Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system - The best Bose® home theater system features omnidirectional OmniJewel® speakers for 360-degree sound
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system - Fits neatly into your TV setup and delivers true surround sound
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system - OmniJewel® center-channel speaker for spacious sound and clear dialogue
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system - OmniJewel® speakers provide 360 degrees of pure, powerful sound
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system - Handy front-panel connections and controls (including HDMI)
Item # 018LS650B | MFR # 761683-1110
$3,999.99 Earn up to 4,000 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
The premier home entertainment system from Bose®
The elegant Bose® Lifestyle® 650 system delivers full wraparound sound for your movies, shows, and music.
Want the best all-in-one surround sound system that Bose® has to offer? You're looking at it. The Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system features the company's most sophisticated slim-line speakers yet. Over 30 designers and engineers collaborated to create the tiny OmniJewel® speakers. These compact satellite speakers are crafted of milled aluminum, and each one projects detailed sound in an omnidirectional, 360-degree pattern. The result is more involving surround sound that will elevate movie nights and binge-watching to another level.
The wider, aluminum-coated center channel speaker has five built-in drivers to help spread out the sound and make dialogue easy to hear. A sleek, glass top media control console handles all your audio or video sources – including 4K Ultra HD content. Plus, the surround speakers and the powerful Acoustimass®bass module communicate wirelessly for flexible placement. (Both the rear speaker module and Acoustimass® module plug into AC outlets for power.)
Wireless multi-room audio — Bose-style
Bose® SoundTouch® technology gives you an easy first step into whole-house music. It lets you stream online music services like Pandora® and Spotify® over Wi-Fi®, along with your library of downloaded songs. Built-in Bluetooth® lets you pair your phone to listen to any app you choose. Expand your system into different rooms by adding other SoundTouch® speakers. A helpful mobile app guides you through setup step by step, and it lets you control your whole system with your phone or tablet. Six preset buttons on the included remote give you quick, easy access to your favorite albums, internet radio stations, or playlists.
Easy setup and sound tailored to your room
Bose® can take cutting-edge stuff and make it really simple to use. For example, you can just plug all of your audio/video sources into the Bose® Lifestyle® 650's media control console and let the built-in Unify® technology take over. There are six total HDMI inputs – all 4K-ready. The system sends all connected video sources to your TV via a single HDMI connection, with resolution up to 4K.
The company's ADAPTiQ® auto calibration optimizes the system's settings for your room's unique size, shape, and furnishings. I've see it in action several times in our training room, and always walk away impressed. It even works through extreme examples of sound-muddying resonance — Bose sometimes covers speaker with coffee cans! If ADAPTiQ® can make that sound clear, think of how precisely it can dial in the sound in your living room.
- rich, detailed 5.1 surround sound for movies, music, sports and video games
- media control console with aluminum cabinet and glass top panel
- four elegant, aluminum-coated OmniJewel® front/surround speakers produce 360 degrees of full, detailed sound
- surround speakers communicate wirelessly with the media control console (wireless module connects to AC outlet for power)
- four bases included
- wide center-channel speaker includes five drivers for spacious sound with clear dialogue
- sturdy aluminum housing
- wireless Acoustimass® module provides rich, full bass
- built-in SoundTouch® for wireless music
- Bose Unify® technology simplifies setup and control via simple on-screen menus
- ADAPTiQ® automatic speaker calibration adjusts to your unique room to give you the best sound
- QuietPort™ technology enhances bass response and lowers distortion
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
Bose® SoundTouch® Wireless Music Features:
- connects to your Wi-Fi home network
- free easy-to-use SoundTouch® control and setup app for smartphones, tablets, and computers
- supports MP3, WMA, AAC, and Apple lossless audio formats
- stream from online music services including Pandora, Amazon Music, Deezer Premium, and iHeartRadio for thousands of free internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect compatible (subscription required)
- expand your multi-room system with additional Bose® SoundTouch® speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- Bluetooth connections can be streamed to other SoundTouch® speakers
Connections and General Features:
- 6 HDMI inputs (5 rear, 1 front)
- HDMI output with Audio Return Channel capability for a single-cable connection to your compatible TV
- HDCP 2.2 technology for 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 2 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- Ethernet port for connection to a wired home network
- USB port (for software updates only)
- automatic video upconversion via HDMI delivers resolution up to near-4K Ultra HD
- IR repeater included
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- media control console: 16"W x 2-5/8"H x 11-3/8"D
- OmniJewel® center channel speaker: 21-3/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 1-7/8"D
- OmniJewel® speakers (front and surround): 1-7/8"W x 5-7/8"H x 1-7/8"D (each)
- Acoustimass® wireless bass module: 11-5/8"W x 12-7/8"H x 12-5/8"D
What's in the Box:
- Control console
- Acoustimass wireless bass module
- 5 OmniJewel satellite speakers
- Horizontal center speaker
- 2 Wireless receivers
- 4 Speaker bases
- AC power supply (attached 6' DC cord)
- Four 5' AC power cords
- Remote control
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ADAPTiQ headset
- 20' Center speaker cable
- 20' Front speaker cable
- Two 20' rear speaker cables
- 6.5' HDMI cable
- 5' Optical digital cable
- 6' IR emitter cable
- Cleaning cloth
- 4 Rubber feet
- 5 Self-adhesive pads
- Owner's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Information
- Bose Global Contact Information
Absolutely love the sound in this system.
Chad, Lakeville, MN
Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
OmniJewel Satellite Speakers: The Bose Lifestyle 650 features four newly designed OmniJewel satellite speakers; two vertical front speakers and two vertical wireless rear speakers. Each of these tiny speakers features a carefully milled aluminum housing with two acoustic enclosures for dual-opposing drivers. This is the key to creating the first omni-directional speaker from Bose for true 360° sound and a more spacious home theater experience. Screw terminals on the back of each speaker provide connection between the satellites and the control console using the included 20' proprietary speaker cable.
Horizontal Center Channel Speaker: The center channel speaker of the Lifestyle 650 system is wider than previous versions to match the sleekness of your flat-panel TV. It features five precision drivers inside a bass reflex enclosure that is coated in an anodized aluminum finish. A proprietary connector on the back provides connection between the center channel and the control console using the included 20' proprietary center speaker cable.
Wireless Rear Speakers: The front left/right satellite speakers and the center speaker need to be hard-wired to the Control Console (20' speaker cable included). However, the rear speakers connect wirelessly to the Control Console using the included wireless receivers. Thanks to the included wireless receivers, you will not need to run speaker wire from the surround speakers back to the Control Console. However, you will still need to run speaker wire from the surround speakers to the wireless receivers and plug the wireless receivers into AC outlets. The wireless receivers have a range of about 33' and connect via a proprietary 2.4GHz RF signal. Screw terminals on the back of each speaker provide connection between the surrounds and the wireless receivers using the included 20' proprietary speaker cable.
Wireless Acoustimass Module: The system's OmniJewel speakers work in concert with the included Acoustimass wireless bass module to deliver a fuller range of theater sound and effects. This newly designed Acoustimass bass module delivers a dynamic range of bass from a powerful 10" driver and generously sized port with QuietPort technology that virtually eliminates distortion. The wireless range between the Acoustimass bass module and the system's Control Console is approximately 10'. If you prefer a hardwired connection, the Acoustimass bass module can be wired to the console with a minijack (3.5mm) audio cable.
Note: An available firmware update lets you pair a second Acoustimass wireless bass module (sold separately).
ADAPTiQ Audio Calibration: The ADAPTiQ audio calibration system is a proprietary Bose technology that customizes the Lifestyle system's sound to the unique size, shape and furnishings of the room it's in to ensure it delivers a high-quality performance. To perform this audio calibration, you need about 10 minutes when the room is quiet. While wearing the special headset, the system will ask you to place yourself in five different locations (sitting or standing) in your listening area as the system takes measurements in each. Audio prompts from the system will guide you through the process.
Tone & Level Controls: The bass can be controlled with the bass button on the universal remote control or via the settings menu in the SoundTouch app. The bass, treble, center and surround levels can be adjusted through the universal remote control.
Mounting & Placement Options: The OmniJewel satellite speakers can be simply table-top mounted, or you can mount the speakers on wall-brackets, floor-stands, or table-stands (all sold separately). The Acoustimass wireless bass module is meant to be placed on the floor (not on a shelf or table).
- Place the front speakers equidistant to the left and the right of the TV.
- Place the center speaker on a stable and level surface directly above or below your TV, centered with the screen.
- Place the wireless rear speakers toward the back of the room just behind the listening area at ear height (when seated) or higher, if possible. You will need access to an AC power outlet for both speakers.
- For best sound quality, the Acoustimass wireless bass module should be placed on the floor against the same wall as the television and center channel, with an electrical outlet nearby for the power cord.
Control Console: All of the Bose Lifestyle 650 system's audio/video inputs and outputs are found on the included Control Console. The Control Console is outfitted with HDMI 2.0 connectivity, optical & coaxial digital inputs, analog inputs, Ethernet jack, headphone jack, and proprietary speaker outputs. It also features built-in WiFi and wireless transmitters for the Lifestyle system's rear speakers and Acoustimass bass module.
HDMI 2.0a: The Control Console is equipped with six HDMI inputs (5 rear/1 front) and one HDMI ARC monitor output. The system's HDMI jacks support the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications with 4K/60Hz pass-through, HDCP 2.2 compliance, & HDR video support.
- 4K Pass-Through: The Lifestyle 650 lets you maintain 4K quality from source to screen by allowing 4K video to "pass-through" and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this system the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal are also supported (there is no upscaling).
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the system's HDMI jacks. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players, 4K Satellite/Cable providers, and 4k online video services.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range Video): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
Note: The Lifestyle system does not offer analog video inputs and does not support upscaling of video.
Dolby Digital & DTS Compatible: The Lifestyle 650 supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, & Multichannel PCM audio via its HDMI inputs and output.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the Lifestyle 600 system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The Lifestyle 650's Control Console provides two Optical (Toslink) and two Coaxial (RCA) digital inputs. These digital inputs will support Dolby Digital, DTS, & 2Ch PCM audio.
Dual Analog Inputs: The Control Console is fitted with two stereo analog RCA audio inputs for connecting legacy devices.
Front-Panel Headphone/Aux Input: The Control Console's front-panel minijack (3.5mm) input can be used as a headphone jack (default) or Aux input.
Proprietary Speaker Outputs: The Control Console features proprietary speaker outputs for the center and front speakers, while the included wireless receivers provide proprietary speaker outputs for the rear speakers. 20' proprietary speaker cables are provided for all speakers.
SoundTouch Wireless Audio: The Lifestyle 650 is part of the Bose SoundTouch wireless music ecosystem which allows you to play music throughout your home. The SoundTouch ecosystem is able to stream music wirelessly throughout your house over your home's WiFi network; it even works with your Bluetooth devices. With SoundTouch, you can stream Internet radio, select music services, and your music library throughout your home. A free Bose app transforms your Apple iOS or Android mobile device into the system's remote control.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Bose Lifestyle 650 system offers a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection to your home network. The Lifestyle 650 features an Ethernet R-J45 port and built-in WiFi (802.11 b/g/n; 2.4/5.0GHz). The Lifestyle 650's network connection can be setup initially from the SoundTouch Controller App on your Apple iOS (7.0+) device or Android (4.1+) smartphone/tablet.
SoundTouch Controller App: The Bose SoundTouch Controller app is required for initial setup and control of the Bose SoundTouch music system. The Bose SoundTouch Controller app can be downloaded on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, or Mac computer. Now you'll be able to setup and control the SoundTouch system from your Apple iOS or Android device, or from your Windows or Mac computer. Once initial setup is complete, you can use this app to explore Internet radio, select online music services, or browse your music library from your home network and computer for playback on the Bose SoundTouch speaker system.
- For Apple iOS or Android: You can download the free SoundTouch Controller app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play Store) onto your Apple iOS (iOS 7.0+) or Android (4.1+) device so you can setup and control the Bose system from your mobile device.
- For Windows PC or Mac Computer: The SoundTouch Controller app for Windows & Mac lets you setup and control the Bose SoundTouch system from your Windows PC (XP /7/8) or Mac computer (OS X 10.6.8+). Simply install the SoundTouch app onto your Windows PC or Mac computer.
Variety Of Music Sources: The Bose SoundTouch wireless audio system supports a variety of music options; including Internet Radio, select online music services, music files stored on your computer, as well as stored music & music apps on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Internet Radio & Online Music: The SoundTouch wireless system lets you play Internet radio stations from around the world. You also get access to the Pandora, Spotify Connect, iHeart Radio, and Deezer (coming soon) online music services. More music services will be added in the future.
- Music Stored On Your Computer: The SoundTouch system can play back MP3, WMA, AAC. and ALAC music files that are managed by iTunes or Windows Media Player on your Windows or Mac computer. You computer must be connected to the same wired or wireless home network as the SoundTouch system.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: With built-in Bluetooth, the SoundTouch system wirelessly plays back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth compatible device. You can pair up to eight devices (via SSP or NFC) with one actively connected.
Multiroom Audio: For most home networks, you can link up to four SoundTouch music systems together for a multi-room/multi-source audio experience. For more than four rooms, Bose recommends using Ethernet wired connections to some of the SoundTouch systems. You are able to play the same music source or different music source on each SoundTouch system, using the SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS/Android device or Windows/Mac computer. Multiroom audio sources include the following -
- Internet radio & online music sources
- Music stored on your computer
- Bluetooth source devices
- Analog Aux inputs (an available firmware update required)
Note: HDMI inputs, as well as optical & coaxial digital inputs do not support multiroom audio.
Six Presets: You can personalize six presets to your favorite streaming music services and Internet radio stations, or playlists, artists, albums, and songs from your computer's music library. The presets can easily be set, changed, and accessed directly with the included remote control or the free SoundTouch app on your Apple iOS iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, or Windows/Mac computer. You cannot set presets to a Bluetooth or AV connected source.
Alexa Skill (via Firmware Update): The new Bose Skill for Amazon Alexa is available through a free network firmware update and is enabled through the Skills section of the Amazon Alexa companion app on your Apple iOS or Android device. The update enables you to control certain elements of the SoundTouch experience through Alexa by speaking to an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, Echo Show, or other Alexa-enabled device. Simply say "Alexa, ask Bose to...". Voice control functions include-
- Play music set to a SoundTouch preset.
- Play content in a specific room.
- Play the same music on all SoundTouch devices (everywhere).
- Find out what's playing.
- Play/pause/resume and skip tracks.
- Adjust volume.
- Turn on/off.
RF Remote: The Bose Lifestyle 650 system's advanced RF (radio frequency) remote control works from practically anywhere in your room (up to 33') without requiring you to aim the remote at the Control Console.
- LCD Screen: The remote control's LCD screen guides you through your sources and system settings. A power saver mode conserves battery life by dimming the brightness of the remote control's LCD and adjusting the duration that the display remains actively lit.
- Glow Button: Pressing the glow button on the rear of the remote illuminates the remote's buttons and display. The light turns off automatically after several seconds to pro long battery life.
- IR Emitter: The remote control also offers IR commands using the included IR emitter cable to control up to three connected IR devices.
Unify Technology: Unify Intelligent Integration System uses on-screen navigation to simplify system setup & everyday use. This proprietary technology walks you through setup, showing the right inputs & best connection options, & even verifies you've done it correctly. Clear, on-screen menus provide all the information you need for your connected sources. The Unify system is available at any time to help you connect and/or disconnect your entertainment sources and even program the remote.
- System Setup: Once an HDMI video connection is made between the Lifestyle 650's Control Console and your TV, the Unify system walks you through initial system setup, step-by-step. As you're connecting components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via on-screen messages. It even confirms that the connection was made properly.
- Auto Input: Each device is then automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find the right source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it will be shown as "Blu-ray" in the on-screen menu. This makes it easy & intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system.
- Remote Programming: The system's Unify technology simplifies programming the Bose remote to control the Lifestyle system and your components attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC allows you to easily manage and operate the Lifestyle system along with an HDMI-CEC compatible TV, Blu-ray player, satellite receiver, and cable box with a single remote; when all components are connected via HDMI. HDMI-CEC is supported by all the system's rear-panel HDMI inputs, but not the front-panel HDMI input.
USB Port (Service Only): The system's USB-a port is for service only. The USB-A port is not designed to playback or charge smartphones, tablets, thumbdrives, or other similar devices.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
install in new home [ Michelle Aug 05, 2018 ]
Sounds amazing at the demo store. Small form factor! [ S May 30, 2017 ]
Because it's awesome!!!! [ Stephen May 22, 2017 ]
Have always heard good things about Bose. Was a bit of work to hook up, but just don't be in a rush. Works super great sound, wireless is nice feature for rear channel. [ John May 14, 2017 ]
Always wanted a top of the line Bose!! [ Jeffrey Oct 24, 2017 ]
Performance, Style, Color [ Allan Jul 18, 2017 ]
11 questions already asked
I think you mean Dolby Atmos and, no; the Bose Lifestyle 650 does not support Atmos. [ Ryan Aug 21, 2017 ] Staff
No, you cannot connect additional wireless powered subwoofers to the Lifestyle 650 system. [ Ryan Aug 11, 2017 ] Staff
Yes and no. I bought a Samsung UHD BlueRay player which is one of the inputs to the system. In addition to UHD BlueRay, it plays DVD, RWDVD, and CD's. So, I can play music CD's with that player through to Bose. [ Richard Aug 09, 2017 ]
1 answer I am contemplating this system to replace my Yamaha which has always lacked enough HDMI plugins and of course wireless speakers. However I do not want to get into another system that has compatibility problems. I really need to know if the remote can do everything my Uverse remote can without having to have multiple controllers? Thanks. [ Dennis Mar 07, 2017 ]
The Bose Lifestyle 650 home theater system features Unify Intelligent Integration technology which greatly simplifies programming the Bose remote to control the Lifestyle system and components attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected component, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it. If you would like to discuss further, feel free to contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Larry Mar 16, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. Only the two rear speakers and the Acoustimass bass module are wireless. They will still need to plugged into an AC outlet for power. Everything else will be wired. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Feb 15, 2017 ] Staff
At this time we don't have an option where you can get the Bose Lifestyle 650 system with white speakers and the black receiver/amp. You may be able to special order that through Bose though--you can contact Bose's customer support at 800-999-2673 for further information. Hope that helps! [ Larry Feb 01, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. The box dimensions are 28.5 x 15.7 x 22.7 and shipping weight is 68 pounds. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Jan 16, 2017 ] Staff
The manufacturer's package measures: 28.5" x 15.7" x 22.7" and has a shipping weight of 68lbs. I hope that helps. My Bio; https://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jan 26, 2017 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Kenny Jan 16, 2017 ] Staff
The rear speakers in the Bose Lifestyle 650 system connect wirelessly to the Control Console using the included wireless receivers, simplifying the installation & connections. You will still need to run speaker wire from the surround speakers to the wireless receivers and plug the wireless receivers into AC outlets; but I'm afraid there's no way to hard wire the rear speakers directly to the Bose Console. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Larry Jan 24, 2017 ] Staff
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Dec 26, 2016 ] Staff