Wireless streaming music speaker with built-in Amazon Alexa and Apple® AirPlay® 2 (Black)
| Watch a product review |
Crutchfield: Sonos wireless music system
From Sonos: One with Amazon Alexa
From Sonos: The Home Sound System
Item # 616ONEBLK | MFR # ONEG1US1BLK
$199.00 Earn up to 199 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Sonos One by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Sonos meets Alexa
The Sonos One is moisture-resistant, so you can use it on your deck, porch, or patio.
What's easier to use than a Sonos multi-room audio system? One you can control with your voice. The Sonos One wireless speaker with Amazon Alexa built-in makes it possible. Just tell Alexa what you want to do, such as play tracks from select streaming services, or get a weather update.
Alexa also makes the Sonos One the voice control hub for your Sonos multi-room system. Tell Alexa to turn up the volume of the Play:1 in your kitchen, or play your party mix through every Sonos speaker in your home. And that's just the start.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Sonos One has a 6-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the music's loud. And an LED indicator lets you know when the mic's off for privacy. A responsive chime lets you know Alexa's listening and has heard your commands.
Selecting what to play is now easier than ever. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And of course, you can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
The Sonos One lets you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Once complete, your Sonos One and Alexa are ready to serve you. Just tell it what you want, such as "Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network."
Voice, touch, and app commands together
Control your Sonos One anyway you like. Tell Alexa to play a track. Pause it with your smartphone. Start it playing again with the speaker's top-mounted control buttons. You have total control of the Sonos One, even when you're not in the room.
Expand to any (or every) room
Your Sonos One can be part of a larger multi-room audio system. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One, Play:1, or the larger Play:3 or Play:5, in every room where you want to listen to music. You can set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, you can connect any Sonos speaker to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
The Sonos One has AirPlay 2 built in. That means you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Sonos system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
And if you subscribe to Apple Music®, you can do even more. Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV 4K to control Apple Music with voice commands. Tell it what selection or playlist to play — and which Sonos speakers you want it to play through.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune the Sonos One with Sonos's Trueplay feature. It uses the mic built into your device to measure how the sound reflects off your walls and furnishings, and then it adjusts the speaker's settings for the best possible sound.
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated May 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- compact, humidity-resistant design
- 2 built-in amplifiers and two built-in speakers (one midrange driver and one tweeter)
- built-in array of 6 far-field microphones
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Sonos control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and GooglePlay
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- plays MP3 and WMA streaming internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible iOS portable devices
- not compatible with protected AAC files from iTunes®
- configure two Sonos One speakers for stereo playback
- NOTE: Sonos One speakers cannot be paired with PLAY:1 speakers for stereo
- top-mounted controls for volume, play, pause, skip, and mute
- Ethernet port for connection to a router (cable included)
- requires AC power (adapter included)
- 4-3/4"W x 6-3/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 4.08 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection
What's in the Box:
- Voice-activated network powered speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 58" Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
This speaker works perfectly in combination with other speakers connected through the house. The quality of the sound is also really good. I am happy with the purchase.
Sonos One Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Built-in Alexa Skills: The Sonos One blends great sound and multiroom audio with Amazon Alexa for voice-activated, hands-free control of your music and more. Use your voice to play music, group rooms, and turn up the volume. You can ask Alexa to play music from these featured music services (Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, iHeartRadio, & SiriusXM [Spotify control coming soon]). You can pause, resume, and skip songs, as well as change the volume with all Sonos compatible online music services. You can also use the Sonos One like any other Alexa-enabled device (like the Amazon Echo) and ask Alexa non-music related commands (like information about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc) or have Alexa control your smart home devices. For a complete list of Alexa voice commands you can use with Sonos, click here.
- You will need to search and enable the Sonos skill from the Alexa app on your mobile device or computer.
- Your Sonos equipment and Amazon Alexa-enabled devices must be on the same wireless network.
- Sonos and Alexa work together using a single Amazon account. If you have a second Sonos system in another location, you'll need to use a second Amazon account if you'd like to use Alexa. An Amazon account can only be in use on one Sonos system at a time.
Google Assistant: The Google Assistant will be supported on the Sonos One in 2018 through an over-the-network firmware update.
6 Custom-Designed Microphones: Six custom-designed microphones allow Alexa to hear you from anywhere in the room, no matter how loud the music is playing. With smart voice capture and noise cancellation, the Sonos One ensures you're heard. You can mute the microphone for privacy. An illuminated LED indicator light ensures you always know when your speaker's microphone is active or muted.
Custom Built Drivers + Class D Amplifiers: Built on the same blueprints of the Play:1, the Sonos One is backed by a pair of Class-D amplifiers and custom-built drivers, meticulously tuned to the speaker's unique acoustic architecture. A single 1" tweeter creates a crisp and clear high-frequency response, while one 3.5" mid-woofer ensures you'll hear the faithful playback of midrange vocal frequencies plus deep, rich midbass. The Sonos One provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home. Adjustable bass & treble controls within the Sonos Controller app let you customize your sound by individual room or groups of rooms.
Sonos Wireless Multiroom Audio: The One is part of the Sonos wireless multiroom music eco-system consisting of a family of wireless network speakers, players, and amplifiers. Start with a single Sonos One speaker and add more over time - including the Sonos PLAY:1 / PLAY:3 /PLAY:5 powered speakers, the Sonos One voice-activated speaker, the Sonos Connect:Amp / Connect zone players, and the PLAYBAR / PLAYBASE / BEAM soundbar speakers (all sold separately). With multiple zones, you can play the same or different songs in different rooms of your home. Up to 32 Sonos devices can be connected in one system.
Two Ways to Connect Wirelessly: Sonos brings great sounding music wirelessly to any room in your house, without a big wiring project through SonosNet or WiFi.
- SonosNet Wireless Mesh Network: Sonos can utilize its own SonosNet proprietary wireless mesh network technology to provides superior wireless range for whole-house coverage, ensure synchronous music playback, and avoid sources of wireless interference. The transmitting range of the Sonos wireless system is approximately 100', depending upon your home's layout. In addition to the One, you will need a Sonos Boost (sold separately) connected to your network router/modem via a Ethernet cable.
- WiFi Wireless Network: Sonos can also operate over your home's existing WiFi network (802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz). Because you are connecting wirelessly to your home's existing WiFi network, you do not need to hardwire a Sonos Boost to your router/modem. The Sonos system's wireless range will be dependent on your home's existing WiFi network.
- You cannot connect the Sonos system via both the SonosNet proprietary mesh network and WiFi; you will need to choose one. Sonos recommends using its proprietary SonosNet wireless mesh network over WiFi when applicable.
- The Sonos proprietary mesh network will provide a more secure wireless connection with fewer interruptions for optimum performance. WiFi is subject to greater interference from other WiFi and 2.4GHz devices on your network.
- WiFi connectivity is not compatible with 5GHz (you will have to use the Sonos wireless mesh network in this case).
Ethernet Port (10/100 Mbps): In addition to built-in WiFi, the Sonos One is equipped with one Ethernet port (10/100 Mbps). Use it to wire directly to your router to operate Sonos if WiFi is unstable, or use the Ethernet port to provide Internet accessibility to non-wireless devices if you're using a SonosNET Boost setup.
Music Streaming Services: Sonos gives you access to unlimited music; such as your iTunes library, your favorite online music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows, and podcasts.
- Online Music Services: Sonos works seamlessly with TuneIn, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, Apple Music, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, TIDAL, Deezer, SoundCloud, and more; plus downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.) Click here for the latest online music services (some online services require a paid subscription).
- Music Libraries: Sonos supports playback of music from any computer or network-attached storage (NAS) device on your home network where you have shared music folders. Sonos can play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats. Sonos indexes your music folders so you can view your music collection by categories (such as artists, albums, composers, genres, or tracks). Sonos supports the following audio file formats - MP3 (compressed), WMA (compressed), AAC (MPEG4), iTunes, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless), WAV (uncompressed), and AIFF (uncompressed).
- iTunes Music: The Sonos wireless music system supports the playback of music and playlists managed with your iTunes account (playlists are limited to 40,000 tracks). Sonos can access your iTunes music files from your network computer or directly from your Apple iPod iOS device (4.0+) running the Sonos app.
Sonos Controller App: Sonos allows you to control its audio setup, playback functions, and search features through the Sonos Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.3+) or the Sonos Controller software (for Windows PC (7-up) and Mac OS X 10.10-up) - letting you control the entire Sonos eco-system from your compatible smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. The new navigation bar (My Sonos, Rooms, Browse, Search and More) at the bottom of the app makes finding what you're looking for effortless and moving between music quicker than ever.
- My Sonos: Organize your music with the My Sonos tab. It's the simplest way to combine and access all the music you love. Bringing together in one simple screen all your favorite songs, playlists, albums, podcasts and radio stations from across your different music services.
- Now Playing: The Now Playing screen features album art and basic playback controls. For a deeper look into the music you're listening to, the "Info View" screen gives you artist bios, album reviews and concert listings. See related artist suggestions to discover a new band for your queue. You can also add to your playlists, delete songs from your library, and share tracks to Twitter or Facebook.
- Rooms: You can choose to play different songs in different rooms, choose to group all rooms together to hear the same music throughout your home, or choose to group only certain rooms together for music playback. You can also crank up the volume for each room individually or together.
- Browse & Search: Browse your music services, favorites, internet radio, personal music library and playlists. You can browse your music content by Album, Artist, Song, or Playlist. You can even search across all of your music services and files simultaneously, so you can find the music you love instantly.
- More: Provides personalized & custom settings for your Sonos system. Adjust and audio settings like bass, treble, balance, and loudness for each room location.
Note: The Sonos device, Apple iOS/Android device, Windows PC, and/or Mac computer must be connected to the same wireless network.
AirPlay 2 (Firmware Update Availalbe): AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Sonos One, Play:5, Playbase speakers, and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on compatible Sonos speakers. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on a Sonos One, Play:5, or Playbase speaker. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room.
Note: Even though the Play:1, Play:3, Playbar, and other Sonos products are not AirPlay 2 compatible, you can still group these Sonos speakers with an AirPlay 2 compatible player (like the Sonos One, Play:5, or Playbase) to unlock AirPlay for your entire system.
Trueplay Tuning (for Apple iOS): The layout of a room, and where a speaker is placed, can have a significant impact on the sound that you hear. Trueplay, an auto-tune app within the Sonos App, uses the microphone in your Apple iOS device to measure how sound reflects off walls, furnishings and other surfaces in a room, and then fine tunes the Sonos One speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it. The Sonos One speaker already sounds fantastic, but Trueplay brings you even closer to how music should sound. Completing Trueplay tuning for a room takes approximately 3 minutes from start to finish.
- Compatibility: Trueplay is compatible with the Sonos One, Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5. In order to perform Trueplay tuning, the Sonos app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 7 or higher is required. This includes iPhone 4s and higher, iPad 2 and higher, as well as iPod touch 5th generation and higher. Trueplay tuning is not available if the "VoiceOver" feature is enabled on your Apple iOS device. Trueplay is currently not compatible with Android.
- 1Ch/1.1ch & 2Ch/2.1Ch Tuning: Trueplay can be used with a single speaker setup, two speakers configured as a stereo pair, or either of these configurations with the Sonos Sub added.
Note: You will need to retune the Sonos speaker using TruePlay, if you move the speaker within the same room or to another room, change the orientation of speaker (horizontal vs. vertical), or change the configuration of the speaker setup (going from a single speaker to a stereo pair for example).
Top-Panel Capacitive Touch Controls: In addition to control through Amazon Alexa and the Sonos Controller app, the Sonos One features top-panel capacitive touch controls. Tap the top-panel controls to play/pause your music and turn the volume up or down, and swipe the top-panel controls to skip to the next or previous song.
Stereo or Multichannel System Compatible: You can use two Sonos One speakers in a stereo pair - one speaker acts as a dedicated left, while the other speaker acts as a dedicated right. Two Sonos One speakers can also be used to create a wireless 5.1ch surround sound experience with Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam and Sub 1. Now you don't have to run wires to a powered sub or rear speakers to enjoy true 5.1ch audio.
Mounting Options: You can place the Sonos One wherever you find the sound most enjoyable. Its compact size makes it easy to place the One on your desk, the kitchen counter, or on your nightstand. Integrated rubber feet protect your furniture and keep the Sonos One secure. The One is even designed to withstand high humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. However, the One is not waterproof or water resistant.
Notes: There are no integrated keyholes slots, threaded inserts, or bracket on back of the speaker to wall-mount the Sonos One. However, you can use the Flexon S1-WM wall-mount bracket (sold separately) which is specifically designed to wall mount the Sonos One.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Sonos One operates on standard household current using the supplied detachable 6.5' AC power cord. The Sonos One is not battery powered.
Home Network Requirements: To access Internet music services, Internet radio, and any digital music stored on your computer or Network-Attached Storage (NAS) device, your home network must meet the following requirements:
- High-speed DSL/Cable modem, or fiber-to-the-home broadband connection for proper playback of Internet-based music services. If your Internet service provider only offers Satellite Internet access, you may experience playback issues due to fluctuation in download rates.
- If your modem is not a modem/router combination and you want to take advantage of Sonos' automatic online updates, or stream music from an Internet-based music service, you must install a wireless router in your home network. If you don't have a wireless router, you will need to purchase and install one before setting up your system.
- You will need the Sonos Controller application for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.3+, or the Sonos Controller software program for Windows PC 7-up and Mac OS x 10.10-up.
- Connect at least one Sonos component to your home network router using an Ethernet cable, and then you can add other Sonos components wirelessly. Or setup your Sonos component wirelessly via WiFi without any hardwire connection.
- For best results, you should connect the computer or NAS drive that contains your personal music library collection to your home network router using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure all of your Sonos components have the latest software update installed.
Note: Although Sonos is compatible with most networking equipment, some network devices are incompatible. Usually when networking hardware does not work with Sonos, it's because it lacks support for the network protocols that Sonos uses to operate, like UPnP, STP, and SMB/CIFS.
Automatic Updates: The Sonos One supports free automatic software updates so you will always have the newest features and music services to enjoy. Simply register the One and Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available through the Sonos Controller app. By simply pressing one button your system updates itself.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Heard good things about the sound quality and liked the Alexa integration as well. Hope it lives up to the hype! [ CURT Nov 02, 2018 ]
Already have a couple of Sonos Play 5 speakers. Wanted to expand my collection. [ CRAIG Oct 20, 2018 ]
Alexa voice with Sonos sound quality [ Jim Sep 20, 2018 ]
To add one with Alexa [ Ricardo Sep 19, 2018 ]
To create a grouping of Sonos speakers and extend the audio capabilities to other rooms. [ Richard Sep 18, 2018 ]
AWESOME product. [ Greg Sep 18, 2018 ]
Looks sturdy [ Christopher Sep 17, 2018 ]
Sound quality in its size classs, ability to stereo pair, ease of connection to multiple wireless music services, build quality, value for the money, pragmatic solution to lifestyle listening, but good enough for music listening in a smaller space. [ David Sep 06, 2018 ]
Should be a perfect fit and color for speakers in every room [ Douglas Sep 05, 2018 ]
Have wanted to build a whole home sound system for years. This looks far more flexible than a wired system, and (hopefully) will let me play my library of FLAC files. Will start my experiment with two Sonos One speakers. [ Asher Aug 19, 2018 ]
Have a complete Sonos system but wanted one for my kitchen [ RICHARD Jul 28, 2018 ]
needed to create my 5.1 home theatre experience and my gadgets are all black. [ ANDREW ST Jul 14, 2018 ]
Wifi works so much better than Bluetooth [ Monte Jul 09, 2018 ]
Sonos is the class leader in wireless speakers. I had several friends recommend these speakers highly, that when I went to the store to hear them I was blown away. [ Darren Jul 05, 2018 ]
It was part of the Sonos 5.1 package, and they sound amazing. [ Bryan Jun 13, 2018 ]
I love Sonos speakers. Have a house full. Thought I would try the new integrated ones with Alexa. [ Brian S Jun 09, 2018 ]
Great sound quality and extremely easy to setup and use [ Stewart May 30, 2018 ]
I love the product at home and though it would be a great product for my business [ Eladia May 28, 2018 ]
I have this product in my home and in my office. Love them. I ordered this set for my son as a house warming gift. [ TONI May 28, 2018 ]
Already own product. Extremely satisfied customer. Buying this one for a long-time friend and co-worker as a Thank You. [ Shannon Mitchel May 11, 2018 ]
great reviews. I have the Sonos playbar, and it is terrific. [ Frederick May 07, 2018 ]
Blends with my decor better. [ Erhizee Apr 28, 2018 ]
THE SOUND IS AMAZING [ STACI Apr 24, 2018 ]
This purchase is a birthday gift for a close friend who enjoys his recently purchased Sonos One. [ Victor Apr 19, 2018 ]
It had Alexa [ Charles Apr 01, 2018 ]
sound quality [ bob Mar 31, 2018 ]
Sonos makes some awesome stuff. These babies will go in the master bedroom and the garage. I like the built-in alexa feature. They will join the sonos 5.1 surround in the living room. I am an impatient apple guy. Meaning I can't wait for the homepod and siri to grow up any longer. Really happy with sonos products. [ Leonard Mar 29, 2018 ]
Have a couple already and want to add them to other rooms. [ Stephen Mar 18, 2018 ]
Crutchfield's customer support during and after the sale. Plus the reputation of quality that Sonos has. [ Frank Mar 17, 2018 ]
I own and love my Songs:Play 1. Now I am going to set these up as a stereo pair in another room. I also am interested in the built in Alexa features. [ Jason Mar 05, 2018 ]
Add to my sonos system purchased from Crutchfield [ Stuart Feb 27, 2018 ]
Kristina said it was excellent [ Victor Feb 25, 2018 ]
To complete playbar 5.1 [ GREG Feb 23, 2018 ]
I enjoy SONOS in multi-room office use, and I look forward to Alexis addition to product for home and office. [ JOSEPH Feb 23, 2018 ]
I want to hear the music on my computer in the next room at a reasonable volumn. [ John Feb 15, 2018 ]
Works with my Sonos network [ Guest Feb 15, 2018 ]
Added to my existing Sonos system and Alexa compatibility [ D Feb 09, 2018 ]
GIft for son. He set up my new Sonos speakers for me. They arrived from Crutchfield today. Typical excellent service from Crutchfield. [ marc Feb 01, 2018 ]
I have several Sonos speakers. They have amazing sound quality and are simple to set up and update. Always a great experience buying from Crutchfield! [ JAMES Jan 30, 2018 ]
I find the Sonos speakers to be of excellent quality. Easy to set up as a wireless speaker, Their phone app is very good and always improving. [ LOUIS Jan 26, 2018 ]
Works with Alexia. [ KENNETH Jan 15, 2018 ]
reviews [ LARRY Jan 10, 2018 ]
alexa [ JON Jan 07, 2018 ]
I'm a long term Sonos product user and have been very happy with Sonos over the years . . . . . . . I've always been a happy and loyal Crutchfield customer and support them whenever I can. [ Steve Dec 28, 2017 ]
no [ Jeffrey Dec 26, 2017 ]
great speaker at a amazing price [ Pedro Dec 18, 2017 ]
I heard Sonos had a good reputation and wanted to try their product. [ David Dec 18, 2017 ]
My wife loves how easy Alexa (Amazon) echo dot is, Sonos One combines this convenience of voice commands with much better sound quality [ Rob Dec 17, 2017 ]
After talking with Nate, your advisor, I decided this Sonos speaker will be a good addition to our existing ones. My husband wanted this speaker to try the Alexa feature and we can always use more speakers! [ Cindy Dec 12, 2017 ]
I needed another Sonos 1 and wanted it to have voice activation/ control [ GERALD C Dec 10, 2017 ]
Sonos and Alexa are both great products. To see them combined into one device is fantastic. [ Lawana Dec 08, 2017 ]
Had the play three and love it. Interested in having one in my bedroom [ ADRIAN Nov 28, 2017 ]
I've been waiting for a smart speaker from Sonos for a long time. [ Rodolfo Nov 27, 2017 ]
Reputation of product line,,,advice from Crutchfield advisor,,,, specs. [ Ronald M. Nov 27, 2017 ]
Alexa integration [ SANDIP Nov 27, 2017 ]
I like SONOS products; this unit will interface with the other owned units. [ ROBERT S Nov 27, 2017 ]
because i just recently purchased the black playbase [ SHAUN Nov 27, 2017 ]
We wanted to extend our Sonos system. Right now we have a Sonos 3 in our family room. This one will go in our bedroom. Next up: a Sonos Connect to connect our receiver and speakers to the system. [ Noah Nov 26, 2017 ]
I bought the Sonos One as a gift for an individual that will use it in a small room. I chose a Sonos wireless speaker because I own a Sonos 3 system set up for stereo mode with a Sonos bass woofer in a very large room with a vaulted ceiling. It's an incredible digital sound system, one that I would recommend without reservation. The app that came with my system is excellent and has only gotten better through several updates. [ GEORGE Nov 26, 2017 ]
Sonos + Alexa = awesome [ Matt Nov 25, 2017 ]
I love Sonos products and now I can get the Alexa functionality built in. [ David Nov 25, 2017 ]
Adding to my Sonos speaker systems, plus the Alexa feature. [ Pamela Nov 25, 2017 ]
I have the play 1 & 5 and think the one will be a nice compliment to to the system. I think the Alexis feature is a great selling point to why I choose one as a gift and one for home. I ordered from Crutchfield instead of other stores because of the great past service, the VA local partnership, and the great customer service! Thank you and Merry Christmas?? [ Eric Nov 25, 2017 ]
On sale. No tax. [ Jeff Nov 23, 2017 ]
The best sound experience so far. Even better when combined with another Sonos 1/One in stereo. [ Martin Nov 23, 2017 ]
I love my Songs Play 1's and I wanted one with included Alexa. [ C Nov 23, 2017 ]
We have an Alexa and this will be a nice addition, It is a Christmas gift for my husband. [ Teresa Nov 21, 2017 ]
Voice activated to go with the rest of my Sonos components [ David Nov 21, 2017 ]
apple music. and alexa [ Lorenzo Nov 20, 2017 ]
We are trying to save our old amplifier from overuse, and this fits the bill exactly. [ K Nov 16, 2017 ]
An excellent Speaker with support for Alexa and Google Assistant in the near future. [ Siddeswara Nov 08, 2017 ]
Research on crutchfield site and others rated Sonos as if not the best one of the best wireless systems available [ Ron Nov 01, 2017 ]
The Alexa integration is something I've been waiting for [ Jason Oct 29, 2017 ]
JUST NEED ONE OF THESE AND I KNOW SONOS IS A NICE BRAND [ MARK Oct 27, 2017 ]
Complements my Sonos play bar [ BRYAN Oct 24, 2017 ]
Alexa integration. [ JONATHAN Oct 24, 2017 ]
Matches my playbar [ Dfinkelsteinmd Oct 22, 2017 ]
Read reviews [ Gerard Oct 21, 2017 ]
Plays from the widest variety of sources [ Donald Oct 15, 2017 ]
Airplay 2 compatible and link to rest of my sonos network for airplay 2 [ JACOB Oct 21, 2018 ]
Size, quality, features [ Linda Oct 08, 2018 ]
Positive reviews [ Dennis Aug 06, 2018 ]
Excellent speaker [ Rick Jul 19, 2018 ]
This white one is for my master bathroom, will match the off white details there while giving me some music/news while chilling in the tub. [ ANDREW ST Jul 14, 2018 ]
Love the speaker. [ Robert Jul 13, 2018 ]
See my review for the black one:) [ Brian S Jun 09, 2018 ]
Daughters birthday [ K May 05, 2018 ]
Have a couple already and want to add them to other rooms. [ Stephen Mar 18, 2018 ]
I really like the Sonos One for its voice control. Asking Alexa to play music, adjust the volume, change tracks, and doing it all hands free is what really makes the Sonos One shine. [ Michael Mar 14, 2018 ]
A friend has it and I was impressed with the sound [ David Mar 10, 2018 ]
IT is awesome. [ J Feb 22, 2018 ]
I did allot of research on this item before making the purchase with Crutchfield. The price was in line with other retailers, the product knowledge and information on the product on the Crutchfield site was awesome. Standard shipping time, and additional shipping options seemed reasonable, and the fact that there is no CA tax put me over the edge. Will buy from Crutchfield in the future for sure! [ Sean Feb 21, 2018 ]
We wanted better sound quality than our current Amazon Tap. [ James Feb 14, 2018 ]
Have read good reviews in Consumer and in Sound magazines. Thought I would give this Alexa item a try. [ vincent Feb 02, 2018 ]
Appears to be an extremely versatile speaker system with connection to Amazon, and soon Google and Airplay2 at an excellent price for 2 units. [ John Jan 27, 2018 ]
Incredible sound from such a small speaker. Easy set up. Included Amazon Alexa convenience. [ ANTONINO O Jan 16, 2018 ]
Sound quality [ Andrew Jan 15, 2018 ]
matches the others i own [ brad Jan 05, 2018 ]
Great addition to my home system for my wife to use the system too. [ Tim Dec 19, 2017 ]
love the sonos system, can't wait to try sonos one. [ Robert Dec 11, 2017 ]
To complement an existing Sonos system [ Steve Dec 10, 2017 ]
Previous Sonos products have been great for me. Great reviews on this, their latest product. [ KEITH L Dec 04, 2017 ]
Bought one from Crutchfield. Like it. Want second one for stereo sound. [ RICHARD Dec 03, 2017 ]
on sale [ James Nov 28, 2017 ]
Quality and workmanship [ Alfons Nov 28, 2017 ]
I own 6 Sonos products and they are awesome...needed a new one for the deck. This new one works with "Alexa", so I'll swap out the Play 1 from the kitchen, put it on the new Deck and put this new Alexa capable model in the kitchen so I can use voice commands to control the music! [ Kirk Nov 27, 2017 ]
I want to incorporate 2 of the Sonos One with the Playbar and Sub to make it surround sound and the 3rd Sonos One in the kitchen. [ PIERRE Nov 27, 2017 ]
Alexa integration [ SANDIP Nov 27, 2017 ]
got the first one as a gift. reasonably simple to set up, and sound is impressive for size of speaker. need 2 for stereo! [ PAUL Nov 27, 2017 ]
Alexa, turn on the lights. [ DJ Patrick Nov 27, 2017 ]
Great speaker and now with Alexa Integration, one less thing in my room (echo). [ Alfred Nov 26, 2017 ]
Love SONOS products. Sound is wonderful! [ HENRY Nov 26, 2017 ]
it was on sale and to add it to my sonos network, also one for a gift for a friend. thank you! [ James Nov 26, 2017 ]
Love the brand. Have 2 without Alexa. [ Claudia Nov 26, 2017 ]
The Sonos is currently THE best option when it comes to sound quality, multiroom audio, and smart speaker capabilities combined into one nice looking package. [ Sherwin Nov 24, 2017 ]
previously purchased a Sonos Play one and wanted to pair with another speaker [ J Ketcham Nov 24, 2017 ]
Adding speakers to our current Sonos system and decided that the integration with Alexa built-in was the way to go and Sonos with the sound quality is incredible. [ J Ketcham Nov 24, 2017 ]
I saw the reviews about it in the site. Its seems to be reasonably priced speaker for small rooms. [ Karthik Nov 24, 2017 ]
sonos speakers rarely go on sale [ Ruston Nov 24, 2017 ]
I have other Sonos speakers and am a big fan! [ Matthieu Nov 24, 2017 ]
Loved the reviews [ Linda Nov 23, 2017 ]
for the bathroom [ Jason Nov 21, 2017 ]
Complement existing Sonos system [ ARNOLD C Nov 20, 2017 ]
I love sonos [ J Nov 13, 2017 ]
I already have a Sonos system at home and I would like to add the voice control feature supplied by Alexa. [ James Oct 22, 2017 ]
I own multiple speakers like this. Im pleased with Sonos wireless capabilities. [ Troy Oct 22, 2017 ]
I already have a sonos system, this will add welcome features [ Mark Oct 21, 2017 ]
Selected this color to have it standout from the other Sonos 1s I have [ D Oct 11, 2017 ]
2 questions already asked
Listen, I love my Echo and have since the day it arrived, but in no way, shape or form does the sound compare to any Sonos product. The Sonos One has far superior sound and extends my whole-house system to the back covered patio and allows for voice control and answers questions to boot. Meanwhile, my Echo allows voice control in the living room. [ Wayne Oct 30, 2017 ]
It's also a Sonos which doubled as a great speaker. Can only paired with another Sonos One and not a Play 1 for stereo arrangement. [ Swee Oct 30, 2017 ]
Sound quality on Sonos One is ten times better to my ears (I have both). However, it is worse in its Alexa support. Can't get News Briefings (I care about this), can't call/message anyone (I don't care about this), for example. It is also slightly more involved to set up initially. It does answer questions, gives weather when asked, etc. I do not have any compatible smart devices, but they're apparently supported similar to the Echo. [ Aditya Oct 30, 2017 ]
Sonos has much better sound quality. If you use it to listen to music than this is the way to go. [ Scott Oct 30, 2017 ]
I'm sorry I don't really know I did not research the echo at all The sonos checked off a few boxes if you will and I went with that Easy installation for a neophyte like me It works on wifi not Bluetooth [ robert Oct 30, 2017 ]
As you can see from the other responses, it all depends on what you mean by pair and all the speakers playing from a voice command. If you mean pair so two speakers are acting as right and left channels in the same room--no. If you mean add it to your existing sonos system and work with them, and control them--yes. The only speaker with voice command capability will be the sonos one; that's the only one that will accept voice commands. However, the voice commands to the sonos one will control all the speakers, as far as I can tell thus far [ Mark Nov 27, 2017 ]
No they don't pair with any other speakers than themselves. Voice only works on a Sonos One. [ NEAL Nov 25, 2017 ]
Per the Sonos support forum "The Sonos One will only pair with another Sonos One" [ DALE Nov 25, 2017 ]
No, you cannot, but you can control other sonos products using Alexa commands [ Blah2u Nov 25, 2017 ]
No, it can certainly be grouped with another speaker in regards to playing at the same time, but a non ONE will not respond to voice commands. Also, be aware that a Play 1 and ONE can not be paired in a 5.1 system. [ Sandy Nov 25, 2017 ]