Digital media receiver (black with brown trim)
Our take on the Clarion FB275BT by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Sleek, bold, and unique. The Clarion FB275BT Digital Media Receiver's design integrates simple and elegant controls into a totally functional, sleek black faceplate. Built for the modern age, it does not play CDs, only digital files, and you can customize the look to match your car's dash by choosing from 728 different colors for the illumination and backlighting.
Clarion designed the FB275BT for music lovers who've moved beyond CDs. Instead of a CD player, you'll find a handy slot behind the face that accepts SD cards that you've loaded with your favorite MP3 files, plus a rear auxiliary input for connecting a portable music player or a plug-and-play satellite radio.
You can make and receive hands-free calls with your Bluetooth phone, using the included microphone. You can also stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth® cell phone with music storage.
Note: This receiver will not play CDs. Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- digital media receiver (no built-in CD player)
- built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- plays MP3 files on SD cards
- fold-down, detachable face with 728 color illumination choices
- FM tuner (no AM reception)
- bass/treble adjustment and loudness
- Bluetooth with built-in and external microphones
- inputs: rear auxiliary input
- outputs: one set of preamp outputs
What's in the Box:
- FM/SD/MP3/Bluetooth receiver with 15-amp fuse inserted in chassis
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Face fixing screw
- Metal back strap
- Hex-head bolt (with flat washer)
- Microphone with attached 118" cord (terminated into a right-angle 3.5mm miniplug)
- Microphone visor clip
- Microphone vent clip
- Self-adhesive microphone mount
- Hard plastic face case
- Owner's Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Wire Connection Guide (English/Spanish/French)Installation/Wire Connection Guide (page 2)
- Warranty sheet
- Clarion Product Registration Information sheet
- Additional Request sheet
Clarion FB275BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||SD/MMC Memory Card|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||1.8 volts|
|Display Color||728 Colors|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Product Overview: The Clarion FB275BT is a unique car audio receiver which features an SD Memory card slot and Bluetooth. You can play MP3 files stored on an SD card or MultiMediaCard, wirelessly connect your Bluetooth-enabled cellular phone or PDA, or wirelessly stream audio from a Bluetooth-enabled audio player. Note: There is no CD slot on this unit.
Variable Color Display: The front panel has 8 curved buttons with backlighting between each button to give the unit it's Metal Shark design. You can choose the color of the backlighting from the following: blue, surf blue, white, aqua, green, lime, orange, red, pink, pale pink, violet, or purple You can also design your own "user color" by individually selecting the intensity (0 to 8) of red, green, and blue, a total of 728 possible combinations. If desired, the unit can be set to continuously scan all of the possible colors, or you can turn the backlighting off completely. Note: The variable color feature does not apply to the main front panel display.
SD Memory Card Slot:The SD Memory Card slot is located on the top edge of the flip-down front panel. In addition to SD Memory Cards, the unit can also accept MultiMediaCards (MMC). SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) and SDIO (Secure Digital Input/Output) cards are not supported. This unit can only play MP3 files stored on the memory cards--WMA, AAC, and other audio formats are not supported. SD Memory cards of up to 2 GB are supported.
MP3 Playback:This unit can play MP3 files recorded onto SD/MMC cards at bit rates of 8-320 kbps. It can support up to 255 files, 255 folders, and up to 8 hierarchical levels. ID3 tags of up to 30 characters will be displayed for both folder and file names. The files should be recorded in FAT12 or FAT16 format. The unit has the following MP3 playback features:
- Track Selection: Track up/Track down (fast forward/fast reverse are not supported)
- Manual Navigation: Once manual navigation is engaged, you can select folder or track navigation. Turning the control knob during manual navigation allows you to search for a particular folder on the card, or a particular track on a selected folder.
- Restarting Current Track: The current track will be automatically restarted after telephone, interrupt, audio streaming, front panel opening, or power cycle. This unit does not have a resume feature.
- Top Function:During playback, you can restart playback from the first track of the current folder, or start from the first track on the memory card.
- Repeat Mode:You can select Track Repeat or Folder Repeat playback.
- Random Mode:There are 3 types of Random Mode:
- Track Random:plays the tracks of the current folder randomly
- Folder Random:plays all of the tracks alphabetically in a random folder
- Card Random:plays all of the tracks of all of the folders in a random order
Bluetooth:The FB275BT is equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology for connecting mobile phones and audio devices without wires over a short distance (approximately 10 meters or 33 feet). This unit supports the following profiles: Hands-Free Profile (HFP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), and Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP). You can pair up to 8 devices to this unit.
Bluetooth Telephone Operations:Once you have paired your Bluetooth-enable mobile phone to this unit, you can make and receive calls through the car stereo system. You can answer, reject, and end calls using buttons on the front panel. You can store up to 6 telephone numbers in the preset memory and dial them by pressing appropriate preset button on the front panel. The unit has a built-in microphone on the front panel, so you can conduct your calls hands-free, as well as activate the VoiceDial feature (speaking the name of your contact for automatic dialing--this feature must be supported by your mobile phone). An external microphone is supplied as well for better hands-free results.
Audio Streaming:Audio streaming is a technique for transferring audio data such that it can be processed as a steady and continuous stream. You can stream audio to this unit from an external Bluetooth audio player that supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). Using the front panel buttons on the head unit, you can play/pause a track and select a track using the Track Up and Track Down buttons.Note: This unit is also compatible with Clarion's Bluetooth Audio Transmitter (DGL370 or DGL373) as well as the Cradles for iPods (BC001N, BC002M or BC003V), all sold separately.
FM Tuner:The FB275BT is equipped with an FM tuner. It does not have an AM tuner. You can select your favorite station manually, through DX seek and Local seek tuning, or by preset memory. You can store up to 18 stations--6 stations each for the FM1, FM2 and FM3 bands. Stations can be stored manually or through the Auto Store function. When Auto Store is activated, the unit will store the 6 strongest stations sequentially in the FM3 band, even if FM1 or FM2 was selected at the time.You can store one favorite radio station in the Instant Station Recall (ISR) memory, and recall it at any time, even when the unit is playing another source.
Auxiliary Input:This unit has an RCA stereo auxiliary input on the rear panel for connecting an external device, such as an MP3 player, Plug-n-play satellite radio receiver, or portable CD player. You must control the external device on the unit itself. If no device is connected, you can deactivate the Auxiliary input so that it does not appear as a selectable source.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.