Metra ethereal Expandable Media Box
In-wall power outlet and cable pass-through with expandable storage
- recessed low-voltage media plate with integrated 2-outlet AC receptacle
- a hidden cavity provides additional storage space behind your wall-mounted TV
- wall box storage capacity increases by 75% when the expandable portion is extended into the wall
- allows for easy HDMI, optical, and coaxial cable passage
- low-profile design fits behind most TV wall mounts
- features a side cover plate with 1" and 2" knockouts for conduit or tubing
- three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings
- includes a flexible opening plate, a 6-port keystone plate, and a blank plate
- tamper-resistant 15-amp/125-volt duplex AC receptacle is UL-listed for safety
- features built-in, self-tightening mounting wings
- cutout dimensions: 7-1/4"W x 7-1/8"H x 3-15/16"D
- overall dimensions: 7-9/16"W x 8-1/8"H x 4-1/16"D
- Note: Installation by a licensed electrician is recommended
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Recessed expandable media box
- 15A/125V Duplex receptacle
- Electrical box. Hidden storage cavity
- Flexible pass-through accessory plate
- Keystone accessory plate
- Blank accessory plate
- 4 Plate screws
- 4 Electrical box screws
- 4 Mounting wings (pre-installed)
- Instruction/Installation Sheet
Expandable Media Box: The Expandable Media Box (45-0051-WH) is designed to streamline power and cable management behind your flat-panel TV. The expandable portion of the Media Box allows for maximum storage hidden behind your TV, while still allowing your TV mount to be flush to the wall.
15A/125V Duplex Receptacle: The Expandable Media Box (45-0051-WH) includes a 15 Amp/125 volt duplex receptacle which mounts inside the recessed media plate using the supplied electrical box. The Expandable Media Box can be installed with the receptacle on the left or right side.
Hidden Storage Cavity: A hidden storage cavity provides additional storage space behind your wall-mounted flat-panel TV. It measures 2.5" (w) x 4.4375" (h) x 4.6875" (d).
Accessory Plates: There are two openings inside of the Expandable Media Box, one on the top and one on the bottom. Three interchangeable plates are included to cover these openings, allowing for multiple configuration options. Accessory plates include a six port keystone accessory plate, a flexible pass-through accessory plate, and blank accessory plate.
Installation: The Expandable Media Box will require a rectangular cutout in your room's drywall. Metal mounting wings are attached to the media plate and fasten tightly against the back of the drywall when installed for a quick and easy installation.
- Cutout: 7.25" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 3.875" (d)
- Outer Frame: 7.5625" (w) x 8.125" (h) x 0.1875" (d)
- Overall: 7.5625" (w) x 8.125" (h) x 4.0625" (d)
Tools Required: You will need to the following tools to install the Expandable Media Box (45-0051-WH).
- Drywall saw
- Tape measure
- Philips-head screwdriver
- Utility Knife
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.