Bluetooth® adapter cable for Shure SE earphones
Our take on the Shure RMCE-BT1 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
Connect this cable to your compatible Shure earphones, like the SE215 (pictured) to make them wireless Bluetooth headphones.
Go wireless — with your favorite Shure in-ears
Love your wired Shure earphones? Think you might love them more if they let you play music wirelessly? The RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth adapter cable can help. It connects the two detachable earpieces found in most of the Shure SE series — and turns them into wireless in-ear headphones.
This cable routes around your ears and out of your way. And it is compatible with any in-ear headphones that use an MMCX connection — so that also includes Westone headphones. Music streams wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth.
Since the cable is water-resistant, it can handle some rain or sweat from the gym. The cable's built-in mic land remote let you make or take calls without removing your headphones, adjust the volume, and toggle through your tunes.
- replacement cable adds wireless capability to Shure in-ear headphones
- works with Shure SE215, SE315, SE425, SE535, SE846 and most Westone in-ear headphones
- requires MMCX inputs on headphones
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- wraps around your ears for added security
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 8 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- voice prompts provide information on battery life, device connection, and caller ID
- built-in microphone for phone calls
- compatible with Siri®, Google Assistant, and other popular voice assistants
- in-line three-button remote for controlling music, calls, and volume
- IPX4-rated water-resistant
- clothing clip
- length: 30-1/2"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 30" Bluetooth wireless remote+mic accessory cable (for Shure SE headphones)
- Clothing clip
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and a Micro-B USB on the other end)
- Online registration card
- Limited Warranty
- Safety Precautions
Shure RMCE-BT1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Shure RMCE-BT1 Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable is an accessory for most Shure Sound Isolating earphones. This 30" cable features a Bluetooth receiver and rechargeable battery, plus a 3-button remote control and microphone. The cable can replace the supplied cable that comes with the Sound Isolating earphones, making them wireless.
Compatibility: The RMCE-BT1 is compatible with the Shure SE215, SE315, SE425, SE535, and SE846 Sound Isolating Earphones (sold separately). It has gold-plated MMCX connectors on each end for attaching the ear buds.
Bluetooth 4.1: With Bluetooth 4.1, you can wirelessly connect with most smartphones, tablets, or laptops from up to 30 feet (10 meters). The included clothing clip helps stabilize and secure the cable during any activity.
In-line Remote/Mic: The in-line 3-button remote and microphone lets you control your music playback, phone calls, and voice assistants (Siri, Google, etc.). The remote/mic works with both Apple iOS and Android devices. There are two outer buttons (+ and -), and a center button. The outer buttons are for raising and lowering the volume, and for skipping to the next or previous track. The center button can turn on/off the power, pair with the Bluetooth device, play/pause music, answer/end/reject a phone call, and activate your digital voice assistant.
Power Requirements: The Bluetooth Remote + Mic Cable is powered by a Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery. The battery provides up to 8 hours on a full charge, or 2 hours on a 15-minute quick charge. A Micro USB cable is provided for charging the battery.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
These should transform a great sounding pair of wired headphones into wireless headphones. Hopefully they will still sound great. I guess we'll see when they arrive. Until then the Jurys out. [ Kelvin Oct 08, 2018 ]