TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Starter Kit
Our take on the TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Starter Kit by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Extend internet access using your home's existing wiring
At my place, the modem and router are in the middle of the living space, with TV, gaming console, and Sonos bridge hard-wired, and a nice sphere of Wi-Fi® for wireless devices. When you go into the back bedroom and close the door, however, access becomes spotty. The TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Starter Kit uses your home's existing electrical wiring to solve that kind of problem.
Plug a module into a wall socket, wire it to your router, and extend your internet access from there. Each module has two Gigabit Ethernet ports for hardwiring more devices so you can surf the 'net when you're far away from the hubbub of the family room. MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology with beamforming gives multiple devices a fast connection to your network via the Powerline system.
Oh, and one more neat little trick: there's an integrated power socket on each module, so you can still use the wall outlet where you plug it in.
- 2000 Mbps Ethernet-over-powerline kit with two modules
- MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) technology with beamforming allows multiple fast connections simultaneously
- supports HomePlug AV2 protocol
- dual Gigabit Ethernet ports on each module
- extend your high-speed network access from one room to another
- Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- ideal for 4K HD streaming and lag-free gaming
- integrated power socket on each module so you can still use the wall outlet
- security: 128-bit AES Encryption
- two 6-1/2 foot Ethernet cables included
- 2-7/8"W x 5-1/4"H x 1-3/4"D (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Powerline adapters
- Two 6.5' Ethernet cables
- Quick Installation Guide
Works fine. You don't get the full speed of your internet service.
Anonymous, Redding, CA
TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Starter Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Powerline Starter Kit: The TP-Link TL-PA9020p Powerline Starter Kit is a network expansion device which helps you extend Internet access throughout your home through your home's existing electrical wiring. The TL-PA902p lets you enjoy higher powerline speeds, greater stability, and improved network coverage (up to 1,000' over electrical circuit) throughout the home.
- Up to sixteen TL-PA902P devices can be connected on the same electrical wiring system and network.
- The TL-PA9020P Kit can be used in conjunction with other AV2000, AV1200, AV1000, AV600, AV500, & AV200 powerline adapters.
Simple Installation: The TP-Link TL-PA9020p Powerline Starter Kit consists of two powerline adapters. First, you hook up one of the adapters to your existing router via Ethernet and plug the adapter into a AC wall outlet. Then, plug the second adapter into an AC wall outlet in the area where you will be using your network device and connect the device to the powerline adapter via Ethernet. The powerline adapters' LEDs will turn on when the two adapters are synced and ready to use.
- Both powerline adapters need to be on the same electrical panel and same electrical circuit.
- Make sure to plug the powerline adapters directly into a wall socket. Do not plug the adapters into a power strip, extension cord, or surge protector.
- Avoid plugging the powerline adapters near appliances that consume a lot of power - such as washers, dryers, or refrigerators.
Secure Pairing: A secure powerline network is necessary if you live in an apartment building where multiple households share the same electrical wiring system. To prevent leaking your network to others living on the same building, the TP-Link TL-PA902p comes with a Pair button that helps create secure powerline connections between the two adapters.
2x2 Mimo + Beamforming Technology: 222 MIMO establishes multiple simultaneous connection for you to enjoy higher speed (sup to 2000 Mbps) and greater stability. 222 MIMO with Beamforming Technology also offers the benefit of improved coverage throughout the home, particularly for previously hard to reach outlets.
- Supports IEE 1901, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, and IEEE 802.3ab.\
- Use 128-bit AES encryption for security
Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports: Two Gigabit Ethernet ports provide connection to your wired devices - such as your router, Smart TV, game system, computer, etc. Two 6.5' Ethernet cables are provided.
Integrated Power Sockets: The integrated power socket (100V-240V~50/60Hz) on each device means that you can still get power from the outlets used for TL-PA9020P Kit for your other devices. Simply plug your devices into the integrated sockets the same way you would with a normal wall outlet. The built-in noise filter also helps to eliminate electrical signal noise that might otherwise affect powerline transmission performance.
tpPLC Utility Software: The tpPLC Utility is a computer software used to view and manage TP-Link powerline adapters. The tpPLC Utility shows you a vivid and intuitive powerline network, and it also enables you to conveniently manage an individual powerline adapter, as well as manage the whole powerline network.
Note: The tpPLC Utility software is available from the TP-Link Download Center. Its compatible with Windows and Mac.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Needed it for my spotty network. Bought it from Crutchfield because they have great customer service!! [ John Jul 17, 2018 ]