Sony Alpha FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
Telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Item # 158E702HGM | MFR # SEL70200GM
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sony Alpha FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Ultimate control, accurate results
Wildlife and sports photographers will appreciate the exceptional optics and performance of this Sony G Master 70-200mm telephoto lens. A special anti-reflective coating and nine specialized lens elements reduce distortion and aberrations for outstanding high-resolution images, while an 11-blade circular aperture gives you a smoothly defocused background when shooting wide open.
Great photos anywhere, anytime, rain or shine
Perfect for outdoor photography in any season, the lens's dust- and moisture-resistant construction means that if the weather takes a turn, you won't have to pack it in until you're ready. Its focal range and large f/2.8 maximum aperture let you play up your subject by compressing and blurring the background, making it an excellent choice for portraits and close-ups. The maximum aperture remains constant across the entire zoom range, so you'll get consistently well-exposed photos without having to change your exposure values as you adjust focal length.
Stay focused on important details
Sony's quiet dual linear motors ensure fast, precise focus for smooth video rendering and responsiveness during continuous still shooting. Range limiter controls let you restrict the focal range, preventing accidental focus on foreground elements and minimizing time spent "hunting" for focus so you won't miss your shot. Once you've acquired your target, the focus hold button lets you lock the focus where you want it.
Keep it steady
Sony's optical image stabilization works in two ways to give you crisp photos and smooth videos in all kinds of different scenes and lighting conditions. Option one ensures sharp handheld images and longer focal lengths, slower shutter speeds, or in low light. Option two is a panning mode switch that compensates for subjects moving horizontally across the image plane.
- 70-200mm f/2.8 telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 70-200mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 105-300mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- f/2.8 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- Nano AR coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 3 aspherical elements, including 1 newly developed XA (extreme aspherical) element, plus 4 ED (extra-low dispersion) and 2 Super ED elements for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- fast auto/manual focus switching with focus ring
- focus hold button for added control
- ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) actuator and double linear motor actuator work together for rapid, precise focusing
- minimum focus distance: 3.15'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 23 elements in 18 groups
- 11 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- lens is 3-1/2" in diameter and 7-7/8" long
- weight: 52.21 oz.
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps, tripod mount, soft storage pouch
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Sony Alpha FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Why did you buy this?
Great Image Quality! [ RICHARD Mar 22, 2018 ]
To complete my holy trinity of Sony GM lenses for my new Sony A7r III. [ JAY Mar 01, 2018 ]
I purchased this lens for shooting track and field events as well as portraits in demanding light conditions. [ William Oct 13, 2017 ]
Focal Range [ Francis Jun 19, 2017 ]