2-channel amplifier — 25 watts x 2 at 4 ohms
Our take on the Atlas TSD-PA252G by Crutchfield's Bob Bihlmayer
25 watts by 2 channels
Atlas Sound's TSD-PA252G 2-channel amplifier delivers 25 watts per channel at 4 ohms, or 50 watts bridged to a single channel at 8 ohms. The rear panel features two Phoenix style inputs and a set of unbalanced RCA inputs. Front-panel gain controls with removable knobs provide adjustment for left/right or bridged outputs.
This unit requires a power supply (sold separately) to operate, and you can power multiple TSDs from one supply depending on current requirements. This amplifier requires 1000mA when used in bridged mode and 2000 mA in stereo mode, so you must use the TDS24V2500mA power supply.
Get a free system design
- 2-channel power amplifier
- power output: 25 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms, 50 watts x I channel at 8 ohms bridged
- two balanced inputs
- dual RCA inputs
- removable Phoenix style I/O connectors
- input signal and peak indicator LEDs
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- balanced input impedance: 10K ohms balanced (5K ohms unbalanced)
- dimensions: 1.5"H x 4"W x 5-1/4
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
Overview: The Atlas Sound TSD-PA252G is an ultra-compact 2-channel amplifier, designed for adding sound reinforcement for projectors or for powering speakers in a classroom or meeting room. The amplifier has an output of 12 watts per channel into 8Ω, 25 watts per channel into 4Ω, and 50 watts bridged mono into 8Ω. The TSD-PA252G requires a separate 24V power supply (sold separately).
Time Saving Devices (TSDs): The TSD-PA252G is part of Atlas Sound's Time Saving Devices, or TSDs, for short. TSDs utilize high quality internal components, and were designed to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to "real world" installation problems. Atlas Sound's TSD line includes mixers, amplifiers, preamps, distribution, and control devices. All of the TSDs are housed in a compact 4" x 1.5" x 5.2" (or smaller) black aluminum chassis.
Inputs: The TSD-PA252G features two balanced inputs with removable Phoenix style connectors and two unbalanced RCA inputs. You can independently adjust the gain of the left and right channels using the front panel's rotary controls. If you bridge the amplifier, the left input is used and the left channel control will adjust the audio level.
Outputs: The TSD-PA252G is equipped with two removable Phoenix style connectors for the left and right channels. These connectors will accept up to 14 gauge speaker wire. To bridge the amp, the left + and right - speaker terminal are used, and the mode switch is set to "Bridge".
Front Panel Indicators: In addition to the left and right level controls, the front panel features LED indicators for each channel and a master power LED. Each channel has a green Signal LED that illuminates when the input signal reaches 25mV, and a red Peak LED that illuminates when the input signal reaches 3dBV below when signal clipping occurs.
Power Requirements: The TSD-PA252G does not have a power cord, but requires a separate 24V power supply. The minimum current rating for the power supply is determined by the total impedance of the connected speaker load. If an 8Ω load is connected, the required power is 24V DC / 1000mA. At 4Ω or 8Ω bridged, the power requirement is 24V DC / 2000mA. The optional Atlas TSD-PS24V2500MA is a 24-volt power supply, capable of powering multiple TSDs up to 2500mA. The power supply has a 2-pin Phoenix connector which plugs directly into the back panel of the distribution amplifier.
Mounting Options: There are several ways of mounting the TSD-PA252G. In addition, two cable retainer straps are included to help make a clean installation. Mounting methods include:
- Velcro: Self-adhesive, industrial-grade Velcro strips are included in the box for attaching the amp to virtually any flat surface.
- Brackets: Two mounting brackets are included in the box to secure the amp to a cabinet or wall.
- Rack Mount: The optional TSD-RMK rack mount panel allows you to mount up to four TSDs in a single 1U rack space.
Security Cover: A security cover is included to prevent potential damage or unwanted tampering with the front panel controls. The front panel knobs are removable to allow the installation of the security cover.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Power Output:
- 8Ω: 12 watts x 2 ch
- 4Ω: 25 watts x 2 ch
- 8Ω Bridged: 50 watts x 1 ch
- THD: 0.2% (1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80dBV
- Balanced: 2 (with removable 3-position Captive Screw connectors); Impedance 10KΩ (balanced), 5KΩ (unbalanced)
- Unbalanced: 2 (with left and right RCA connectors); Impedance 10KΩ
- Outputs: 2 Speaker outputs (with removable 2-position Captive Screw connectors; 14-gauge max)
- Dimensions: Width: 4" Height: 1.5" Depth: 5.2"
- Weight: 13.4 ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.