Samsung SmartThings GPS Tracker
GPS tracking device with AT&T LTE cellular, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® connectivity
Our take on the Samsung SmartThings GPS Tracker by Crutchfield's Emily S.
Samsung's SmartThings Tracker and app help you find your lost things.
Keep track of what matters most
It'd be nice if finding lost items in real life were as simple as using Ctrl-F to find a word in a document. Well, with Samsung's new SmartThings Tracker, it almost is. Clip the Tracker to the item (or person) you don't want to lose, and you'll be able to find its (or their) location in no time using the SmartThings app.
How does it work?
Several companies make Bluetooth trackers, but those devices have limited range, which means they're dependent upon close proximity to the lost item. Samsung's SmartThings Tracker is backed by AT&T's nationwide LTE-M network that gives you the ability to track and locate your devices anywhere in the range of that cellular network. The first year of network coverage is included with your purchase. After that, it will cost $5 per month or $50 per year to use the Tracker.
More than a tracker
Set up a geofenced zone in the SmartThings app, and you'll be able to get an alert when the Tracker enters or exits the zone. For example, you might want to get notified when your pet leaves the yard or when your child gets home from school. The Tracker can also act as an arrival sensor to trigger your smart home automations.
- compact, water-resistant device helps track and locate important people and things
- easily attaches to backpacks, keys, pet collars, and more
- use in conjunction with free SmartThings app for iOS® and Android™ devices
- locate and follow Tracker in real time
- set up automatic notifications
- "SOS Alert" feature allows user to notify family members of their exact location
- create zones with geofencing
- get an alert when the tracker enters or exits a zone
- set connected smart home devices to turn on or off
- communication protocols: LTE Cat.M1, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.2
- AT&T LTE service included for the first 12 months at no additional charge (monthly or yearly plans available thereafter)
- IP68 water resistance (protected against continuous immersion)
- operating temperature: 0 - 95° F
- powered by rechargeable lithium ion battery
- battery lasts up to one week on single charge
- 1-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 1/2"D
- weight: .8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee