Sennheiser CX SPORT
In-ear wireless Bluetooth® sports headphones
Our take on the Sennheiser CX SPORT by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The sweat-proof Sennheiser CX SPORT Bluetooth earbuds fit comfortably and securely.
Wireless earbuds for serious workouts
Over the years, Sennheiser has developed a loyal and devoted fanbase thanks to their distinct, well-balanced sound. And lucky for those of us who love them, they've created headphones for almost every listening situation. The CX SPORT headphones are the the company's first Bluetooth earbuds made for exercise and running.
These durable headphones are sweat-proof, highly visible, and feature ear fins that keep them in place while you move. Music plays wirelessly from your phone, and the sound is Sennheiser smooth. They aren't overly bass-heavy like some workout 'phones, and they deliver clear, detailed mids and highs.
Easy controls while you're on the go
A sleek connecting cord wraps around your neck, so it stays out of your way while. That's helpful if your out running, because you won't loose an earbud if you happen to knock one loose. Of course, you'd have to be going extra hard for that to happen with these secure in-ears.
The cord also features an in-line remote so you can toggle through songs and adjust volume on the fly. Just keep your phone wherever it normally stays during workouts. You can also answer a call through the headphones (or hit ignore and keep on moving).
- lightweight earbuds designed to stay secure during workouts
- sweat-proof design
- tuned to deliver Sennheiser's clear, distinctly smooth sound
- Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- aptX® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- aptX Low Latency decoding helps sync audio and video on compatible devices
- compatible with Soundcast VGtx Bluetooth wireless TV/headphone transmitter
- 3-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 6 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- 10-minute quick charge gives you an hour of playback
- earpieces and cord feature bright, reflective colors for visibility and safety
- includes 4 sizes of ear tips and 3 sizes of ear fin adapters for a proper fit
- carry case
- frequency response: 17-21,000 Hz
- weight: 0.53 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- In-ear wireless headphones with 24" connecting cable
- 4 Pairs of black silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Ear Fins (1 pair installed)
- Clothing clip
- 5" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Zippered neoprene storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Guide
- Compliance Information
Features and Specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.476" x 0.476"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||17-21k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Sennheiser CX Sport in-ear wireless headphones are designed for active lifestyles. The CX Sport feature Bluetooth 4.2, and allow you to connect wirelessly to up to two devices at once. The headphones have an in-line remote and microphone on its 24" connecting cable for managing phone calls and music playback. The sweat-proof CX Sport comes with four pairs of ear tips and three pairs of ear fins, plus a clothing clip and a neoprene zippered storage pouch.
Bluetooth: You can wirelessly connect the CX Sport to Bluetooth devices up to 30 feet away. The wireless headphones are compliant with Bluetooth 4.2, and backward compatible with all devices with Bluetooth 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 4.0, and 4.1. The headphones are compatible with the following profiles: Headset Profile 1.2 (HSP), Hands Free Profile 1.6 (HFP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile 1.2 (A2DP), and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile 1.4 (AVRCP). The headphones can save the pairing information of up to 8 Bluetooth devices, including two simultaneously.
aptX: Qualcomm's aptX audio coding delivers the same high-quality sound as a wired connection, with crisp, full stereo audio playback. Qualcomm's aptX Low Latency enables the headphones to deliver audio from portable video devices without a noticeable delay. You can enjoy videos and gaming with your portable device with high quality audio, in sync with the video.
In-ear Fit: The CX Sport in-ear headphones include four pairs of silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) to assure you have a proper fit. Three pairs (S, M, L) of bright, neon yellow ear fins help to keep the ear buds in place. The fins tuck behind the folds of the outer ear to give you a solid fit.
Battery: The headphones are equipped with a 3.7V, 100 mAh rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery. The battery charges in approximately 1-1/2 hours, providing up to 6 hours playback time. A 10-minute "quick charge" gives you up to 1 hour of battery life. You can check the remaining battery charge via the LED on the in-line remote. The battery life may also be displayed on the screen of your smartphone or device.
Connecting Cable: The left and right ear buds are connected by a 24" cable with an in-line remote and microphone. The cable can be worn in the front or the back, and can be adjusted with the included cable cinch. The in-line remote/microphone is compatible with iOS and Android devices, and control phone calls, music playback, and volume.
- Frequency Response: 17 Hz - 21 kHz
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 112dB (passive, 1 kHz, 0 dBFS)
- THD (1 kHz, 100dB): < 0.5%
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Diameter 0.476", Depth 0.836"
- Weight: 0.5 ounce
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.