THX® Ultra2 certified home theater speaker
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Klipsch KL-525-THX by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Experience big theater sound at home
The Klipsch KL-525-THX loudspeaker delivers all the power, detail and emotional impact you'd expect at a big, high-end movie theater or a live concert — only sized just right to enjoy in the comfort of your home. That's because Klipsch uses the same technology found in their professional-grade cinema speakers to help give the KL-525-THX its intense, realistic sound. This speaker bears the THX Ultra2 seal of approval, which means it can produce crisp, clear output at highly demanding reference levels in rooms as large as 3,000 cubic feet. Make these compact powerhouses the centerpiece of your own ultimate THX system for a big step up in home theater performance.
Horn technology for focused sound
The KL-525-THX uses a 1" titanium dome compression driver paired with Klipsch's Tractrix® horn. This large, rectangular flared opening projects high frequencies toward your listening area and prevents sound waves from simply spilling out in all directions. The horn design helps the speaker reproduce accurate detail with everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal clear at all volume levels. Two 5-1/4" Cerametallic™ anodized aluminum woofers pump out detailed, low-distortion mids and bass.
Built for the long haul
To ensure years of top-notch performance, Klipsch builds their THX certified speakers to the highest standards. Each sealed enclosure features the same interlocking panel construction found in their professional speakers for maximum structural integrity and strength. Premium-quality internal wiring is used throughout for superior signal transfer and clarity. And Klipsch finishes off the KL-525-THX with a beautiful and durable fascia of black brushed aluminum.
Meet the whole family
The Klipsch KL-525-THX makes an ideal speaker for each of your home theater's front left, center, and right channels. It can also be used for surround channels, or for combination home theater/music systems that demand superb sound and high-output capability. To complete the THX Ultra2 system of your dreams, add two KS-525-THX surround sound speakers for spacious rear-channel effects, and a KW-120-THX subwoofer and KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier combo for deep, high-impact bass.
- designed primarily for front left-, center-, and right-channel reproduction in high-performance home theaters (also suitable for surround channel use)
- frequency response 80-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: 100 watts maximum continuous (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- tweeter: 1" titanium dome compression driver in a 10" x 6" Tractrix® horn
- woofers: two 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone drivers with cast aluminum frames
- sealed enclosure (acoustic suspension) allows placement in custom cabinetry or against a wall
- professional-grade rabbet and dado cabinet construction
- black cabinet with black anodized aluminum fascia
- dual binding posts for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 15"-13/16W x 12-11/16"H x 12-11/16"D
- weight: 32 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- LCR loudspeaker
- Cloth grille (installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Type||Horn-loaded dome|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Frequency Response||80-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||---|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
LCR Speaker: The Klipsch KL-525-THX is a THX Ultra2 certified LCR loudspeaker designed primarily for front left-, center-, and right-channel reproduction in high-performance home theaters. It can also be used for surround and surround back channels. The KL-525-THX is equally suitable for combination home theater & music systems demanding superb sound and high output capability.
THX Ultra2 Certification: Because of its THX Ultra2 certification, the Klipsch KL-525-THX LCR loudspeaker works well with multichannel movie and music presentations playing up to reference levels in rooms of 3,000 cubic feet or larger.
Two-Way Design: The Klipsch KL-525-THX LCR loudspeaker employs a two-way speaker design with a 1" titanium dome compression driver mated to a 6"x10" Tractrix Horn and dual 5.25" Cerametallic woofers.
- Tractrix Horn Tweeter: The KL-525-THX loudspeaker features a professional-grade 1" titanium-diaphragm compression driver inside a rectangular 6"x10" Tractrix Horn for smoother high-end response with greater extension, enhanced imaging, and more powerful dynamics. The Tractrix Horns delivers a 90° wide and 60° high dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Behind each horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound.
- Cerametallic Woofer: The dual 5.25" woofers of the KL-525-THX feature Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic cones. Made with an anodized aluminum, these cones are strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts their inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The dual 5.25" woofers also employ a rubber surrounds for added durability.
Crossover Network: For signal purity and perfect driver integration, the 1500Hz crossover on the KL-525-THX features the finest components and Klipsch custom internal wiring.
Sealed MDF Enclosure: Construction is to the highest standard, with a professional-grade rabbet and dado locked panel cabinet made from MDF (medium density fiberboard). For additional rigidity, the front baffle is constructed of anodized aluminum.
Dual Binding Posts: The KL-525-THX speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Mounting Options: The Omni-Mount suspension points on this loudspeaker facilitate wall or ceiling mounting using standard hardware (sold separately). The KL-525-THX delivers the ultimate in power detail and emotional impact from a durable easy-to-install cabinet.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
2 questions already asked
Sorry but since I only own the KL-525-THX I am not able to complete. My guess would be that the floor standing speakers would have a slightly better bottom, everything else being equal. BTW, Iam quite happy with the KL-525 speakers. [ WILLIAM Jan 08, 2018 ]
The country of origin lists USA, but the location within the United States is not provided. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. Hope that helps! [ Larry Apr 30, 2017 ] Staff