Nikon Z7 Kit
Full-frame 45.7-megapixel mirrorless camera with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and 24-70mm zoom lens
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 0541594 | MFR # 1594
$3,999.95 Earn up to 4,000 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Nikon Z7 Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Nikon's mirrorless revolution
As a faithful Nikon DSLR user, I was completely stoked when they introduced their lineup of Z-series full-frame mirrorless cameras and lenses. Designed with the same standards as the undeniably impressive D850 DSLR, the Z7 blends ultra-high resolution and flagship performance with advanced movie features — and packs it all into a slim but rugged camera body that weighs just over a pound.
I love the images I get from my Nikon DSLRs, but I don't love the wrist fatigue that sets in after a long day of shooting, and that's just one reason I'm dying to get my hands on one of these. Are you ready to lighten your load too?
Exceptional performance and speed
The combined power of the Z7's 45.7-megapixel backside-illuminated full-frame sensor and EXPEED 6 image processor results in high-quality, richly detailed images with reduced noise and faithful color rendering, even in low light. Thanks to its substantial autofocus and processing power, the Z7 can capture a series of images in a single burst at a rate of up to nine frames per second.
A natural choice for Nikon DSLR shooters
If you're a loyal Nikon user, you'll notice that the Z7 has a familiar look and feel. Only it's much slimmer and lighter than the camera bodies you're used to lugging around. It still has a sturdy frame with a substantial grip, and the controls are all where you'd expect to find them. Plus it works with Nikon Speedlights and accessories for a seamless transition from your old DSLR system to a new mirrorless system.
Keep using your favorite F-mount Nikkor lenses
Nikon has already released a few high-quality native lenses for its Z-mount mirrorless cameras, but you don't have to wait for more options to max out this camera's imaging potential. You can use your existing F-mount Nikkor lenses with Nikon's optional Mount Adapter FTZ. This adapter provides full AF/AE support for any F-mount lens with a built-in AF motor (AF-S and AF-P lenses).
Image stabilization with any lens
The Z7 has built-in five-axis VR image stabilization for consistently blur-free photos and shake-free videos at up to five shutter speeds slower than you'd normally use — perfect for shooting handheld in low light. Use Normal VR mode for stationary subjects, or Sports VR mode for moving subjects. For shooting movies, Hybrid VR combines optical and electronic VR stabilization for even steadier shots — great if you don't have a tripod handy.
All your favorite F-mount lenses can benefit from the camera's built-in stabilization too. Lenses without built-in VR gain three-axis stabilization, while lenses that have built-in VR gain an additional roll axis for three-axis VR stabilization.
Intuitive touchscreen shooting
The Z7's large 3.2" touchscreen tilts to help you compose shots from high or low angles. You can tap the screen to focus and trigger the shutter, swipe through photos and videos, pinch to zoom, and navigate settings, just like you would on your smartphone.
An ultra-high-resolution viewfinder
You can also use the Z7's QUAD VGA electronic viewfinder for shooting stills and video. It has the feel of an optical viewfinder, only it lets you preview changes to your settings in real time, and will also let you view the photo or video you just shot. Its icon-driven info display is easy on the eyes, and you can also pull up a customizable menu right in the viewfinder to make quick adjustments to your settings without taking your eye off your subject.
Fast, accurate autofocus
With 493 on-sensor phase-detect autofocus points, the Z7 lets you acquire your subject immediately and keeps you locked on target, even when your subject is on the move. The camera's powerful Subject Tracking lets you follow a single face in a crowd, tracking the upper body too, so focus is maintained even if your subject briefly turns away from the camera or moves out of view.
4K movies bring your vision to life in Ultra High Definition
The Z7 records 4K movies at rates of up to 30 frames per second, using the full width and resolution of the camera's FX-format sensor. The large sensor allows for shooting with no crop factor using any full-frame Nikkor lens, and output is clean even at higher ISOs.
Pro-level movie features
Experienced videographers will appreciate some of the Z7's more advanced recording features. Nikon's N-Log format preserves more details, reducing heavy shadows and blown-out highlights for movies with up to 12 stops of dynamic range for more precise color grading in post processing.
Nikon's new View Assist function displays simple gradation compensation for easier spot-checking of focus and exposure. And a 10-bit HDMI output lets you record 4K footage to an optional external recorder for smoother, richer post-processing. You can also simultaneously record uncompressed 8-bit 4K movie files to the memory card and an external drive.
A versatile standard zoom for images that are anything but standard
The included zoom lens is a great complement to the Z7. Like the camera itself, its solid dust- and moisture-resistant design let you use it in a variety of situations. The useful 24-70mm focal range lets you capture everything from expansive wide-angle views to tight close-ups and detail shots. A constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range lets you easily change focal lengths without having to alter your exposure settings.
Wireless convenience and control
The Z7 has built-in Bluetooth for a constant connection with your compatible device for easy image transfers whenever the camera is in-range. You can transfer JPEGs in their original resolution or have the camera automatically transfer 2MB versions of your photos as you shoot them. For faster transfers, use the camera's built-in Wi-Fi. It can transfer images at up to 25 Mbps — twice as fast as any other Nikon camera to date.
Nikon's SnapBridge app lets you monitor your subject from your mobile device's screen and adjust settings like exposure, white balance, and more. You can also touch to focus and shoot right from your device — great for self-portraits and group shots, or any time you want to keep your hands off the camera for a steadier shot.
- 45.7-megapixel FX format full-frame CMOS sensor
- backside-illuminated sensor for improved performance in low light
- EXPEED 6 image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- includes NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S zoom lens
- compatible with Nikon Z-mount lenses
- optional Nikon Mount Adapter FTZ allows you to use Nikon F-mount lenses
- built-in Wi-Fi allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- Nikon SnapBridge technology with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for wireless image transfer to compatible mobile devices
- requires free SnapBridge app
- 3.2" high-resolution 2.1-million-dot LCD tilting touchscreen with color balance and brightness control
- provides a 170° viewing angle
- high-resolution 3.69-million-dot Quad VGA OLED electronic viefinder with color balance and brightness control
- provides 100% frame coverage
- extensive weather sealing to withstand moisture, dust, and heavy use
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- supports HDR movie production with Nikon's N-Log gamma profile
- 10-bit 4:2:2 HDMI output lets you record cinema-quality video to an external monitor
- built-in dust-reduction system keeps image sensor clean for spotless photos
- hybrid autofocus system switches between focal-plane phase-detect AF and contrast-detect AF for fast, accurate focusing even in dim light
- 493 phase-detection AF points cover 90% of the frame
- built-in 5-axis VR image stabilization helps keep photos and videos blur- and shake-free
- includes rechargeable EN-EL15b lithium ion battery, charger, USB cable, and neck strap
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- up to 9 frames per second at full resolution in high-speed continuous shooting mode
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- shutter speed range: 30-1/8000 seconds, bulb, time, X200
- ISO range: 64-25600 (expandable to ISO 32 to 102400 equivalents)
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds
- high-speed sync mode lets you synchronize the flash to shutter speeds up to 1/8000
- no built-in flash — works with Nikon Speedlights
File Formats and Storage:
- records in RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG formats
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 8256 x 5504
- movie file formats: MOV, MP4
- records photos and videos onto optional XQD memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- super-speed micro USB (Type C) interface (cable included) for fast data transfer, charging, and tethered shooting
- mini HDMI (Type C) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5-5/16"W x 4"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight (camera body only): 20.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.2"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-70mm|
XQD Memory Card |
|Image Stabilization||Sensor Shift|
|Highest Resolution||8256 x 5504|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||23.9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Frequently Compared With
Nikon Z7 Kit
Full-frame 45.7-megapixel mirrorless camera with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and 24-70mm zoom lens$3,999.95
Sony a6300 Kit
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor mirrorless camera with built-in Wi-Fi® and 16-50mm lens
Olympus E-M5 Mark II Weatherproof Kit
16-megapixel mirrorless camera with 14-150mm zoom lens and Wi-Fi®$999.00$1,299.00
Sony Alpha a9 (no lens included)
24.2-megapixel full-frame mirrorless camera with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®$3,499.99$1,000.00 Instant savings$4,499.99