5 compact satellite speakers and a powered subwoofer (Charcoal)
Item # 108TSS450C | MFR # TSS-450CHR
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Infinity TSS-450 by Crutchfield's Tom Mathew
Infinity's TSS-450 delivers powerful home theater sound. Its front and surround satellites include a 2-1/2" mid and 1/2" tweeter, while the voice-matched center channel speaker sports the same tweeter with dual mids for clear dialogue and high-impact on-screen special effects. The 8", 100-watt powered sub fills in the bass with power and precision. All six speakers work together to create a seamless surround sound experience with movies, and they do a great job with multichannel music, even demanding high-resolution sources like SACD and DVD-Audio.
The front and rear speakers include brackets for wall mounting, and the center channel speaker features an adjustable rear foot which allows you to position it atop your TV just right.
If you have a 6.1- or 7.1-channel receiver, you can add an extra satellite speaker (or two) for even more enveloping surround sound.
- Front and surround satellites:
- acoustic suspension
- each handles up to 100 watts
- 1/2" tweeter
- 2-1/2" woofer
- adjustable wall brackets included
- 3-1/2"W x 5-1/16"H x 3-1/2"D
- acoustic suspension
- handles up to 100 watts
- 1/2" tweeter
- dual 2-1/2" woofers
- adjustable rear foot
- 8-1/8"W x 3-9/16"H x 3-9/16"D
- 100-watt RMS amp
- 8" side-firing woofer
- 10-5/16"W x 16-1/4"H x 16-1/4"D
- video-shielded (except subwoofer)
- frequency response: 39-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- warranty: 5 years (3 years electronics on subwoofer)
Center channel speaker:
great litte system, subs a little weak but overall great system for the price.
rufus66, philadelphia, PA
What's in the Box:
- 4 Charcoal Sat450 satellite speakers
- Charcoal Center450 center speaker
- TSS-450 powered subwoofer with attached 5.75' AC power cord
- 4 Wall-mount brackets
- 4 Ball/Screw posts (each with an attached hex nut)
- 15' Mono subwoofer cable (with a single gold-plated male RCA plug on each end)
- Three 15' lengths of speaker wire for front channels (each length has bare wires on both ends)
- Two 40' lengths of speaker wire for rear channels (each length has bare wires on both ends)
- Owner's Guide
- Warranty sheet
Infinity TSS-450 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Video Shielded||Sats Yes/Sub No|
|Pieces in System||6|
|Midrange size (inches)||2-1/2|
|Woofer size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Surround||Not Given|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||32|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs Speakers/3 Yrs Amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs Speakers/3 Yrs Amp|
|RMS Power Range (watts)||10-100|
|Subwoofer RMS Power (watts)||100|
|Main Speakers (inches)||5-1/16H x 3-1/2W x 3-1/2D|
|Center Speaker (inches)||3-9/16H x 8-1/8W x 3-9/16D|
|Surround Speakers (inches)||5-1/16H x 3-1/2W x 3-1/2D|
|Subwoofer (inches)||16-1/4H x 10-5/16W x 16-1/4D|
Total Speaker Solutions: The TSS-450 5.1-channel speaker system consists of four identical Sat450 satellite speakers, a matching Center450 center speaker, and a 100-watt TSS-450 8" powered subwoofer. If your home theater system is 6.1- or 7.1-channel, you can expand the TSS-450 by purchasing additional SAT450 satellite speakers (item # 108SAT450C). All of the speakers, except for the subwoofer, are magnetically shielded, to allow placement on or near a TV without causing picture distortion. Speaker wire and subwoofer cable are included.
Sat450 Satellites: The four identical Sat450 satellite speakers each have 2-1/2" poly cone midranges and 1/2" poly dome tweeters with a polypropylene acoustic suspension enclosure. The satellites can be placed directly on a shelf, or mounted on a wall using the supplied brackets. Recommended Amplifier Power Range: 10-100 watts.
Wall Mounting Options: The TSS-450 system comes with "ball and socket" wall-mount brackets for each of the satellites. Each satellite speaker has a 1/4"-20 threaded insert in the back of the enclosure to accommodate the bracket. The satellites also have a 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the bottom for use with other optional wall brackets or stands. The brackets are 2-9/16" x 1-3/4", and mount the speaker approximately 2-1/4" away from the wall. Note: For proper mounting, each bracket requires four 1-1/2", #10 wood screws (not supplied). The brackets should be fastened to a wall stud, or, if a wall stud is unavailable, an appropriate screw anchor should be installed.
Center450 Center Speaker: The matching Center450 center speaker has dual 2-1/2" poly cone midranges and a 1/2" poly tweeter, housed in a polypropylene acoustic suspension enclosure. The speaker can be placed directly on top of your television, or on a shelf above or below the TV. The Center450 includes an adjustable rear foot which extends up to 5/8" to allow you to aim the speaker downward, if necessary. Recommended Amplifier Power Range: 10-100 watts.
TSS-450 Powered Subwoofer: The TSS-450 powered subwoofer features a side-firing 8" poly cone driver in a bass reflex enclosure, driven by a 100-watt RMS amplifier. Other features of the subwoofer include:
- Auto Stand-By: When the Auto/On switch is in the "Auto" position, the subwoofer will power on instantly when a signal is detected. The subwoofer will automatically enter the Stand-By mode after approximately 10 minutes when no signal is detected. A front-mounted LED indicates the subwoofer mode (green=On, red=Stand-By). For extended periods of non-operation, the power switch should be turned off.
- Level Control: You can set the overall volume of the subwoofer to achieve the best blend with the rest of the system.
- Line Level Inputs: The subwoofer has an unfiltered mono LFE (low frequency effects) RCA input for use with a receiver with Dolby Digital or DTS decoding and an LFE or subwoofer output. The subwoofer also has left and right RCA line level inputs for connecting a receiver that does not contain a Dolby Digital or DTS decoder, but has a subwoofer output. You can use both inputs if the receiver has left and right subwoofer outputs, or either the left or right channel input if your receiver/preamp has a single subwoofer output. No "Y" adapter is needed.
- Speaker Level Inputs/Outputs: The subwoofer features left and right spring-clip speaker-level input and output terminals to allow you to connect the sub if your receiver/pre-amplifier does not have a subwoofer or LFE output. When connecting the subwoofer in this manner, you should connect the subwoofer to the receiver/amplifier's front speaker outputs, and connect the left and right front speakers to the speaker-level outputs on the subwoofer.
Crossover: The manual states in the Specifications page that the subwoofer's crossover is "50Hz-150Hz, 24dB/octave, continuously variable." There is no crossover frequency adjustment.
Line-Level/LFE Switch: The Subwoofer Connections page indicates settings for the Line Level/LFE switch for two different subwoofer connections. The subwoofer has no Line Level/LFE switch.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.