Wireless audio transmitter
Our take on the Denon DN-202WT by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Send audio wirelessly
If you need to install pro audio equipment in a venue where cable runs and drilling are not desireable — a historic church, for instance — the Denon DN-202WT can help you get the job done right. Plug your source or mixer into the transmitter, and it will wirelessly send audio signals up to 100 feet away, to one or more Denon DN-202WR receivers.
Get a free system design
- wirelessly transmits audio to one or more Denon DN-202WR receivers
- stereo XLR balanced and 1/4-inch inputs for connecting audio sources
- external articulating antenna makes a strong wireless connection
- range: approximately 100 feet
- 5-13/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- weight: 1.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Transmitter w/ attached 6.750" antenna
- Power supply w/ 59" cable (5VDC / 2A)
- User guide
- Safety and warranty booklet
Overview: The Denon DN-202WT is the perfect solution getting an audio signal to places that would be difficult, inconvenient, or applications where unsightly cable runs or drilling of holes is not permissible. Paired with the DN-202WR receiver (sold separately), this combo allows audio transmissions through walls and ceilings up to 100 feet away. The DN-202WT is ideal for event spaces, houses of worship, entertainment venues, educational and retail applications, and more.
Wireless: The DN-202WT operates on a 2.4 GHz transmission frequency (2.404 - 2.476) with greater than 1.8 MHz of bandwidth. Its high-quality audio transmission has a frequency response of 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+3 dB) with a signal to noise ratio of greater than 80 dB. The transmitter's built-in articulating antenna can be rotated up to 180˚ and tilted up to 90˚ allowing for a transmission range of up to 100 feet. The DN-202WT can be paired to multiple DN-202WR receivers, allowing you to transmit a single audio source to multiple locations at an event or indoor/outdoor/multilevel venue.
Inputs and Controls: The DN-202WT features 2 stereo pairs of inputs; 1/4" unbalanced and balanced XLR's, allowing audio to be sent from a professional audio mixer or processor. The transmitter includes the following controls and indicators:
- Stereo/Mono: This button allows signals to be transmitted in either stereo or mono.
- Peak Indicators: Two LEDs indicate if either of the stereo input signals start to clip.
- Pairing Button: Pressing this puts the transmitter into pairing mode for easy linking of DN-202WR receivers.
- Status LED: Indicates the
transmitter's pairing status:
- Slow Flashing: Transmitter is not paired to a receiver.
- Rapid Flashing: Transmitter is in pairing mode and is "searching" for a DN-202WR receiver.
- Lit Solid: The unit is successfully paired to a DN-202WR receiver.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+3 dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 80 dB
- THD: < 0.1%
- Input Level: +5 dBu
- Dynamic Range: > 90 dB at 1 kHz
- Crosstalk: > 90 dB at 1 kHz
- Latency: 20 ms
- Channel: 25
- Modulation: GFSK
- Bandwidth: > 1.8 MHz
- Transmission Frequency: 2.404 - 2.476 GHz
- Transmission Range: Up to 100 ft.
- Transmission Power: 10 dBm
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Supply: 5 VDC / 2A
- Dimensions: Width - 5.875",Height - 1.75" (7.375" with antenna upright), Depth - 5.750"
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.