Moving magnet phono cartridge
Our take on the Sumiko Oyster by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
A great choice for budding audiophiles and up-graders
Whether you're outfitting a new turntable, or upgrading your existing one, this modestly priced phono cartridge from Sumiko is sure to please. The Oyster delivers a smooth, refined sound that'll bring out the best in your cherished vinyl collection. It features a moving-magnet design with a standard 1/2" mount for excellent compatibility with most turntables and receivers or amps.
- moving-magnet design
- 0.6mm bonded spherical diamond stylus
- alloy tube cantilever
- frequency response 30-20,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4.0 mV
- stereo separation: 25 dB
- channel balance: 1.0 dB
- tracking force range: 1.25-2.5 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2.3 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 5.3 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- Plastic case
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Plastic washers
Sumiko Oyster Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Sumiko Oyster is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an alloy cantilever, bonded spherical stylus, and 4.0 mV output. The Oyster series cartridge offers superior construction and sound quality with an emphasis on real world performance.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Oyster turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Oyster turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Oyster turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Upgrading my 30+ years old Dual 502 turn table that came with shure v15 type III cartridge. [ THOMAS May 22, 2016 ]