Da-Lite Tensioned Contour Electrol 29670LS
Motorized, tab-tensioned projector screen with Parallax black fabric (106")
Our take on the Da-Lite Tensioned Contour Electrol 29670LS by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A big screen — when you want it
If you like a really big picture for watching movies, TV shows, and sports, it's hard to beat a projector system. But maybe you're not crazy about the idea of having a massive white rectangle taking up wall space 24/7. If that's the case, check out Da-Lite's Tensioned Contour Electrol motorized screens. When it's show time, just flip the supplied wall switch and the screen silently lowers into position.
Enjoy movie theater picture quality without sitting in the dark
Da-Lite's Parallax is an advanced ambient light rejecting (ALR) surface designed for home theaters and pro A/V setups. The screen material's micro-layered optical lens system absorbs and rejects ambient room light. You no longer need a darkened room to enjoy big, beautiful, glare-free images. The black surface really enhances picture contrast and black levels.
Each layer of Parallax plays a specific role in preserving the image that is reflected back to viewers in high ambient light environments. Some layers absorb light while one special layer has a microscopic sawtooth pattern that blocks light from above, ensuring high-contrast, bright images even in brightly lit rooms.
The Parallax material rejects 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen. And unlike other ambient light rejecting screens, Parallax provides an ultra-wide 170-degree viewing range, so you'll see full brightness from almost anywhere in the room.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a Parallax screen is an ideal match. This material is actually rated for 8K video, so if and when 8K projectors and content arrive someday, you'll be ready.
The Tensioned Contour Electrol has a sturdy aluminum case with a white powder-coated finish.
- 106" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 92"W x 52"H
- Standard Silent Drive System remains whisper quiet when raising/lowering screen
- Slim-Tab tab-tensioned system keeps the screen perfectly taut
- Parallax ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) material with screen gain of 0.8
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Textureless surface is rated for 4K and 8K projection
- optimal viewing angle range is 85° half-angle, 170° total
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- standard black backing retains projected brightness
- includes 3-button Decora-style wall switch
- mounting hardware kit included for wall or ceiling installation
- case dimensions: 111-3/4"L
- made in USA
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee