Yamaha MusicCast 50 (WX-051)
Wireless powered speaker with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay® (Black)
Our take on the Yamaha MusicCast 50 (WX-051) by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Expansive wireless sound
Control your MusicCast 50 with the free MuscCast app for your smartphone.
Sporting a sleek, oval design, the Yamaha MusicCast 50 speaker fits into most any room's décor. And its wireless capabilities let you enjoy music however you like to stream it. Play music from your smartphone via Bluetooth - or Apple AirPlay if you have an iPhone® or iPad®. This speaker can connect to your home Wi-Fi network to give you access to internet radio, podcasts, and more. And it can be part of a Yamaha MusicCast multi-room audio system. If you have an Amazon Echo device, you can control the MusicCast 50 through Alexa voice control.
Great sound and intuitive controls
The MusicCast 50 features two 1-1/8" soft dome tweeters for clear highs and two 3-7/8" woofers for rich mid-range and lower frequencies. The four speakers are arrayed to disperse a wide soundfield. And with 70 watts of maximum power, the MusicCast 50 can fill even a large, open room with sound. Top-panel buttons include three one-touch presets and an alarm control.
MusicCast for simple multi-room audio
You can combine up to 10 MusicCast speakers and components in a whole-house system, and control them all with Yamaha's excellent MusicCast mobile app. Play your digital music library, internet radio stations, and popular streaming services. There's support for Pandora® and SiriusXM. If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, Spotify Connect lets you access all your favorite albums and playlists. You can even stream high-resolution audio files.
MusicCast for home theater sound
Here's a cool feature for folks who like to declutter. You can use one or of these speakers as wireless rear surrounds with any newer MusicCast-capable Yamaha home theater receivers, such as the RX-V485 and AVENTAGE RX-A780.
Bluetooth multi-room streaming
Bluetooth streaming from your phone is handy. But with MusicCast, Bluetooth becomes even more convenient. Stream from your smartphone to the MusicCast 50. Then you can use the MusicCast app to send that audio content to any and all other MusicCast speakers and components throughout your home. It's an easy way to share the audio from any app on your phone or tablet, including podcasts and YouTube™ clips.
- wireless connectivity
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for a stable connection to your network and the internet
- Apple AirPlay for streaming from an iPhone, iPad, or iTunes® on a computer
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports playback of high-resolution digital files (up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- two 3-7/8" woofers, two 1-1/8" soft dome tweeters
- 35 watts x 2 built-in amplification
- MusicCast Controller app:
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize your MusicCast speakers
- control multi-room playback with two or more MusicCast speakers
- stream from-compatible services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Pandora, Deezer, SiriusXM and VTuner internet Radio
- access music stored on smartphone, tablet, computer or network drive
- select Bluetooth as an input, then redistribute the stream wireless to other MusicCast speakers via Wi-Fi
- wirelessly pair two MusicCast 50s (sold separately) for even bigger sound
- wirelessly pair one or two MusicCast 50s as surround speakers for compatible Yamaha home theater receivers
- voice control via Amazon Alexa when connected to an Amazon Echo device (available separately)
- optical digital audio input
- stereo 3.5mm minijack input
- RCA stereo input
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 15-3/4"W x 4-7/8"H x 7-7/8"D
- weight: 4.8 lbs.
- requires AC power (AC adapter provided)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee