AudioQuest Anti-Static Record Brush
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the AudioQuest Anti-Static Record Brush by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
AudioQuest built a better record brush
AudioQuest leaves no stone unturned, even when it comes to upgrading the humble — but vital — record brush.
They've packed in more, thinner carbon fibers so the brush can sweep away ever-smaller particles. And you'll notice that this brush has exposed metal on the handle, which lets you serve as the "ground" to discharge static electricity while you're brushing. It's a simple, effective tool for any vinyl lover.
- designed to safely clean vinyl records works great on LCD screens and keyboards too
- carbon fiber bristles and conductive gold contacts remove microscopic dust
- exposed metal on the handle helps discharge static electricity
- rotating handle on brush cleans the bristles
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Anti-static record brush with rotating handle
Bought this after using a cloth made for anti static for many years. The brush takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it seems to clean deeper. Just need to remember to use a lite touch, otherwise you may cause damage to your disk( the part that needs getting used to...)
Scott A., Corona, CA
AudioQuest Anti-Static Record Brush Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
How To Use:
- Place record on platter and start turntable.
- Holding the Anti-Static Record Brush's gold contacts, gently place the carbon fibers across the grooves. The fibers must touch the grooves, but should not bend; it is the ends of the fibers which do the cleaning.
- Let the record turn a few times in order for the carbon fibers to gather both visible dust, and the micro-dust that is too small to see.
- With the brush still on the record, rotate your wrist and the brush counterclockwise, lifting the fibers off the record. Try not to lose the dust as you lift the brush off the record.
- Rotate the brush within the black handle to clean the dust off the fibers.
- The brush is better at gathering dust than at holding dust; so repeat steps 3 and 4 a second or third time. For records that are cleaned every time they are played and not left out, a single pass with the Anti-Static Record Brush will keep them clean.
Note: Do not touch the carbon fibers as fingers' natural oil will compromise the cleaning process.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
My album collection is many years old, but I want to protect them the best I can by cleaning them at every use. [ David Sep 06, 2018 ]
Uniformly great reviews everywhere. [ C Jul 24, 2018 ]
Audio Quest has had an excellent name for audio products for decades, and as I'm just getting back in to vinyl I thought I'd buy a quality product. [ Andrew Jun 15, 2018 ]
I've used them historically and during my recent move, my current brush was damaged. [ Timothy Jun 09, 2018 ]
We have a lot of older records that need to be cleaned or dusted [ Margaret Jun 05, 2018 ]
Enhance sound quality and use proper care for my vinyl records. 5 star reviews given on this site for this product. [ Chuck May 08, 2018 ]
Brand reputation and reviews [ Kristina Mar 16, 2018 ]
Find this is a good solution to keep static buildup down and replaces the needs for wet cleaners in my experience. [ Tony Feb 20, 2018 ]
I am getting back into vinyl, after 30 years. I needed a brush to clean my records and reduce static. I have Audioquest Rocket 44, NRG-2, and McKenzie cables, which I like so much. So, am going with Audioquest to help me clean my records. [ C Feb 12, 2018 ]
I'm impressed with the clever way this brush was designed to discharge static. It's such a no-brainer for a record nerd like me. [ E Jan 02, 2018 ]
Recommended by Crutchfield staff [ JACOB Dec 27, 2017 ]
I have been wanting to listen to my old vinyl and took the recommendation of Ziggy to get the anti-static brush. [ Bob Dec 03, 2017 ]
I have a record collection that has been stored for at least 20 years so I want to make sure those vinyl goodies are as clean as they can be before dropping them onto the turntable platter. [ Keith Dec 01, 2017 ]
To clean my records. [ Larry Nov 06, 2017 ]
Need something to clean some very old vinyls that have been in storage. [ Terry Oct 31, 2017 ]
To clean my vinyl records. [ J Aug 04, 2017 ]
have a Yamaha R-S700 THAT I BOUGHT FROM YOU AND PLAYS GREAT LIKE SOMEOME SAID LIKE OLD SCHOOL. HAVE 500 ALBUMS THAT I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN . NOW I NEED RECORDER NEXT. QUAILITY IS GREAT THANK YOU AND EXCUSE MY SPEELING. [ raymond A. Jul 09, 2017 ]
To clean my vinyl before playing them. [ Keith Jun 06, 2017 ]
Gotta keep those records clean! [ Brian Jun 05, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Good Afternoon, I am sorry, I can't answer your question. I purchased the brush for my grandson. Regards, Larry P. Burton ll [ LARRY Apr 12, 2018 ]
Approximately 4.5 in. long 1.5 in. tall 3/4 in. wide [ Andrew Apr 12, 2018 ]