Powered Bluetooth® speaker (Black)
Item # 972STNMREB | MFR # 04091627
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Marshall Stanmore by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Old school analog control knobs
Vintage looks, modern sound
Marshall built the Stanmore to resemble their guitar amps — and the resemblance goes beyond just looks. This powered speaker delivers solid, no-nonsense sound that remains clear and undistorted even at maximum volume. And it features a top-mounted brushed-brass control panel with three smooth-motion knobs and a sturdy power switch that are classic Marshall.
Connections, old and new
The Stanmore has a stereo minijack input for your portables. But this is Marshall. So you also get a stereo minijack cable that looks like a vintage guitar coiled cable. Into vinyl? The Stanmore also has stereo RCA connectors so you can hook up your turntable with built-in stereo preamp, or other audio component.
Quality sound and build
The system has built-in Bluetooth with high-performance aptX® audio coding, which lets you stream near-CD quality sound from compatible portable devices. And of course the Stanmore works with regular Bluetooth, for use with all smartphones and tablets.
Inside the Stanmore's sturdy case are two 3/4” dome tweeters and a brawny 5-1/4” woofer. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier, ensuring clarity and rich details in your music.
- Bluetooth with aptX audio coding for high-fidelity streaming from compatible devices
- analog volume, bass and treble control knobs
- two 3/4" dome tweeters, one 5-1/4" woofer, each with a Class D amplifier
- total system power 80W (20W x 2 plus 40W for woofer)
- RCA stereo input
- stereo minijack input with included coiled minijack cable
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 14-1/8"W x 7-1/4"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 11.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- 18" Stereo minijack cable
- User Manual
Setup a snap, connectivity always fast, looks great and sounds awesome.
Lance, Charlottesville, VA
Marshall Stanmore Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Classic Marshall Design: The Stanmore features a classic Marshall design, with a vintage-looking front fret, gold-colored metal details, and the iconic script "Marshall" logo.
Two-Way Stereo Speaker: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker houses two 0.75" dome tweeters and one 5.25" woofer, powered by a 3-channel Class D amplifier rated at 20W x 2ch + 40W x 1ch. Built with advanced components that deliver an accurate response throughout the frequency range, the Stanmore packs a punch without compromising the details. The sound is rich and articulate across the entire spectrum, from the deep and powerful bass, throughout the midrange and onto the highest highs. The overall effect is brilliantly reproduced music, full of energy and drive.
Bass Port: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker features a Bass Reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for higher efficiency and deeper bass response.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Marshall Stanmore features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.0+EDR) with support for wireless music streaming (A2DP), CD-quality sound (aptX), and multi-device pairing (SSP). The Stanmore can be paired with a variety of Bluetooth-enable devices; including Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, and more. The Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 33'.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker. Playback control, search functions, and song/artist information will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device.
- aptX Codec: In addition to the standard Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Stanmore supports the high-quality aptX codec from devices like Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones & tablets. With aptX you can enjoy wireless "CD-like" quality sound.
- Multi-Device SSP: Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) allows devices to be paired without entering PIN codes. The Stanmore remembers the last 6 paired devices and connects automatically to the last paired device when turned on again.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marshall Stanmore.
Analog Inputs: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Stanmore is outfitted with analog inputs for a wired connection.
- Aux Input: The Stanmore is fitted with a top-panel stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting practically any portable audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
- Stereo RCA Input: There is a stereo RCA input on the back-panel for connecting an external audio device, like a CD player. If you want to connect a turntable, you will need a turntable with a built-in phono preamp or an external phono preamp (sold separately).
Top-Panel Controls: Volume (0-10), Bass (-12 to +6dB @ 180Hz), & Treble (-12 to +6dB @ 3kHz) can be adjusted quickly and easily with the analog control knobs located on the top-panel of the speaker, allowing you fine tune the speaker system to your personal preference. There are also Source/Wake & Pair push-button controls, as well as an On/Off toggle switch.
AC Power: The Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth speaker operates off of standard household current via its internal AC power supply and detachable 6' AC power cord.
Note: This unit is not battery powered.
Auto Standby: The Bluetooth speaker automatically turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Best sounding home bluetooth hifi speaker. Fantastic clarity and base response even at low volume. No distortion at higher volumes detected. Classy retro appeal. High end control components-volume, bass, treble pots and on-off toggle switch. Pairing with a Denon DCD 50SP cd player. Ted R Sr., Pasadena, CA [ TEODORICO Aug 01, 2017 ]
Great sound and good looks! [ Georgina Dec 14, 2016 ]
Actually, I had been looking for a Bluetooth speaker and the Salesman at Best Buy couldn't say enough good things about this Marshall product. That was 6 months ago. They no longer carry them at Best Buy. My Beau said you can probably get a deal on Crutchfield. I was happy to see the speaker I like at $70 off. Sold to the indecisive girl and in a vintage brown that was an unexpected surprise! Merry Christmas to me. Thank you~ [ Claudine Dec 12, 2016 ]
Good reviews and color goes with furniture [ John Jul 24, 2016 ]
2 questions already asked
I think that with an auxiliary or line output from the receiver it would work. There is no phono input so you would need a phono preamp with a line or aux output for the Marshall. [ CHARLES Jul 06, 2017 ]
The Stanmore has several inputs, and hooks up via bluetooth, so it could hook to a record player or receiver if those have the specific inputs the Stanmore has. *Goes and checks* It has Bluetooth, and two different types of speaker connections. [ John T. Jul 03, 2017 ]
If you have a optical input or an analog ( red and white input) the answer is yes. [ GREGORY Jul 03, 2017 ]
Marshall built their Stanmore Bluetooth speaker to resemble their guitar amps, but this is solely a Bluetooth audio speaker system and wouldn't handle connecting a guitar directly. I hope that helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=159 [ Larry May 18, 2016 ] Staff