Metra ethereal Recessed Media Box II Surge Supressor
In-wall surge-protected power outlet and media plate
- recessed low-voltage media plate with integrated 2-outlet AC receptacle
- tamper-resistant 15-amp/125-volt duplex AC receptacle is UL-listed for safety
- each outlet has built-in 480-joule surge protection
- withstands surges up to 15,000 amps
- allows for easy HDMI, optical, and coaxial cable passage
- low-profile design fits behind most TV wall mounts
- features a side cover plate with 1" and 2" knockouts for conduit or tubing
- three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings
- includes a flexible opening plate, a 6-Port keystone plate, and a blank plate
- features built-in, self-tightening mounting wings
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended
What's in the Box:
- Recessed low voltage media plate
- Snap-in cover plate with conduit/pipe knockouts
- Flexible pass-through accessory plate
- Keystone accessory plate
- Blank accessory plate
- 15A/125V Duplex surge protector
- Electrical box. 4 Mounting wings
- 4 Media plate screws
- 2 Duplex receptacle screws
- 4 Electrical box screws
- 4 Plate screws
- Grounding screw
- 4 Nuts
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
- Surge Protection Instructions
- Cutout Template
Recessed Media Box II with Duplex Surge Suppressor: The Recessed Media Box II (45-0063-WH) is designed to streamline power and cable management behind your flat-panel TV. The box features a side cover plate with knockouts for conduit or tube making it ideal for rough-in applications while allowing your TV or other display to be mounted flush to the wall.
Recessed Media Plate: The recessed media plate is perfect for managing and hiding in-wall HDMI and other types of in-wall audio/video cables, speaker wire, and Ethernet data cable behind your flat-panel television. Metal mounting wings are attached to the media plate and fasten tightly against the back of the drywall when installed for a quick and easy installation. The recessed media plate will require a rectangular cutout in your room's drywall.
- Cutout: 7.25" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 3.875" (d)
- Outer Frame: 8.125" (w) x 7.625" (h) x 0.1875" (d)
- Overall: 8.125" (w) x 7.625" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
15A/125V Duplex Surge Protector The Recessed Media Box II (45-0063-WH) includes a 15 Amp/125 volt duplex surge protector which mounts inside the recessed media plate using the supplied electrical box.
- UL Voltage Protection Rating: 600V (Line Neutral/Ground), 1000V (Neutral-Ground)
- Energy Rating: 170 Joules (Line Neutral/Ground), 340 Joules (Neutral-Ground)
- Peak Surge Current: 12,000 Amps (Line Neutral/Ground & Neutral-Ground)
Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended.
Side Cover Plate: A 2.75" (w) x 4.625" (h) cover plate is mounted to the recessed media plate and provides a 0.75" and 1" knockout for the pass-through of conduit or tube.
Accessory Plates: There are two openings inside of the recessed media box, one on the top and one on the bottom. Three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings, allowing for multiple configuration options. Accessory plates include a six port keystone accessory plate, a flexible pass-through accessory plate, and blank accessory plate.
Tools Required: You will need to the following tools to install the Recessed Media Box II (45-0063-WH).
- Drywall saw
- Tape measure
- Philips-head screwdriver
- Utility Knife
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed a box for TV when I mount to wall. Saw this and it has a built in surge supressor. [ MICHAEL Jun 21, 2018 ]
For clean installation of wall-mounted TV. [ Dan Dec 11, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
We don't have the dimensions of that and I cannot find them on Metra's site either. I'd recommend calling Metra on 800-221-0932 to see if they have that information. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Aug 19, 2017 ] Staff