iPod®-to-RCA/3.5mm audio connection and charging cable
Item # 120IP35RCA | MFR # AIP-35-RCA
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Metra AIP-35-RCA by Crutchfield's Dave Delamere
Metra's AIP-35-RCA iPod cable connects your iPod or iPhone® to any factory or aftermarket car stereo with an auxiliary input. First, you hardwire the cable's power and ground leads to provide charging capability for your Apple® device. Next, plug the adapter's dock connector to your iPod, then connect to your car stereo's auxiliary input with either the RCA or 3.5mm connector. You can enjoy your favorite music on the go and keep your iPod charged as you drive.
Note: The AIP-35-RCA cable does not provide iPod control or display information through your car's receiver. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod/iPhone model compatibility with this adapter.
- provides charging and audio connection between iPod or iPhone and car receivers with RCA and/or auxiliary inputs
- includes 50" cable with dock connector and male RCA and 3.5mm outputs, plus power and ground leads
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 50" Audio/charging interface cable for iPod (w/ a 30-pin dock connector/3.5mm minijack connector on one end and stereo RCA connectors/power leads on other end)
Great product and really easy to install. Works Great!
MikeD, Minneapolis, MN
Metra AIP-35-RCA Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA) converts an Apple iPod/iPhone dock connector to RCA level audio output for connection into any OEM (factory) or aftermarket in-dash head unit with an RCA or 3.5mm auxiliary input. The Metra Axxess AIP-35-RCA provides audio playback and charging of your iPod/iPhone. The AIP-35-RCA does not offer iPod control or information display through your factory or aftermarket head unit. Control and display of your iPod/iPhone will still be done through your iPod/iPhones's click-wheel or touch-screen and LCD screen.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA)) is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to the auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit (as of 5/14/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Connections: The Metra Axxess Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (AIP-35-RCA) features the following connections.
- Apple iPod Dock Connector: The AIP-35-RCA features an Apple 30-pin iPod dock connector which plugs into your compatible iPod.
- Aux Connectors: The AIP-35-RCA features a set of stereo RCA male connectors and a 3.5mm connector which plug into the stereo RCA or 3.5mm auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit.
- Power/Ground Leads: The AIP-35-RCA features a power (+12V switched) and ground lead that must be hardwired in order to supply power and charge your connected iPod.
Note: You may need to activate the Auxiliary Input function of your factory or aftermarket head unit in order for the AIP-35-RCA to be recognized.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
For details on fit or installation please contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to pull up your vehicle and give you the details on if this will fit and what you will need for an installation in your vehicle. [ Krissy Apr 23, 2014 ] Staff