Ultimate Ears BLAST
Portable Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® speaker with built-in Amazon Alexa (Blizzard)
From Logitech: UE Blast Portable Bluetooth?? and Wi-Fi?? speaker with built-in Amazon Alexa
Item # 596BLASTW | MFR # 984-000958
$179.99 each Earn up to 180 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Ultimate Ears BLAST by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Just say the word to party
What makes the Ultimate Ears BLAST such a blast? It's got Amazon Alexa built in. Just say “Alexa, play my party mix,” and the party begins. The BLAST delivers solid, 360° sound with plenty of volume. And it's both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-compatible. So if you just want to stream straight from your smartphone, no problem. And the BLAST is waterproof and dustproof — so you can enjoy beach music at the beach.
Built-in Alexa voice control
Use the free Ultimate Ears app to connect your BLAST to your Wi-Fi network. Then set up Alexa. If you subscribe to Amazon Music, Pandora®, or Sirius XM you've got a ton of tracks you can call up with just your voice.
Or use iHeartRadio or TuneIn to play your favorite radio station. Alexa can also give you news, weather, and sports updates. You can even control smart home products from brands such as Nest, and Wemo®, and more.
You'll need Wi-Fi access to use Alexa — and the BLAST has you covered. It has a Wi-Fi range of up to 330 feet, so you can take the party outside. And the BLAST works with your smartphone's Wi-Fi hotspot for true mobility.
The BLAST has a mic array to hear you from anywhere in the room — even when it's playing music. Plus, the BLAST can use those mics to serve as a speakerphone for your paired smartphone.
Two 1-3/8" full-range drivers give you full-bodied sound, with two 3/16" x 1-1/2" passive radiators to reinforce the bass. And the system delivers a full 360° soundfield. So no matter where you stand, your music will sound good.
Ready for anything
The BLAST has an IP67 protection rating against dust and liquid, which means it can be submerged in water down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. So go ahead — use it by the pool. The built-in rechargeable batteries can keep the music playing for up to 12 hours. And with the optional UE POWER UP charging dock (available separately), recharging your speaker is a snap.
- built-in Bluetooth 3.0 for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- 150-foot Bluetooth range
- built-in Wi-Fi with maximum range of 330 ft.
- frequency response: 90Hz - 20,000Hz
- two 1-3/8" full-range drivers and two 3-3/16" x 1-1/2" passive radiators for 360° sound
- built-in array of far-field microphones
- hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- IP67-rated waterproof, dirt-proof, and shockproof
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Ultimate Ears app
- available from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- pair your speaker with a Wi-Fi network
- activate Amazon Alexa
- control speaker volume
- lets you pair up to 8 Ultimate Ears BLASTs together
- check battery status
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- detachable D-ring
- USB charging cable
- 2-5/8" diameter x 7-3/8"H
- AC power adapter
- 2-3/4"W x 7-7/16"H x 2-13/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection
What's in the Box:
- Wireless speaker
- AC/USB power adapter
- 4' microUSB-to-USB cable
- D-ring (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
I really like the sound quality and speaker performance. I wish it was able to use multiroom sound with my echo dot.
Jason, North Branford, CT
Ultimate Ears BLAST Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
360° Omni-Directional Sound: The Ultimate Ears (UE) Blast wireless speaker features two 1.375" full-range drivers and dual 3.1875" x 1.5" passive radiators wrapped around the speaker enclosure for an immersive 360° sound.
Water & Dust Proof: The Ultimate Ears Blast wireless speaker is water and dust proof. The XP67-rating allows it to be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes. So feel free to take it by the pool, out to the beach, or even camping. If the speaker is exposed to chlorine or salt water, rinse with fresh water and air dry completely before charging.
Dual-Band WiFi: The Ultimate Ears Blast comes ready to connect to your home's wireless network router with built-in, dual-band (2.4GHZ/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for a fast, reliable wireless connection. The UE Blast has a WiFi wireless range of approximately 330'.
Setup Apps: To setup and get the most out of the Ultimate Ears (UE) Blast, you'll need download the Ultimate Ears App and the Amazon Alexa App onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- Ultimate Ears App: Download the free Ultimate Ears App onto your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device to connect the UE Blast to your WiFi network, activate Amazon Alexa, and personalize the wireless speaker. From the app, you can also control the volume of the UE Blast; as well as check battery level, connectivity, and other important settings.
- Amazon Alexa App: With the free Alexa App on your Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+, you can easily setup the UE Blast with your Amazon account and Alexa. Interactions with Alexa are mirrored visually on your compatible mobile device through the app, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms & timers, music content, smart home devices, shopping lists, and more from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Amazon Alexa w/ Far-Field Voice Recognition: The UE Blast features built-in Alexa, as well as multiple integrated microphones with beam forming technology and noise cancellation that enable a smooth far-field voice recognition and control experience (no additional Echo device required). When you want to use the UE Blast, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and the speaker lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Once you say "Alexa", the audio stream includes a fraction of a second of audio before the wake word, and closes once your question or request has been processed. The more you use the UE Blast, the more Alexa will adapt to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Music & Radio: The Ultimate Ears Blast provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music (Prime subscription required), Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM & iHeartRadio. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music to the UE Blast. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Music services may require account setup or subscription.
- Home Entertainment Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, Heos by Denon, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions of these systems by simply using voice commands.
- Smart Home: The UE Blast works with devices such as lights, outlets, thermostats, door locks, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- IFTTT: The UE Blast with Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules. After you activate an Applet through the IFTTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the UE Blast.
- News & Information: The UE Blast with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times. Flash Briefing lets you put together a personalized lineup of updates from news sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, and CNET.
- Amazon Prime Shopping: If you're a Prime member, Alexa has exclusive deals for you every day on everything from home goods to electronics. Amazon Prime members can ask Alexa to order eligible products ordered before, many Prime products, and digital music tracks and albums. Your default payment and shipping settings will be used to place your order. You can require a speakable confirmation code, turn purchasing off, and see product and order details in your Alexa App. Just like orders placed through Amazon.com, orders placed through Alexa are subject to Amazon's Conditions of Use & Privacy Notice.
- Questions & Answers + Fun & Games: The UE Blast with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
- The Ultimate Ears (UE) Blast does not support Alexa Calling & Messaging, or Alexa Multiroom Audio.
- You can mute the integrated microphones of the UE Blast for more privacy. The speaker will not respond to the wake word "Alexa", until you un-mute the microphones.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of the UE Blast with Alexa. The EU Blast uses tens of thousands of skills and counting; new skills are being added all the time. You can search for and enable skills in the Alexa app or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app. If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill." Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, music, skills, shopping lists are available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in support for Bluetooth audio streaming allows you to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on a Bluetooth source device (such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the UE Blast speaker. You will control music playback functions from your Bluetooth source device (not the speaker). You can pair up to 8 devices, but only one device can be connected for playback at a time. Once paired, the UE Blast will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 150').
Note: The UE Blast does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and receiving phone calls.
Rechargeable Battery: The UE Blast has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery that provides up to 12 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included 4' microUSB-to-USB cable and USB/AC power adapter, or the optional charging dock (96POWERUP, sold separately). Charging time is approximately 3 hours. The speaker's battery level can be checked through the Ultimate Ears app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Auto Updates: Because the Ultimate Ears (UE) Blast is always connected to the internet, updates are delivered automatically.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
The sale price and the Wi-Fi feature of the U E Blast persuaded me to choose it as the first portable speaker that I will experience. Currently, I use an ethernet cable connected between the desktop computer and a small FM transmitter to send the audio from my computer to a radio in another room. The audio is broadcast on an unused FM frequency. I want a truly wireless set-up; no power cord and no long ethernet cable on the floor to trip over. [ Richard Apr 29, 2018 ]
I head them at an ATT store and they sound great! Their price at Crutchfield was better! [ Javier Jun 10, 2018 ]