Moving magnet phono cartridge
Our take on the Sumiko Moonstone by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Hear more detail
The Sumiko Moonstone phono cartridge may look like others on the outside, but it really makes a difference when you play your favorite vinyl. Its extremely efficient design produces superior stereo separation and an amazing frequency response of 12-33,000 Hz. Don't your cherished records — and your ears — deserve that kind of love?
- moving-magnet design
- 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 12-33,000 Hz
- output voltage: 3 mV
- stereo separation: 30 dB
- channel balance: 0.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Moonstone is a high-performance moving magnet phono cartridge that utilizes the powerful mechanically-generated electromotive forces of the moving magnet to help give your vinyl playback extra punch and convincing realism. The Moonstone cartridge is exceptionally well-balanced and dimensionally dense for breathtaking dynamics. It features an aluminum cantilever, micron-elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Moonstone turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Moonstone turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 33kHz
- Output Voltage: 3mV @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 0.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.