Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable
"High-Speed" fiber optic HDMI cable with detachable connectors (60 feet)
Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - We carry Celerity UFO cables in lengths from 35 feet to 160 feet
Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - Cable comes with 2 male HDMI connectors, each attached to a 6-ft. fiber optic cable and 20" USB power cable
Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - The included pair of locking couplers ensures correct optical alignment between the UFO cable and the transmitting and receiving connector cables
Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable - The precision optical lens in each Celerity UFO cable and connector cable is kept free of dust and debris by a protective rubber cap
Our take on the Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
HDMI cable that goes the distance
Enjoy all your movies, TV shows, and video games on any TV in your home with Celerity Technologies' UFO (Universal Fiber Optic) HDMI cables. These cables deliver flawless video and sound, including 4K and HDR content, at distances up to 1,000 feet — much longer than conventional copper-based cables. Celerity's fiber optic cables are equally popular with professional A/V installers and DIY-ers.
How it works
Celerity UFO cables work by converting electrical HDMI data into optical signals inside the fiber optic HDMI connectors. Light signals carry the HDMI data stream from your source component through the cable to your TV or projector, where it's converted back to an electrical HDMI connection. Since the cable is fiber optic, there's no signal loss, even over long runs, and it's impervious to interference from appliances, wireless devices, computers, or other noisy electronic gear.
Two steps, no tools
Installing Celerity's UFO cables requires a simple two-step process. First, pre-wire your setup by running the cable from your source component to your display. Each cable is bi-directional — there's a precision optical pathway at each end, and you can decide which is the source end and which is the display end after the cable is installed in your wall, conduit, or plenum space.
Step two: now it's time to attach the source and display connections. Attach the HDMI transmitting connector cable and HDMI receiving connector cable — both are included — to the Celerity UFO cable. Each Celerity connector cable has a 6-foot fiber optic cable and integrated 5V USB power cable for final connections at the component.
The cable's transmitter electronics are powered by current drawn from your source component via its HDMI jack's "hot plug." Power at the display end of the cable is supplied by the included USB cable and the USB port on your display device.
- pre-terminated fiber optic HDMI cable with detachable connectors
- fiber optic conductors provide immunity to interference and electronic noise
- thin, durable jacketed cable for easier installations and high reliability
- bi-directional cable means no worries about installing the cable in the correct direction
- power at the source component (TX-transmit) end is drawn from the source HDMI connector via the HDMI "hot plug"
- power at the display (RX-receive) end is supplied via a USB port on the TV using the attached USB power cable (optional USB AC power adapter required if no USB port is available on TV)
- blue LED indicators verify power connections at source and display ends
- supports HDMI features through version 2.0:
- maximum bandwidth of 18 Gbps at lengths up to 1,000 feet
- video resolutions up to 4K/60 Hz, HDR, and 4:4:4 color subsampling
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby® Digital sound from a TV back to an A/V receiver
- UL-certified and plenum-rated for safe in-wall residential and commercial installation
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Please handle fiber optic cable with care during installation for maximum reliability and performance
- Celerity recommends connecting their cables directly between source and display for best results. Using other HDMI adapters or couplers may degrade signal transmission performance
What's in the Box:
- 60' Fiber optic cable (terminated with proprietary UFO connectors on each end)
- 2 male HDMI connectors with attached 6' cable terminated by proprietary connector and 20" cable terminated by a male USB-A connector)
- 2 UFO couplers
- User Guide
Great cable, easy to install
POET Ethanol, Wichita, KS
Celerity Technologies Universal Fiber Optic HDMI Cable Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Celerity Technologies: Celerity Technologies develops high performance, easy to use fiber optic products for residential and commercial AV systems. Celerity's first breakthrough innovation, Universal Fiber Optic HDMI has become successful with professional AV installers for single and multi-room video systems. Celerity's sleek, thin fiber optic cable with detachable HDMI connectors and high bandwidth makes it easy for installation and provides the ultimate video performance.
Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) HDMI Cable: Celerity's Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) HDMI cable is designed to solve the installer's and home owner's common problems with long distance HDMI and concealed installations in home and business applications. The Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) HDMI cable is an easy-to-use, secure connection for home video distribution, conference room presentation systems, classroom projection systems, and wherever an ultra high definition video display is located. Fiber optics provides the speed and bandwidth needed for the best picture quality for high definition video at lengths up to 1000'; supporting the long distances required in many commercial and consumer video solutions.
Fiber Optics Benefit: Celerity's fiber optic technology converts HDMI into light signals that support today's ultra-high definition bandwidth demands of 4K, as well a multi-channel audio. Fiber optics work great for sending digital signals which include audio, video and data information. These signals travel faster and farther without degradation over fiber optics, versus copper. There is no loss of signal over long distance and no EMI interference which makes Celerity UFO the best choice for point-to-point and distributed high definition video connections. Celerity UFO HDMI offers the best picture and sound quality without and interference or loss of signal integrity.
Zero Interference: Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) HDMI cables do not pick up interference nor do they create interference to your entertainment system. As all of the signals being carried are optical light signals, they are completely immune to interference and electronic noise. Because Fiber Optic is EMI free, it can be installed with multiple cable pulls.
HDMI 2.0 Specification: Celerity's Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) meets HDMI 2.0 specification (up to 1000') with support of 18Gbps high bandwidth speed transmission, 4K/60Hz ultra high definition video, HDR (High Dynamic Range), 4:4:4 color supsampling, HDCP 2.2, and high resolution multichannel audio. Celerity fiber optic cables deliver crisp detail, high brightness, and the wide range of colors as originally intended by the video engineers during mastering.
- 18Gbps + 4K/60Hz UHD: HDMI 2.0 significantly increases bandwidth to 18Gbps for 4K ultra high definition video. Celerity's UFO cables support up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second. It also supports a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signal.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range Video) provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: Celerity UFO also supports RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling. With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- HDMI Data Support: Celerity Fiber Optic HDMI supports Display Data Channel (DDC), High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP 2.2), and Extended Display Information Data (EDID) - ensuring a reliable HDMI connection. HDCP 2.2 fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- High Resolution Multichannel Audio: Celerity UFO supports lossless high resolution multichannel audio - including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS HD.
- Audio Return Channel (ARC): Celerity is the world's first fiber optic HDMI cable to support Audio Return Channel (ARC). ARC offers the benefit of requiring no additional cables to send sound from a TV to the home AV system for playback through the speakers in the room. For rooms with in-wall, in-ceiling or bookshelf speakers, ARC improves the audio experience tremendously without the need for additional cables or other accessories.
Detachable HDMI Connectors: The Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) cable includes two detachable 6' HDMI cable adapters that are easily attached on each end of the cable using the included UFO couplers, after pre-wiring. The Celerity proprietary UFO connectors on each end of the Celerity Universal Fiber Optic cable connect to these detachable HDMI adapters via the included UFO couplers. The HDMI adapters are terminated by standard full-size male HDMI connectors that plug into your source and display devices. This detachable connector design is so that the Celerity fiber optic cable between components can be easily installed in tight, hidden spaces and in conduit when required.
Note: Celerity recommends that their cables are connected directly between a source and display for best results. Celerity cannot guarantee the performance and specifications when an HDMI adapter or coupler is used with their UFO cables.
Bi-Directional Cable w/ Directional Connectors: The Celerity UFO cable may be installed from any location between a source and display without the burden of ensuring the cable is in the correct direction. Celerity UFO is designed that each end of the UFO fiber cable acts as a precision optical pathway. Once the Celerity UFO cable has been installed the UFO cable is ready for connection of the detachable HDMI connectors at the source and display location. Theses detachable HDMI connectors are directional. Ensure the included detachable HDMI connector marked "T" is located at the source component. Ensure that the fiber optic plug and detachable HDMI connector marked "R" is located at the video display.
Power Requirements: The Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) cable is very efficient as its power needs are limited to very low levels. Power at the source component (TX/transmit) is drawn from the source HDMI connector using the HDMI "hot plug". At the display (RX/receive), power is easily connected via a USB port on the TV and with the attached USB power cable (19" in length) which is wired into the Celerity detachable HDMI connector.
Note: In rare cases where insufficient power may be supplied, connecting the TX (transmitter) USB connector to a power source is required. The required specification is 5V 1000mA, 50/60Hz 120-240VAC.
LED Indicators: The Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) cable includes an LED indicator at each end on the supplied detachable HDMI connectors. These tiny LEDs are really important and convenient. They let you know that the Celerity UFO cable is properly working from end-to-end.
Easy Installation + Plenum Rated: Celerity Detachable Fiber Optic (UFO) cables are thin, flexible, and easily hidden; plus feature detachable HDMI connectors making it very easy for professional AV technicians and DIY customers to install the fiber optic cable in walls, ceilings, and small conduit runs. All Celerity Fiber Optic cables are plenum rated and UL certified as Optical Fiber Non-Conductive Plenum (OFNP) for safe in-wall installation in your home, office, or building. There are no complicated fiber terminations, special tools, and testing required. And no extenders, baluns or amplifiers are needed either. The Fiber Optic Cable has a pull strength of 60 lbs.
Durable & Flexible Jack: Inside the Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) HDMI cable's jacket is a woven layer of very strong yarn to provide durability and pulling strength. The yarn, known as "strength members", protects the tiny, optical glass fibers. The cable jack is also flexible with a bend radius of 0.2" (5mm), which is approximately the diameter of a pencil.
Available Lengths: The Celerity Universal Fiber Optic (UFO) cable is available in 35', 40, 50', 60', 80', 100', 130, and 160' lengths (as well as special order lengths up to 1000').
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.