct Broadcast Satellite) input/output
- 1 threaded, gold plated ANT (antenna) input/output
Telephone: One RJ11 (Phone) input and two outputs
- Four unswitched three prong AC outlets with Digital Isolation Filter; labeled Cable/Sat; DVD/LD; CD and Spare
- Two unswitched three prong AC outlets with Video Filter; labeled TV and AV Receiver
- Four three prong AC outlets (two switched and two timed) with Audio Filter; switched outlets are labeled Tape and Pre Amp, timed outlets are labeled Main Amp and Surround Amp
- DC input (9-12 V, 300 mA) jack
- Ground post: Green thumb screw used as a ground if you have any ungrounded components
- Remote AC control: Allows you to remotely activate the surge protectors switched outlets
- System grounded LED: Illuminates when wall grounding is correct (unit should not be used and connected equipment warranty is void if grounding is not correct)
- Power Protected LED: Illuminates in green when the surge protection circuitry is working properly
- Unswitched On LED: Illuminates in red when unswitched AC outlets are receiving power
- Switched On LED: Illuminates in red when switched AC outlets are receiving power
- Timed on LED: Illuminates in red when timed AC outlets are receiving power (these outlets receive power 5 seconds after the switched outlets are turned on and lose power 30 seconds after the switched outlets are turned off to prevent turn-on, turn-off thump).
- On/Off button: A single button which turns the rear switched and timed AC outlets on and off. Note: the manual shows two buttons, one on and one off, which is a misprint.
- Circuit breaker switch: Press to reset, 15 amps maximum, total unit wattage is 1800 watts
Digital Isolation Filter: The four grouped unswitched AC outlets (labeled Cable/Sat; DVD/LD; CD and Spare) have a special filter circuit that reduces interference from digital components and keeps it from entering the rest of your system. Although designed for digital components, any non-digital component can be hooked up to these outlets.
Video Filter: The two unswitched AC outlets (labeled TV and AV Receiver) have a special filter that reduces interference to video components (although regular components can also be connected).
Audio Filter: The four grouped (two switched and two timed) AC outlets have a special filter to reduce audible noise in audio components. The two timed outlets handle ultra-high current audio components such as amplifiers, although regular components may also be connected to these outlets. The switched outlets are turned on and off by the button on the front of the unit, and the timed outlets come on 5 seconds after the switched outlets are turn on and go off 30 seconds after the switched outlets are turn off to prevent turn on/off noise (amplifier thump). The switched outlets are labeled tape and pre amp and the timed outlets are labeled Main Amp and surround amp.
Remote AC control: Allows you to remotely activate the switched outlets. By plugging the supplied AC cord into the AC remote in plug on the back of this surge protector and plugging the other end of the cord into the switched AC power outlet on the component you wish to use as a remote turn-on (such as a receiver) when you turn the receiver on, this unit's switched outlets are automatically turned on.
DC input jack: For use with a component that uses a remote DC control cable with a 1/8" miniplug (cord not supplied). When connected to this input turning on the remote component will automatically turn on this unit's switched outlets.
Telephone Connections: These connections feature a special gas surge arrestor that protects against damaging voltage surges on the phone line. Note that even though an RJ14 cord is connected, this model will NOT provide surge protection for two-line phones, it will simply protect two individual phone outputs.
Developed by Richard Marsh, a world leading designer of ultra-high performance audiophile power circuits.
Clean Power Circuitry engineered for specific components improves the sound and picture performance.
Ultra-low loss RF circuitry keeps insertion loss low for the coaxial outlets.
Color coded outlets and supplied cord labels prevent you from accidentally disconnecting the wrong cord.
The eight foot long, high current power cord has 24k gold plated contacts for maximum power transfer.
A Monster coax video cable and a Monster RJ14 telephone cord are supplied to ensure a good, high quality connection.
Supplied rack ears enable the system to be rack mounted (requires a 3/32" Allen key which is not provided).
$100,000.00 limited connected equipment warranty (see below for details)
Proper Surge Protection: Every wire leading into or out of your equipment must be connected properly to the surge protector or the $100,000.00 warranty is invalid. You must connect the unit to a properly grounded 3-wire outlet or the warranty will be invalid.
Connected Equipment Warranty: For 5 years from the date of purchase, Monster Cable will replace, pay to repair or pay the fair market value of equipment that is damaged by an AC power, cable, telephone or lighting surge while connected to a properly installed Monster Cable PowerCenter. For conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the manual.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.