Cylinder-style powered subwoofer (Black Ash)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the SVS PC-2000 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Powerful bass that takes up less floor space
Want big bass but short on floor space? SVS has the solution. Go vertical with their PC-2000 powered cylinder subwoofer. This sub's unique design delivers all of the deep, powerful bass you'd expect from a big ported box, but in a more space-efficient, cylinder-shaped enclosure with a room-friendly footprint. (Only 16.6" in diameter, to be exact.) The PC-2000 faithfully reproduces bass all the way down to 16 Hz for jaw-dropping depth and dynamics with your favorite music and movies. SVS made its name with their potent cylinder subwoofers. Put one (or two) in your listening room today, and find out why these subs still continue to amaze audiophiles and home theater enthusiasts alike.
With its 500-watt amplifier, 12" aluminum cone woofer, and flared, low-noise rear port, the SVS PC-2000 delivers powerful bass that will rattle your home theater's rafters.
A ported design that goes loud and low
The PC-2000 starts with a bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design that allows its long-throw 12" driver to make wide excursions, creating high-output levels at very low frequencies. The sub's powerful, high-efficiency 500-watt Class D amplifier features a built-in Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that dynamically controls amplifier power to ensure you hear deep, low-distortion bass no matter how loud your music and movies get. The PC-2000's strong, rigid cylinder-shaped enclosure helps eliminate cabinet flex and resonance to keep your bass clean.
Easy system integration
Line-level inputs and outputs let you easily connect this sub to most audio systems. A Low Frequency Effects (LFE) input accepts the subwoofer connection from your A/V receiver. Its back-panel volume, crossover, and phase controls help you fine-tune the bass to ensure a perfect sonic match with your main speakers and your room. The sub includes four SVS elastomer isolation feet to decrease the amount of vibration transmitted to the floor for cleaner, tighter bass. The PC-2000 makes an ideal addition to home theater or stereo music setups in larger listening rooms.
Who is SVS?
SVS was founded in 1998 by a group of audio enthusiasts seeking to develop a better alternative to the under-performing and over-priced subwoofers popular at the time. By leveraging advanced technology, using the highest quality components, and applying rigorous engineering and design principles, the SVS team has developed a line of high-performance, high-value audio products that bring music and movies to life with stunning realism.
- frequency response: 16-260 Hz (±3 dB)
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 500 watts RMS of continuous power (1100 watts peak dynamic power)
- advanced DSP processor maintains control over the subwoofer at all drive levels for refined, low-distortion sound
- lightweight, down-firing 12" aluminum woofer cone with powder-coated cast aluminum basket for high efficiency and low distortion
- bass-reflex (ported) cylinder-shaped cabinet design
- rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls
- continuously variable low-pass 50-160 Hz crossover with a disable (LFE) setting for connecting an A/V receiver
- continuously variable phase control (0-180°)
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- line-level/LFE RCA inputs
- filtered RCA line outputs (fixed 80 Hz, 12dB/octave high-pass)
- remote trigger input
- black-knit speaker grille cloth exterior cover
- included elastomer isolation feet decouple and isolate subwoofer from floor for tighter, cleaner sounding bass
- black ash woodgrain vinyl finish top cap
- detachable power cord
- 16-1/2"W x 34-1/2"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 50 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Subwoofer Unpacking Instructions
This is my 2nd PC-2000 to make it a dual sub set-up, and wow, it DOES make a difference. It balances out the system and enhances the overall sound quality. Glad I made this purchase.
lcompy, Irvine, CA
SVS PC-2000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-160 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||80 Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||500|
|Frequency Response||16-260 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Cylinder Cabinet Design: The SVS PC-2000 powered subwoofer features a cylinder cabinet design and a rear-firing 4" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares for smooth, deep bass and high output efficiency. The cylinder styled PC-2000 outperforms many larger ported "box-style" powered subs. The SVS PC-2000 delivers unmatched bass performance per square inch of floor space giving you the sheer power of a much larger ported subwoofer. Its cylinder cabinet features MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) construction wrapped with a cloth grille and fitted with rubber feet to resist any unwanted distortion.
12" High Output Woofer: The down-firing 12" high output woofer of the SVS PC-2000 powered subwoofer pumps out deep and powerful bass with low distortion, for smooth and accurate performance on music and movies soundtracks. The woofer features a lightweight 12" aluminum cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response, an upgraded suspension for improved linearity and control, plus a long-excursion rubber surround for durability and long-life. It also incorporates FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion, heavy-duty 2" voice coil for extreme power handling, and an extended pole piece that improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
STA-500D Sledge Amplifier: The PC-2000 powered subwoofer employs a Sledge STA-500D amplifier with efficient and cool-running Class D topology. The amplifier is conservatively rated at 500 watts RMS and 1100 watts Peak. This amp features a highly advanced DSP processor offering unmatched control over the subwoofer at all volume levels, for distortion free bass.
Variable Controls: The PC-2000 subwoofer has simple and straightforward control options that make integrating the subwoofer into your listening environment an easy task. The control knobs are actually digital actuators for precise and noise-free adjustment.
- Volume Control: The Volume Control (Min/Max) affects how loud the subwoofer plays. It should be adjusted to match the output level of your loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: This Low Pass Crossover affects the
upper frequency limit of the powered sub. The control
range is 50-160 Hz, along with a "LFE" (disabled) setting. The slope of the low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave. For connection to a home theater receiver, the low pass should be set to "LFE" (disabled). For stereo receiver, it should be adjusted to blend with the natural roll-off frequency of your loudspeakers.
- Phase Control: The Phase Control (0-180°) delays the signal being processed through the amplifier. It should be adjusted to obtain the most coherent and stable soundstage and transition between your loudspeakers and the powered subwoofer.
Inputs & Outputs: Comprehensive and flexible connectivity options allow for easy set-up and integration into your home theater or stereo system
- LFE/RCA Inputs: These unbalanced RCA inputs are used for line-level connection between your receiver and the powered sub. For a single mono connection to a home theater receiver, use the R/LFE input. For stereo receivers, use both the L/R inputs.
- RCA Outputs: These unbalanced RCA outputs are used in stereo applications to high pass the signal being sent to the loudspeaker amplifier. The line level outputs feature a fixed 80Hz, 12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
Placement Options: The cylinder cabinet's smaller footprint lends itself to more placement options. Tucked in the corner, the PC-2000 can deliver immense audio punch to movies and music played back at high levels. The cylinder style powered sub is right at home in space- and style-restricted rooms and home theaters, putting truly high end audio performance into a small footprint. If possible, place the subwoofer near the front stage, for best blending with the front and center loudspeaker channels.
- Corner Placement: Corner placement will accommodate most rooms and will reduce the chances for encountering a null (an acoustic cancellation in the bass response) at the listening position. If your AV receiver equalizes the subwoofer channel during auto-set-up, corner placement will often provide the best overall performance.
- Other Placement Options: If corner placement sound excessively boomy, then try moving the subwoofer to other available locations along the front stage, listening for the best balance of output and a smooth accurate response. Always redo the auto-set-up of your AV receiver after moving the subwoofer to a different location to ensure the acoustic distance and calibration level are set correctly.
- Dual Subs: To maximize the bass output and impact of your home theater, two PC-2000(s) can be paired; one on either side of your room.
Auto/Standby & On Switch: If this switch is set to "Auto/Standby", it will automatically turn-on the powered subwoofer in the presence of an audio signal. If no signal is present for a period of several minutes, the powered subwoofer will enter "Standby" mode, where power consumption will be less than 0.5 watts. If this switch is set to "On", the amplifier will remain on continuously and will not enter "Standby" mode.
Power Status Light: The power status light is located on the front-panel of the powered subwoofer in the upper left corner. The light will illuminate blue when the amplifier is on. The light will illuminate red when the amplifier is in standby mode.
3V-12V Trigger Input: When in standby mode, the powered sub's trigger input (3.5mm) can be used to automatically turn on the powered subwoofer if a signal is sent to this input from another component in the system (like your AV receiver) that features a trigger output.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Because of the specs [ Pedro C. Pagan Oct 16, 2018 ]
Great Reviews [ Chad Jan 30, 2018 ]
Space and placement issues. Ships by air not freight. [ tito Dec 18, 2017 ]
Was going to go with it's little brother, the sealed sb-2000, but this goes down to 16hz instead of 19hz and it plays a bit louder. Hopefully it will still sound good for music. [ Jason Mar 10, 2017 ]
Wanted my pictures to shake and bass to pump through me while watching movies. This sucker does that and more. Never realized how good blues and jazz could sound in my house. [ Jason Jul 14, 2016 ]
need for sub and the reviews were great on this! [ Victor Sep 29, 2016 ]
Footprint was less than a standard boxed sub. [ Brad May 25, 2016 ]