5.2-channel home theater receiver with Bluetooth®
Our take on the Denon AVR-S530BT by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A simple, effective home theater machine
Denon's AVR-S530BT is a great choice for any budget-conscious shopper looking for high-quality home theater sound. This capable receiver delivers engaging surround sound for movies and TV, along with rich, full sound for your favorite music.
The AVR-S530BT is compatible with the latest 4K TVs. Built-in Bluetooth gives you a range of music streaming options. Straightforward controls let you operate your system with ease, and you can even use your phone or tablet as a Bluetooth remote control.
Power and Processing:
- 5-channel amplifier
- 70 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- automatic speaker setup optimizes your speakers for your room and setup (microphone included)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- Bluetooth remote app lets you control your system from your compatible mobile device
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- plays high-resolution FLAC files from connected USB memory devices (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 5 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (HDMI inputs 3, 4, 5, and monitor output only)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- composite video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 analog stereo audio inputs
- preamp outputs for two powered subwoofers
- no phono input to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- outputs for 5 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R)
- full-sized headphone jack
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- intuitive on-screen guide
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/16"W x 5-5/16"H x 12-9/16"D
- weight: 16.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 5.2ch AV receiver
- Remote control (RC-1216)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Auto calibration microphone
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on radio
- Warranty Information
love the output, well balanced just what I would expected from Denon
Van Williams, Sarasota, FL
Denon AVR-S530BT Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Discrete Amplification: The Denon AVR-S530BT AV receiver features a powerful Class AB power amplifier section equipped with discrete high current power transistors. This discrete amplifier design delivers optimum realism and stunning dynamic range. By using high current, high power discrete power devices, the amplifier is able to easily drive high quality speakers. The AV receiver's five channel Class AB amplifier is rated at 70-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.08% THD, driving 2 channels).
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||8ch, 32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS 96/24|
|High Definition Audio Bitstream||Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express|
|Optical/Coaxial||2Ch Linear PCM||2ch, 32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Multichannel Linear PCM||6ch, 32-96Hz, 16/20/24-bit|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS 96/24|
Note: Even though the AV receiver will decode 7.1channel surround sound (via HDMI), it will only output 5.1ch surround, because it lacks Surround Back channel speaker outputs.
Post Decoding Formats: The Denon AV receiver supports Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie/Music/Game), and DTS Neo: 6 (Music/Cinema) to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. The receiver offers the additional Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS NEO:6 audio adjustments.
- Dolby Pro Logic II Settings: You can adjust the following parameters in Pro Logic II Music modes: Panorama (sends stereo signals to the surround speakers as well as the front speakers for a wraparound effect), Dimension (adjusts the soundfield either towards the front or towards the rear of the room), and Center Width (moves the center channel output completely towards the center speaker or towards the front left and right speakers).
- Center Image (DTS NEO: 6 Music): This parameter adjusts the front left and right channel output relative to the center channel to make the center channel more or less dominant as necessary.
Auto Room EQ: During the auto speaker setup process (known as "Auto Room EQ"), the included measuring microphone determines the right combination of optimum settings for the receiver to deliver the best possible sound quality from your particular speaker system and room. You can also choose to manually adjust the AV receiver's speaker settings.
Other Listening Modes: You can also choose from the one of the following Listening Modes.
- Stereo Playback: Sound is output from the front left and right speakers, as well as the powered subwoofer. If multichannel signals are input, they are mixed down to 2-channel audio. The tone settings can be adjusted.
- Virtual Surround: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or set of headphones.
- Multichannel Stereo: Left and right stereo channels are distributed to all the speakers so that stereo sound can be heard from all directions at any listening position.
- Direct Mode: The Denon AVR-S530BT offers a Direct Listening Mode which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Direct Mode provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing.
Audio Enhancements: The Denon AVR-S530BT receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- Bass & Treble: You can independently adjust the system's overall Bass and Treble settings from -6 to +6 dB.
- Restorer: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio), and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The Restorer function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Night Mode: The Night Mode optimizes sound for late night listening. This function can be set to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
- Audio Delay: If needed, the audio signal can be manually delayed to match the video signal; adjust from 0-200ms.
Volume Settings: The AVR-S530BT offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0, -10, or -20 dB to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Power On Level: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
Audio Outputs: The Denon AVR-S530BT AV receiver features spring-clip speaker terminals, dual sub outputs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Spring-Clip Speaker Terminals: The receiver has spring-clip terminals for all speaker connections. The spring-clip terminals can accept bare wire and pin connectors. The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 6 to 16-ohm.
- Dual Sub Outputs: For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the AVR-S530BT features two non-discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system. The same signal is output from each sub output.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: Featuring five HDMI inputs and one HDMI output, the AVR-S530BT incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-S530BT also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The AVR-S530BT's HDMI 3-4-5 inputs and monitor output support up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second. It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI. HDMI 1-2 inputs do not support 4K.
- HDCP 2.2: The HDMI 3-4-5 inputs and monitor output of the Denon AV receiver support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. HDMI 1-2 inputs are not HDCP 2.2 compliant.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: HDMI 3-4-5 inputs and the HDMI monitor output support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Other HDMI Features: The Denon AVR-S530BT AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the AVR-S530BT's HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- 3D Ready: The AVR-S530BT AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-200ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 200ms to synchronize it with the video image.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Composite Video Inputs/Output: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output. You must connect the receiver to your TV via composite video to view incoming video from the receiver's composite inputs (there is no HDMI upconversion). There are no component video inputs or outputs.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner, USB, or Bluetooth.
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a digital audio player or USB thumbdrive. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 99 folders/999 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Compatible Audio Formats Sampling Frequencies Bit rate Extension WMA (Windows Media Audio) 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-192 kbps .wma MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) 32/44.1/48 kHz 32-320 kbps .mp3 WAV 32/44.1/48 kHz N/A .wav MPEG-4 AAC 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-320 kbps .aac/.m4a FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz N/A .flac
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones & tablets
AM/FM Tuner: The Denon AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Denon AVR-S530BT features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with a 32' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly connect to Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computers/laptops and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the AVR-S530BT, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time).
- Wireless Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone/tablet, computer/laptop and more to the Denon receiver. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the AVR-S530BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Denon receiver offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod/iPhone/Pad.
- Wireless Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the receiver or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon AV receiver.
- Power on/off, Volume up/down, & Mute on/off
- Input selection & Sound mode selection
- Tuner control (including Band selection, Tune up/down, & Preset up/down)
- Music Player for internal music files of your Android or Apple iOS mobile device
- Browse & playback control for a connected USB mass storage class device
IR Remote: The Denon AVR-S530BT comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the AV receiver. The AVR-S530BT's can also be used to control select external audio/video components connected via HDMI which support HDMI control.
HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or Blu-ray player compatible with the HDMI-CEC control function, you can perform the operations from the AVR-S530BT's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
OSD w/ Setup Assistant (via HDMI): With Denon's on-screen menu and setup assistant, you can connect, configure, and use your home theater system with ease. The OSD and setup assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that optimizes critical system settings for your particular home theater setup. The on-screen menu and setup assistant are output to your TV.
Note: The video being played will not appear in the background of the menu when the menu is operated during playback of 4K or 3D video, or if the video aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 4:3.
Quick Select: On the AVR-S530BT's front-panel and remote, you'll find four Quick Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources. With Quick Select, the AVR-S530BT remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Timers: The Denon AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with an ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Eco mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Online reviews and product description [ George May 08, 2018 ]
Hoping it will be a good receiver to stream music and connect to Sony bluetooth player, LG TV, and 4 speakers. [ Mary Robin Apr 29, 2018 ]
I was looking for a 2 channel receiver for my home office, I like the bass response, as well as both the digital coax, and HDMI inputs. The price was reasonable as well. While this is a 5.2 receiver, it'll work well for my two channel setup. I also like the Bluetooth, USB input, and the headphone jack. I'll connect my Chromecast Audio to the receiver so that I can stream to the receiver via Wi-Fi. [ Mark Apr 15, 2018 ]
To replace older Yamaha receiver that the HDMI output no longer worked [ CHRISTOPHER A Mar 24, 2018 ]
Reading the spec I see its fit to my needs. [ angel Mar 23, 2018 ]
Denon receivers were recommended to me. This seemed like a great value for the price. [ Steve Mar 21, 2018 ]
Good brand. Adequate for my requirement. [ Frank Mar 19, 2018 ]
reading reviews vs price vs features [ DAVID Mar 12, 2018 ]
Value and size. My primary receiver is a Yamaha 5.1, but reviews convinced me this was better bang for my buck for a small room app. [ Augustus Feb 10, 2018 ]
Brand quality, Bluetooth at this price & I love Crutchfield. [ George Feb 02, 2018 ]
need a current phonic amp that connects to newer tv, with volume control intergrated [ nathaniel Feb 01, 2018 ]
my son who knows a lot more than I do about this kind of stuff recommended it. [ Robert Jan 23, 2018 ]
This unit has everything I need for this room, no reason to get multi-room or atmos, etc. [ J Jan 23, 2018 ]
Features fit my needs and budget. The biggest reason was the customer support from Crutchfield! You know you're talking with pro's in the field without pushy sales or pressure (Thanks again Larry for answering all my questions). This is why I didn't run over to Best Buy or some other box store - Thanks Again. [ Dave Jan 15, 2018 ]
Happy with previous purchase of this product. [ David Jan 02, 2018 ]
Denon is a Quality Brand [ Irad Milton Dec 18, 2017 ]
Features and scratch & dent price [ Gil Dec 17, 2017 ]
It is a Christmas present to my dad who is 82 years old. My dad bought a Smart TV and didn't have the right equipment to support his new investment. My dad talked to a customer representative name Tyler. Tyler was helpful in understanding my dad's needs and suggested this equipment. He was very patient, pleasant and knowledgeable about it. [ Bruce Dec 17, 2017 ]
Price and customer comments made this a deal to hard to resist. [ ROGER A Dec 16, 2017 ]
compatible with my 4k tv [ Donald Dec 13, 2017 ]
previous experience with denon [ David Dec 04, 2017 ]
I would have liked to have an am/fm receiver added. Ha Ha. Everything else aside, it exceeded my desired expectations. [ Gene A. Dec 04, 2017 ]
your review [ Stephen Nov 28, 2017 ]
Good receiver and price. [ DAVID J Nov 27, 2017 ]
Bargain price for a Denon AVR. [ Shiro Nov 27, 2017 ]
All the features I needed, 5 star rating, and relatively low cost [ William Nov 23, 2017 ]
Value and quality [ david Nov 16, 2017 ]
Great deal at $230 [ Glen Nov 16, 2017 ]
options and price [ david Nov 11, 2017 ]
This is all you need for 5.1 sound, has the latest standards, best price, good warranty and, trustworthy customer service. [ John Oct 31, 2017 ]
Have had good experience with Denon components in the past. Had Bluetooth for pairing with Alexa and other devices. [ Ananda Oct 20, 2017 ]
My AVR did not work with my new 4K TV [ Calvin Oct 18, 2017 ]
My Denon 1804 died after 20 years, sticking with Denon for the replacement. [ Justin Oct 18, 2017 ]
You guys rock and so does your customer service [ Rob Oct 17, 2017 ]
I have a Denon and the price [ ROBERT Oct 16, 2017 ]
lots of feature for a low price [ Alan Oct 16, 2017 ]
Good reviews, good price [ Super Dave Oct 15, 2017 ]
Price point was just right, Denon gear is good stuff. [ brent Oct 12, 2017 ]
I chose the Denon receiver based on good reviews and on the desire to have something other than a Sony product. Don't get me wrong, Sony products are fine, but I wanted to experience a different option. I chose Crutchfield as my merchant because of its history of exemplary customer service. [ E Oct 07, 2017 ]
Best bang for the buck(s). [ Donald Oct 06, 2017 ]
Hopeful ease of operation and simplicity. [ DAVID Sep 25, 2017 ]
Prior tuner (Onkyo 626-from Crutchfield) stopped working - for the second time...rather than repair again, I repurchased...but will not buy Onkyo again. [ M Sep 13, 2017 ]
The reviews were very helpful and after comparing it to other models, it seemed like it might meet our needs. [ Dewayne Aug 31, 2017 ]
Highly reviewed on this and other sites. Priced right. [ David G. Aug 31, 2017 ]
Value and quality. Has features I want at an affordable price. [ Rodney Aug 16, 2017 ]
The depth of this receiver was on the low end of the scale, which was important for me. It's very difficult to find smaller receivers, and this was about the best I could do. The price was good, made better by a special offer. It has the connections I need (including a couple of ancient RCA connections). And it has a nice range of current features, including Bluetooth. I'm comfortable with Denon as a brand, and I'm hoping that their quality is what I expect it to be. [ Jay Aug 13, 2017 ]
Price [ Dave II Aug 11, 2017 ]
Replacement for a burned out Sony AV receiver. Customer reviews and trust with Crutchfield service. [ Jeremy Aug 09, 2017 ]
Research for 5.1 & 4K Confirmation by Mick [ J Jul 12, 2017 ]
Always liked DENON receivers. Prefer over SONY. Bravia synchs can be troublesome at times. SONY receivers have poor FM reception [ Michael Jul 11, 2017 ]
old receiver lost subwoofer output. [ Tommie Jul 04, 2017 ]
Because of the Name and the many extras for the price. [ Paul Jun 28, 2017 ]
Attractive price, 5 HDMI inputs, 2 year warranty [ Richard May 22, 2017 ]
Replacing my current Denon 5.1 receiver. Wanted to stay with 5.1 channels but also get HDMI switching in the receiver. Currently have been using a separate HDMI switch with mixed success. I am sold on Denon for quality/reliability and performance. [ John May 22, 2017 ]
11 questions already asked
Good morning, Yes, I believe they do and to my untrained ear it sounds like it. Rob [ Rob Jan 16, 2018 ]
Probably not. The auto setup determines the optimum crossover and outputs frequencies below that to the subwoofer. The manual states that the crossover (if available) on the physical subwoofer should be set as high as possible - this allows sufficient headroom for the auto setup to make its computations. The manual is available online and explains all of this very well. I like the amp! [ Terry Jan 15, 2018 ]
I don't know, I wanted just a stereo system for my home office. However I can tell you that I am not happy with this receiver, it feels like a cheap machine. I recommend spending a little more to get something usable. I also own a Pioneer receiver more or less equivalent to this Denon, a slightly more expensive Pioneer, and a Denon 4300 which is a much more expensive system, so I have some basis for the comparison. [ Richard Jan 15, 2018 ]
Yes [ kory Jan 15, 2018 ]
Surely you can. Optical inputs don't discriminate - the labels are just suggestions. I have found no way to edit the labels on the display though. [ Terry Jan 15, 2018 ]
Sorry, but I don't know. [ Daisy Jan 14, 2018 ]
Sorry, don't know answer to that question [ Steven Jan 14, 2018 ]
I have mine connected through the smart hub, working fine. You can control the volume of the receiver with the Samsung remote if you have everything configured properly. [ Terry Jan 15, 2018 ]
I was asked this question, unfortunately I cannot answer. I do not have Samsung Smart Hub. Mine is hooked up to a Vizeo TV. [ JASON A Jan 11, 2018 ]
No experience with Samsung Smart Hub. FWIW It works fine with my old Logitech Harmony One remote. [ William Jan 10, 2018 ]
Yes.. I've had no issues so far .. and " Comcast " xfinity drive . .. 6mos old. [ michael Jan 10, 2018 ]
Yes! I have connected my 4k TV with HDMI cable and it works seamless. [ Tirumalaimuttu Nov 14, 2017 ]
Yes it does [ William Nov 14, 2017 ]
Yes, ARC HDMI, look at the back panel [ edward Nov 13, 2017 ]
It has 1 HDMI out port at the rear of the unit. [ Wilmer Nov 13, 2017 ]
Yes. If you zoom into the pictures provided, you will see an HDMI out port, [ Rolando Nov 13, 2017 ]
yes it does. Take a look at the picture on this site of the back panel, it is very informative. One of the things I love about this site, if not clear click on the image to enlarge. A good picture worth a thousand words. [ Jiminey Nov 13, 2017 ]
Yes. The receiver supports resolutions up to 4k, and will work with SD or HDTv's. As long as your TV has the right ports (HDMI, Optical Out, or Component Out) it will work [ Charles Sep 07, 2017 ]
I am currently using this on abnormal HDTV not a 4K and it is working fine. Hope this information helps you. [ Scott Sep 07, 2017 ]
Yes, absolutely. I bought it a month ago and connected to an older plasma TV. Works great and will work with 4K when I am ready to upgrade my tv and other equipment [ Jeremy Sep 07, 2017 ]
It absolutely does. [ Jay Sep 07, 2017 ]
If TV has hdmi? It will work . [ michael Sep 07, 2017 ]
Absolutely. My TV isn't 4K. Zero complaints with this receiver. [ Dave II Sep 07, 2017 ]
Yes..this will work on a non 4k tv. [ Danny Sep 07, 2017 ]
I have connected to Bose 5/1 surround sound and works fine ... [ michael Sep 07, 2017 ]
I only see connections for one set of speakers. [ Robert T. Aug 31, 2017 ]
Chuck, I have a fairly sophisticated a/v system that is the one I use for inside the house but I wanted a separate component to run three separate outdoor areas. I knew Denon is a quality product and I didn't need a receiver with tons of power or many fancy features so I bought this model. I solved the problem with a speaker switcher box I had from a previous system but you can buy one new with anywhere from two or three or even up to several speaker outputs. Simply run the speaker output from the Denon to the switcher and run as many sets of remote speakers as you want. I ran an output from my Oppo disc player to the Denon and it also has a great Bluetooth input so I can also play Pandora or any other source from my IPhone. Let me know if you need more Info and hopefully this helps. William V., St. Augustine FL. [ Beverly Aug 31, 2017 ]
No EQ, but it does have a crossover. [ Terry Jan 15, 2018 ]
No; but I use a separate EQ component [ Michael Aug 02, 2017 ]
I am not able to answer this since I had to send it back because it did not fit my needs. You might contact the technical support group. [ Kathy Aug 01, 2017 ]
There is a Subwoofer on/off control and a Tone adjustment control which has adjustment for Bass and Treble but there is no equalizer to do frequency adjustment. [ Tirumalaimuttu Jul 31, 2017 ]
1 answer I just bought a Sony Bravia xbr55900e, and tried hooking my Xbox one s through it. I get no picture when hooking the Xbox through the receiver to a hdcp 2.2 port, but when I bypass the receiver I do get a picture. Am I doing something wrong if all the ports are connected correctly in the chain? The tv outputs optical audio at 5.1, but it would be easier if my ps4 and Xbox were both connected on 1 input on the tv. Any help would be appreciated since I bought this receiver after reading it would be compatible with the Xbox one s and 4k hdcp compliant. [ Jonathan Jul 20, 2017 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer, or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny Jul 21, 2017 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the connections on the product. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer, or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny Jul 04, 2017 ] Staff
1 answer My 2-year old Denon just went south-but I don't blame Denon, it just plain happens. I passed on a cheap warranty and learned my lesson! I want to replace it with a similar model ($2-300 range), but what REALLY irked me when I bought it was although "yes" was checked in the included gadget list - and I got an Infra-flippin-red (IR), it really made me think Denon was scraping the bottom by doing that. SO Denon, have you advanced with the times and use only RF (Radio Freq) remotes now? If you've not caught on by now, it's going to be a deal breaker for me. I put all my h/w in air-cooled CABINETS and I'll be glad to not have to leave a door open, and twist myself to get that "right" aim! So, kindly direct me towards a Denon that's both affordable, and is more with the times RF-wise... Thank you, Ken K. [ Ken Jul 03, 2017 ]
The Denon receiver models all come with an IR (infrared) remote control in the box. However, if you want to control the receiver behind closed doors you can download the (free) 500 Series Denon Remote app and control the AVR-S530BT receiver from your Android (OS 4.0+) or (Apple iOS 8.0+) device via Bluetooth. For more details or to discuss further, please feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000) or online chat. Thanks! [ Larry Jul 08, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Kenny Jun 30, 2017 ] Staff