JBL Xtreme 2
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker (Forest Green)
Our take on the JBL Xtreme 2 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
The party starts here
The Xtreme 2 is waterproof — and we mean waterproof.
The brawny JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker can kick out high-energy sound at the beach, poolside, on the slopes — wherever the fun takes you. It's completely waterproof, designed to withstand full immersion. A sturdy built-in metal base keeps the speaker stable as it pumps out the tunes.
Power to go
The Xtreme 2 can charge your smartphone via its built-in USB port to keep the music playing. The high-capacity battery delivers up to 15 hours of speaker operation between charges. And the detachable strap has a bottle opener built into the buckle, so you can recharge yourself, too.
Big sound with impressive bass
Wide-open spaces need big sound. The Xtreme 2 has two 3/4" tweeters and two 2-3/4" woofers, bi-amped to deliver your music with clarity and detail. Dual passive radiators help it kick out big, bold bass. And don't worry about cranking up the volume. JBL's advanced digital signal processing ensures the Xtreme 2 can project rich, full sound without distortion.p>
JBL Connect app
Download the free JBL Connect app to your Apple® or AndroidT device to get things rolling. The app lets you pair two Xtreme 2's for stereo sound. Or pair even more compatible JBL speakers — up to 100 speakers! (And we should know — we tested it.) The app also lets you use your phone's built-in voice control assistant software to select music via simple spoken commands.
When your paired smartphone receives a call, the Xtreme 2 turns into a speakerphone. Its built-in microphone uses SoundClear® technology to minimize echo and filter out ambient noise. Both you and your caller will enjoy a conversation with clear, natural sound.
- Bluetooth 4.2 for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- range: 30 feet
- IPX7-rated waterproof
- two 2-3/4" woofers and two 3/4" tweeters
- dual side-firing bass radiators
- rated power: 40 watts (2 x 20 watts)
- frequency response 55-20,000Hz
- JBL Connect app
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- access Siri or Google Now voice control
- remotely controls volume
- pair two Xtreme 2 speakers for stereo
- connect up to 100 compatible JBL speakers for simultaneous playback
- built-in microphone with SoundClear echo and noise cancellation
- call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- durable built-in metal base
- 10,000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 15 hours
- USB charging port for portable devices
- adjustable detachable carry strap with bottle opener
- AC power adapter included
- 11-3/8"W x 5-3/8"H x 5-1/8"D
- 5.27 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 42" DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- Shoulder strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
El mas brutal sonido que puedas comprar en una bocina EXCELENTE producto
francisco, Anasco, PR
JBL Xtreme 2 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Portable Waterproof Design w/ Shoulder Strap: The JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker features an ultra-rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Xtreme 2 is IPX7 waterproof rated which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Xtreme 2 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. The included shoulder strap lets you carrying it with you on a hike, to the pool, the patio, the porch, on a picnic, and more. The shoulder strap even features an integrated bottle opener for added convenience.
- The Xtreme 2 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Xtreme2 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Xtreme 2 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Xtreme 2 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Room Filling Sound: The JBL Xtreme 2 employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using four active drivers (including two 0.75" tweeters and two 2.5" woofers), a built-in 20W x 2ch amplifier, and dual 3" side-firing passive radiators, the JBL Xtreme 2 delivers room-filling, full-range JBL sound with big bass response. The JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Bluetooth 4.2: The JBL Xtreme 2 is a self-powered Bluetooth (version 4.1) speaker which supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.6) and hands-free communication (HFP 1.6/HSP 1.2), along with digital voice assistant integration for iPhone (Siri) and Android (Google Now). Up to two devices can be connected with the Xtreme 2 at once, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music. Once paired, the JBL Xtreme 2 will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Xtreme 2 portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth source devices; such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to stream stored music libraries, music apps, and other audio content. You'll also be able to control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth source device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Xtreme 2 has a built-in microphone with echo and noise cancellation technologies, so you can use it as a hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone or Android). Use the Xtreme 2 to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Voice Assistant Integration: The JBL Xtreme 2's built-in mic can even act as an extension of the microphone on your Apple iPhone 4S and newer or compatible Android smartphone, so you can access Siri & Android's digital voice assistant (like Google Now). Simply press the Play/Pause button to activate your device's digital voice assistant. You will need to set this feature up through the JBL Connect App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: When the digital voice assistant is enabled through the app, the Play/Pause control function for wireless music streaming is disabled.
JBL Connect App with JBL Connect+: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect+ enabled speakers, like the Xtreme 2, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link up to 100 speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth source from multiple speakers. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
USB Charging Port: The JBL Xtreme 2 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth mobile device from the speaker's built-in USB type-A port (rated at 5V/2A). Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your smartphone or tablet powered up. The USB charging port is located behind a waterproof rubber cover.
Note: This USB port does not support audio playback. There is also a mircoUSB port for service purposes only.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Xtreme 2 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone jack or analog audio output. The Aux input is located behind a waterproof rubber cover.
Battery + AC Power: The JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery (3.7V/10,000mAh) that provides more than 15 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included AC power adapter; a full battery charge takes approximately 3.5 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
LED Indicators: Clearly visible LEDs let you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Xtreme 2 is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
JBL Xtreme 2
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker
Portable Bluetooth® speaker
Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM
Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker
Portable Bluetooth® speaker