PSB M4U TW1
True wireless Bluetooth® earphones
Our take on the PSB M4U TW1 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The PSB M4U TW1 true wireless earphones stay secure during hard workouts and sound lively and natural.
Lightweight, cord-free headphones with a strong sound pedigree
Truly wireless headphones are a popular choice these days, especially for runners and the gym crowd. The PSB M4U TW1 Bluetooth® in-ear headphones play music wirelessly from your phone and have no connecting cable to get in your way. These sweat-proof earbuds sport a unique "hook" design to keep them secure while you move. But the really special feature here is the audio performance. It's much easier to stay motivated when listening to a detailed, energetic sound profile that's sculpted by the legendary Paul Barton — one of my favorite speaker designers.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- 6mm dynamic drivers tuned for detailed sound with deep bass
- "earhook" design keeps headphones secure while running or exercising
- IPX5 sweat- and weather-resistant
Bluetooth and Battery Info:
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- touch and tap control for Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and calls
- built-in microphone for taking calls with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 4 to 5 hours of listening
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
Accessories and General Info:
- "Y-shaped" USB cable included for charging
- includes 4 pairs of silicone ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- carrying case
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.14 oz.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Left wireless ear bud (black)
- Right wireless ear bud (black)
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 8" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and two Micro-B USBs on other end)
- Carabiner clip
- Zippered storage case
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty booklet
PSB M4U TW1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.697" x 0.866"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The PSB M4U TW1 True Wireless Earphones allow you to listen to your favorite music or talk on your mobile phone without the hassle of messy wires. The M4U TW1 includes two separate ear buds, one left and one right, that wirelessly connect to your device via Bluetooth, and each have their own rechargeable battery. These feather-weight ear buds weigh only 0.3 ounces each. The earphones come with 4 pairs of silicone ear tips, USB charging cable, and a padded, zippered storage case with a carabiner-style clip.
Bluetooth: The earphones are equipped with Bluetooth version 4.1 with A2DP and AVRCP profiles. The wireless operating distance is approximately 10 meters (33 feet).
Design: The M4U TW1 earphones have a unique earhook design that hangs behind your outer ear and stays in place. Made of ABS with a soft rubber coating, the earphones provide hours of comfort and a secure fit. They are also sweat- and weather-resistant (IPX5 rated), so you can wear them while you work out, or in inclement weather. The high-performance 6mm drivers provide the signature Paul Barton PSB sound with lots of detail and ample bass response. Four sizes of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) are included so you can find the perfect fit for your ears.
On-board Controls: The PSB M4U TW1 True Wireless Earphones are equipped with on-board touch controls and a power button on both ear buds. You can use the controls on either the left or right side. Once you have powered on one ear bud and paired it to your phone, you can power on the corresponding ear bud and they will automatically sync with one another. The silver circular area of each ear bud provides the touch controls for the earphones. Short taps and long presses control the playback device as follows:
- Single tap: Answer call, End call
- Double tap: Play, Pause
- 2-second press: Skip backward (left ear bud), Skip forward (right ear bud)
- 5-second press: Activate Voice Assistant (Siri, Google Assistant)
Power: Each ear bud contains a Polymer Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.0V, 190mAh) to power the earphones. Micro-B USB ports are located on the ends of the ear buds for connecting the USB charging "Y" cable (One Type A connector on one end and two Micro-B USB plugs on the other end). Using a 5V 500mA USB charging port, the earphones charge in about 2 hours. On a full charge, the batteries provide up to 5 hours of talk time and 80 hours of standby time. For music playback, the batteries give you up to 4.5 hours with two ear buds, or up to 5 hours with one ear bud.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.25% (1kHz, 1mW)
- Transducers: 6mm dynamic drivers, closed back
- Dimensions: Ear Buds: Width 0.697", Height 0.866", Depth 0.929"
- Weight: 0.3 ounces each
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
No cords! Good price range! [ Marie Jan 25, 2018 ]
What a decent set of earphones for gym. Fit has been an issue before, hope these do the job. [ T Jan 22, 2018 ]
3 questions already asked
We have not run into any issues regarding the audio "sync" and/or video delay with PSB's M4U TW1 truly wireless headphones so far. If you'd like to discuss in more detail, however feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat--they'll be happy to go over all the specifics with you :) [ Larry Apr 04, 2018 ] Staff
Yes, I wear glasses also and have no problem [ gary Mar 04, 2018 ]
Yes I also were glasses and these are very comfortable. [ RUSSELL Mar 04, 2018 ]
No. They feature Bluetooth 4.1 but do not support AptX. [ Ryan Jan 19, 2018 ] Staff
Frequently Compared With
PSB M4U TW1
True wireless Bluetooth® earphones
Kicker Tabor HP402BT
Over-the-ear wireless headphones
Beats by Dr. Dre® BeatsX
In-ear wireless Bluetooth® headphones with Apple® W1 chip
In-ear wireless Bluetooth® headphones with W1 chip