Denon AVR-X7200WA IN-Command
9.2-channel home theater receiver with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, Apple® AirPlay®, and Dolby Atmos®
Our take on the Denon AVR-X7200WA IN-Command by Crutchfield's David Brown
Satisfy your craving for exceptional home theater
Movies and music aren't just background noise or ways to pass the time. They're a passion for us. And when you experience them in a home theater powered by the Denon AVR-X7200WA, you'll understand everything there is to be passionate about. The flagship receiver in Denon's fleet helps you get the most out of audio and video sources, with wall-shaking power, high-performance processing, and the latest surround formats, including Dolby Atmos®. If you're looking to squeeze every last bit of excellence out of movies and music, this rock-solid receiver is up to the task.
Every component inside the 'X7200WA is designed and placed to deliver stunning picture and sound quality in your home theater.
Dolby Atmos and DTS: X™ add a new dimension to sound
Dolby's latest surround sound technology was designed to bring a new level of immersion to your home theater. By employing in-ceiling speakers or special Atmos enabled upward-firing speakers that reflect sound off your ceiling, Dolby Atmos offers a greater sense of space for sound that's more three-dimensional. Already at work in film production studios and many movie theaters, Dolby Atmos represents a huge step in putting more "theater" into your home theater.
The AVR-X7200WA lets you add as many as four overhead or up-firing speakers (sometimes called "height" or "top" speakers) to a conventional surround-sound system. For instance, adding four height speakers to a 5.1-channel setup is referred to as a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos setup. Here's a breakdown of all the Dolby Atmos speaker configurations this receiver supports:
- 7.1.2 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.4 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers
- 5.1.2 - five conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and two overhead or height speakers
- 7.1.4 - seven conventional surround speakers, one powered subwoofer, and four overhead or height speakers (requires an external stereo power amp)
You can use one or two subwoofers with any of these configurations.
With a firmware update, this receiver also supports DTS:X surround sound, a new format which uses object-based processing similar to Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers for immersive home theater.
Wireless versatility for all your digital tunes
With all the various devices we use to play music these days, the hardest part can be playing them all through our home theater speakers. The AVR-X7200WA takes the mystery out of this process. Have a networked computer or music server? Built-in Wi-Fi along with DLNA compatibility will place your entire collection at your fingertips. Have a tablet and smartphone? If it's an Apple® device, AirPlay has you covered. If it's Android™ or another platform, built-in Bluetooth will do the trick. Are you a subscriber to Spotify's premium service? Access their entire library through the Spotify app and play it all back with this receiver. Plus, there's Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams all accessible using this receiver on its own.
Due to changes implemented by Pandora, this receiver is temporarily unable to connect to the Pandora service. A firmware update to resolve this issue will be released on 10/21/2016.
Multi-zone audio/video playback
The free Denon Remote App turns your Apple or Android smartphone into a powerful Wi-Fi remote.
The 'X7200WA's nine-channel amplifier offers impressive multi-room versatility. You can play music from three different sources in up to three rooms at the same time. Its powerful processing allows you to select from digital or analog sources for stereo playback across three different zones, including HDMI sources in Zones 1 and 2. The Zone 2 HDMI output is great for watching different content on different TVs at the same time. There's also a third HDMI output for use in your main zone — ideal for connecting both a TV and a projector.
Audyssey's "Platinum" speaker calibration system
All home theater receivers have some form of automatic speaker calibration to ensure the best sound for your setup and room. The AVR-X7200WA takes this a few steps further with Audyssey's Platinum suite of features. In addition to its advanced MultEQ® XT32 calibration, you also get DSX® capability for use with front wide or height speakers. Audyssey's Dynamic EQ and Volume features help your system perform better at lower volume levels and minimize large volume fluctuations while watching TV or movies. And if you're connecting two powered subwoofers, Sub EQ HT can optimize bass response by calibrating each sub independently for balanced low-frequency sound throughout the room.
Control it with your smartphone or tablet
Denon's free Remote App can turn your smartphone or tablet into a powerful Wi-Fi remote control. Download it on your Apple or Android device and use it to change sources, adjust the volume, control music in multiple zones, and listen to Internet and network music sources.
Home automation capabilities
Like all of Denon's IN-Command receivers, the AVR-X7200WA offers useful home automation features. You can set up and operate the receiver with a computer over a wired or wireless home network via IP control. There's an infrared input on the rear panel, for use with external remotes and control systems. And the AVR-X7200WA is certified for use with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
Power and Processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; compatible with 7-, 9-, or 11-channel setups (11 channels requires an external stereo power amp)
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage (available via firmware update)
- Auro-3D® ready decoder for creating three-dimensional soundfields with Auro-3D soundtrack mixes and a 10.1-channel speaker configuration (requires $199 firmware upgrade for activation; see more information)
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- MultEQ® XT32 advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions (expandable to 32 with a professional installer)
- DSX® (Dynamic Surround Expansion) optimizes "front height" or "front width" speakers to create a larger soundstage with more engaging surround effects
- Dynamic Volume anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels even
- Dynamic EQ improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even bass response throughout the room
- Low Frequency Containment reduces the amount of bass that bleeds into other rooms
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- firmware update needed to connect to Pandora: available 10/21/2016
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA and Windows® 8 certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device's digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- three-room/three-source output
- powered stereo outputs for second and third rooms allow playback in three rooms at once
- amp assign feature lets you reassign extra surround channels to second and third zones
- line-level outputs for Zones 2 and 3 for use with additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers
- independent HDMI outputs for watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- supports 2nd/3rd zone playback of digital sources (audio from HDMI sources is limited to Zones 1 and 2)
- component and composite video outputs can be assigned to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- 32-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converters for all channels for outstanding high-resolution multichannel sound
- monoblock design separates circuitry for the left and right channels
- Denon custom-made high current transistors and power transformer offer robust power and clean sound
- bi-amp compatible front left and right speakers by reassigning Wide/Height channels
- HDMI 2.0a audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out (Zone 2)
- composite video switching: 5 in, 2 out (includes 1 front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 7 analog stereo audio inputs (includes 1 pair of front-panel inputs)
- phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs for connecting a high-performance Blu-ray player with multichannel analog outputs
- 13.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives and an iPod or iPhone
- Denon Link HD creates a jitter-free connection to compatible Denon Blu-ray players; requires HDMI connection and proprietary Denon Link RCA-style cable
- Ethernet port for network connection
- outputs for 11 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R)
- receiver can only power 9 channels at once
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out and 12-volt triggers
- 1/4" headphone jack
- removable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Denon Remote app lets you use your Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- support for third-party control systems by Control4 and Crestron for home automation
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- built-in HD Radio™ tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-1/8"W x 7-11/16"H x 18-1/16"D
- weight: 37.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 9.2ch A/V receiver
- 5.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-1194)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Auto calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- 2 External WiFi/Bluetooth antenna
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes on radio
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration Card
- Mic Stand Instructions
- Color-Coded Labels
- Extended Protection Plan Offer
Great AV...Great service
Ron, Oroville, WA
Denon AVR-X7200WA IN-Command Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
Discrete Amplification: The Denon AVR-X7200WA is built to last and delivers audiophile-type sound thanks to its monolithic amplifier construction. The Denon AVR-X7200WA AV receiver features a powerful Class AB power amplifier section equipped with discrete custom-made high current power transistors (D.H.C.T) for high current capability. This discrete, monolithic amplifier design delivers optimum realism and stunning dynamic range. By using high current, high power discrete power devices and a monolithic amplifier layout, the Denon AV receiver is able to easily drive high quality speakers. The AV receiver's 9-channel Class AB amplifier is rated at 150-watts (into 8-ohms, at 20-20kHz, with 0.05% THD, driving 2 channels).
Amplifier Assignment: The AVR-X7200WA's nine discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- 11.1Ch: Assigns all nine internal amplifiers to the receiver's main zone and also requires a 2ch external amplifier for 11.1ch playback. The receiver's internal amplifiers can be assigned to power the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back speaker, with the option to power either the Front Height or Front Wide speakers. You will then use the receiver's preouts to power Front or Wide speakers with an external amplifier.
- 9.1Ch: Assigns all power amplifiers within the receiver for the Main Zone. The receiver's internal amplifiers can be assigned to power the Front, Center, Surround, and Surround Back speaker, with the option to power either the Front Height or Front Wide speakers.
- 9.1Ch + 2Ch Front: Assigns all amplifiers within the receiver to the Main Zone for 9.1ch playback with Surround Back, and Front Height or Front Wide speakers). You'll also be able to connect a second pair of front speakers that are different from the ones being used during multi-channel playback for playback of 2ch audio. The receiver will automatically switch the internal power amplifier between your multichannel front speakers and your stereo front speakers when listening to surround sound or 2ch stereo.
- 7.1Ch + Zone 2 or Zone 3: The nine amplifier channels of the receiver are assigned to power a 7.1ch speaker system in the main zone and stereo speakers in Zone 2 or Zone 3 (but not both). The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to power Zone 2 or Zone 3.
- 7.1Ch + Zone 2/3 (Mono): Assigns seven of the amplifier channels of the AV receiver for 7.1ch playback in the main zone and one amplifier each to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for mono audio in each zone. The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to power Zone 2 and Zone 3.
- 7.1Ch Bi-Amp: Assigns all nine amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped. The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels can be assigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- 7.1ch + 2Ch Front (Bi-amp): Assigns seven amplifiers within the receiver to the Main Zone for 7.1ch playback with Surround Back speakers. You can also bi-amp a second pair of front speakers that are different from the ones being used during multi-channel playback for playback of 2ch audio. The receiver will automatically switch the internal power amplifier between your multichannel front speakers and your stereo b-amped front speakers when listening to surround sound or 2ch stereo. Front Height and Front Wide speakers are not available.
- 7.1Ch + Front B: Assigns seven amplifier channels of the receiver to the Main Zone for up to 7.1ch playback and two amplifier channels to power another pair of speakers, often called "Speaker B". The 7.1ch speaker system will consist of Front, Center, Surround, and the option for either Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide speakers. Based on your 7.1ch speaker setup, either the Surround Back, Front Height, or Front Wide amplifier channels will be assigned to power the Front B speakers.
- 5.1ch + Zone 2/Zone 3 (Stereo): Assigns five amplifier channels to the main zone for 5.1ch playback and four amplifiers to Zone 2 and Zone 3 for stereo playback in each zone. The 5.1ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. Surround Back, Front Height, and Front Wide speakers are not available in this mode.
- 5.1Ch Bi-Amp + Zone 2: Assigns seven amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped with two amplifier channels assigned to Zone 2. The 5.1ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. Surround Back, Front Height, and Front Wide speakers are not available in this mode.
- Dolby Atmos: Assigns all internal amplifiers of this receiver for the speaker layout suitable for Dolby Atmos playback. Choose from 5.2ch + 2 Height (5 floor speakers/two ceiling speakers) 5.2ch + 4 Height (5 floor speakers/4 ceiling speakers), 7.2ch + 2ch (7 floor speakers/2 ceiling speakers), or 7.2ch + 4 Height (7 floor speakers/4 ceiling speakers; requires 2ch external amp).
Advanced 32-Bit Processing: The Denon AVR-X7200WA AV receiver employs 32-Bit DSP processing, 32-Bit D/A conversion, and AL32 multichannel processing for amazing "audiophile" sound.
- D.D.S.C (Dynamic Discrete Surround Circuit) HD 32-Bit DSP: The AVR-X7200WA features an advanced DSP processing block with four 32-bit floating point DSP processors working in concert and which have a combined processing power of over 10 billion computational operations per second. These powerful DSP processors provide simultaneous surround decoding and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room acoustic correction and other DSP functions all operating at the same time.
- 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion the AVR-X7200WA features advanced reference-class AK4490 32-bit D/A converters on all channels, including the subwoofer outputs. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
- AL32 Multichannel Processing: Denon's exclusive AL32 Multi Channel processing provides ultra high resolution digital audio filtering along with precision noise shaping on all of the audio channels to deliver shimmering detail in the highs, along with smooth natural midrange and a broad soundstage with improved imaging.
Clock Jitter Reducer w/ Denon Link: The AVR-X7200WA is equipped with a "Clock Jitter Reducer" that is capable of reducing jitter and phase noise that negatively affect sound quality. The "Clock Jitter Reducer" provided with this unit improves the sound localization, reproducing a natural sound field that is closer to the original soundtrack. The AVR-X7200WA also incorporates Denon Link HD, Denon's proprietary jitter-free audio transmission technology, which is designed to work with Denon's DBT-3313CI Universal Blu-ray Player (033DBT3313, sold separately).
Multi-Channel Decoding Formats: The Denon AVR-X7200WA AV receiver supports the following multi-channel (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic decoding formats.
- Dolby Digital: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
- DTS: DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo: 6, DTS Neo:X
- Dolby Pro Logic: Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Note: Dolby Digital and DTS listening modes can only be selected if your audio source is connected to the AV receiver via a digital audio connection (HDMI, optical, or coaxial). To enjoy true 7.1ch Dolby Digital TrueHD and DTS-HD surround sound, the receiver must be connected to your Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Denon AVX-7200WA AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, DTS:X, Neural:X, and AURO-3D.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. TheAVR-X7200WA has the processing power to run a more enveloping 7ch or 9ch Dolby Atmos layout using 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2, or 7.2.4* configurations utilizing ceiling mounted, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers (sold separately). A 5.2.2 speaker configuration is based upon a traditional 5.1 speaker layout complemented by 2 overhead or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 5.2.4 configuration is based on a 5.1 speaker layout with 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.2.2 configuration is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with 2 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers. A 7.2.4 configuration is based on a 7.1 speaker layout with 4 overhead, or Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers; *a 7.2.4 configuration requires an additional power amplifier.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch & multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space. DTS:X firmware update now available; click here.
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format. DTS Neural:X firmware update now available; click here.
- AURO-3D Upgrade ($199): Auro-3D is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. It provides a realistic sound experience unlike anything before. By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D creates the sensation of actually "being there". Thanks to a unique "Height" channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener. Once upgraded with the AURO-Codec Decoder ($199.00 cost), the AVR-X7200WA is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro 10.1 channel configuration.
Denon Original Listening Modes: Denon's Original Listening Modes, combined with Dolby Digital/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic processing, produce more realistic, powerful sound effects for your movie and music sound tracks based on the type of content and your home theater setup. You can choose from the following:
- Rock Arena: For rock and popular music sources, this mode surrounds you with reflected sound of the kind you would hear at a live concert.
- Jazz Club: This mode recreates the atmosphere of a live house where the ceiling is low and you are enveloped with rich doses of reflected sound.
- Matrix: With this mode, you can add rich reflected sound to 2-channel stereo music sources where reflected sound is normally not audible.
- Video Game: This mode is suited for achieving surround sound with video games..
- Mono Movie: This mode is used when you listen to recorded monaural sound sources such as AM radio broadcasts or news programs from the center speaker.
- Virtual: Enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or set of headphones.
- Multichannel Stereo: Left and right stereo channels are distributed to all the speakers so that stereo sound can be heard from all directions at any listening position.
Note: This unit automatically generates a list of all the playable sound modes based on the input audio format and the current speaker setup configuration and displays the list on the screen. Therefore, you can select a correct surround playback mode even if you are not familiar with sound mode selection.
Direct Listening Modes: The Denon AVR-X7200WA offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Direct Mode provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct Mode goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
Audyssey Platinum: AVR-X7200WA features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT/LFC, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, and Audyssey DSX.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ XT32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. MultEQ XT32 provides greater filter precision for the main and surround speakers, with 8x the resolution compared to the base MultEQ system, along with the ability to measure at up to 32 locations in the room. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT + LFC: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual tailoring for each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, delivering the optimum combination of highest deep bass output and lowest distortion. Audyssey LFC processing analyses and processes bass content on a continuous basis and custom tailors the sound via advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver dynamic bass response within the listening room without annoying family members or neighbors in adjacent rooms.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
- Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion (DSX): Audyssey DSX adds front effect speakers to improve spatial sound reproduction. Starting with a 5.1 channel system, DSX adds front Wide and/or front Height channels for better sound staging (although both wide and height speakers can be added, only one pair is used at a time). DSX also applies Surround Envelopment Processing to enhance the blend between the front and surround channels.
Surround Parameters: You can adjust the following surround mode parameters:
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music Settings: While listening in the Dolby Pro Logic II Music format, there are three further enhancements you can adjust - Panorama (broadens the front stereo image to the surround speakers to provide a wraparound effect, especially effective when there is limited output from the surround channels), Dimension (allows you to move the sound field forward or backward), and Center Width (allows you to adjust the width of the center channel).
- Center Image: In the Neo:6 Music mode, the Center Image feature adjusts the output of the left and right channels relative to the center channel, allowing you to make the center channel more or less dominant as needed. This improves the image of the center channel, especially when the listener is off-center. Adjustment varies from 5 (nothing subtracted from the L/R channels) to 0 (L/R channel output is cut in half).
- Denon Original Surround Mode Settings: While listening in one of the Denon Original Surround Modes, there are three further enhancements you can adjust - Room Size (sets the size of your desired acoustic environment; Small/Medium/Large), Effect Level (adjusts the effect signal level from 1-15), and Delay Time (adjusts the delay time from 0-400ms to control the sound stage size).
- Audyssey DSX Settings: While listening in the Audyssey DSX audio format, there are two further enhancements you can adjust; Stage Height (adjust sound stage height +/-10 when using front height speakers) and Stage Width (adjust sound stage width when using front wide speakers)
- Height & Center Gain: Adjust the volume (Low/Mid/High) of the Front Height channels in Dolby Pro Logic IIz. During DTS NEO:X, this function distributes the dialog output from the center channel to the front left and right channels and widens the sound image in the front.
Audio Enhancements: The Denon AVR-X7200WA receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- Restorer: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio), and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The Restorer function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Night Mode: The Night Mode optimizes sound for late night listening. This function can be set to Low, Mid, High, or Off.
Level Adjustments: The AVR-X7200WA provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver's subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system's main volume.
Volume Settings: The AVR-X7200WA offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0, -10, or -20 dB to limit the receiver's total volume output.
- Power On Level: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Inputs/Outputs: The Denon AV receiver offers a variety of analog and digital audio inputs/outputs.
- Digital & Analog Inputs: The AVR-X7200WA features two optical digital (Toslink) inputs and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs; the digital input are assignable. There are also seven stereo analog (RCA) inputs.
- Phono Input: The Denon AVR-X7200WA is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The AVR-X7200WA features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the AVR-X7200WA's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 13.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 13.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, Front Height 1 L/R, Front Height 2 L/R, Front Wide L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the AVR-X7200WA features two non-discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you'll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system. The same signal is output from each sub output.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
HDMI 2.0a: This AV receiver is equipped with eight HDMI 2.0a inputs (7 rear/1 front) and three HDMI outputs, enabling connection to various HDMI compatible devices such as Blu-ray Disc players, satellite/cable boxes, game consoles, and HD video camcorders. The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the third discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone. The HDMI jacks can accept and switch 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K video signals to a HDTV.
- 4K/60Hz + HDCP 2.2: The AVR-X7200WA features support for 4K Ultra-HD full frame rate 60 Hz pass-through on all of its HDMI inputs and HDMI outputs, along with 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through, and 21:9 video aspect ratio. All HDMI inputs and monitor outputs are also equipped with HDCP 2.2 signal handling, a requirement for 4K Ultra-HD copy-protected content.
- 3D Ready: Every HDMI input and output of the AVR-X7200WA is able to pass through 3D video signals from your Blu-ray player or satellite/cable box to your 3D ready TV via HDMI.
- Deep/x.v.Color Support: The receiver also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the receiver's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to your receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-200ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 200ms to synchronize it with the video image.
4K Video Upconversion: The Denon AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the AVR-X7200WA and then connect to your HDTV with just a single HDMI cable.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the AVR-X7200WA also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility via its HDMI 2.0a jacks for full support of Ultra-HD Blu-ray. HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
Note: Out of the box, the AVR-X7200WA is only compatible with HDR10. Through a future firmware update (schedule for spring of 2018), the unit will also support Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR formats.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Analog Video Inputs: The receiver features five composite video inputs (4 rear/1 front), composite video monitor output and two composite video outputs which can be used for monitor output, Zone 2, and/or Zone 3. There are also three component video inputs and two component video outputs (60MHz) that can be used for monitor output, Zone 2, and/or Zone 3.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner, USB, Network Music, or Bluetooth.
Picture Mode: The receiver provides Picture Mode to adjust the picture quality for your viewing content and environment. You can select from Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day/Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Hue, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness). Picture adjustments cannot be made for 4K content.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Denon AVR-X7200WA receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 b/g; 2.4GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to your DLNA music server and various online music services. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+). The two included external Bluetooth/WiFi antennas must be installed to use receiver's built-in WiFi.
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The AVR-X7200WA is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8 compliant for audio and photo networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music and still-images (JPEG) stored on your Windows PC. You can use your PC to play high-bit rate music content through the A/V receiver and view still-images on your connected TV, or use the AVR-X7200WA's remote control to browse music & photo files on your hard drive. The receiver also supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed the unit's front-panel display or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Denon AVR-X7200WA supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|MPEG-4 AAC||32/44.1/48 kHz||48-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a/.mp4|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||N/A||.flac|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
Online Services: The Denon AVR-X7200WA lets you access Internet Radio, as well as other online music and photo services from your broadband Internet connection. Currently the AVR-X7200WA supports Internet Radio from vTuner, Pandora, Spotify Connect, and SiriusXM; as well as the Flickr online photo sharing site (as of 1/15/2015). The Denon receiver offers on-screen menu display and control over these web services.
|Online Services|| |
|vTuner||The online vTuner service which offers easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. Internet Radio stations in MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps), and AAC (16-320kbps) format are supported. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites. You can store up to 56 Internet Radio stations as presets. The unit will automatically save up to 20 of the most recently played stations.|
Pandora (requires future firmware update scheduled for 10/21)
|Once the network audio player is registered with your Pandora account, you can listen to the automated music recommendation and Internet Radio service. You can create up to 100 personalized radio stations. You can sort tracks within these radio stations. You can skip up to 6 tracks that are being played back within 1 hour. You can also thumbs-up/thumbs-down and bookmark tracks. In Pandora, you can search for the track name or artist name using "keyword" searches. When the search is complete, tracks that have a similar rhythm or sound are streamed.|
|SiriusXM||SiriusXM Internet Radio lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more.|
|Spotify Connect||If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify the Denon AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.|
|Flickr||Flickr is an online photograph sharing service that started in 2004. You can use this unit to view photographs on a connected TV that have been made public by Flickr users. You will need to setup an Flickr account to download, upload, and view photographs.|
Favorites: You can add up to 100 items as "Favorites" from vTuner, Pandora, SiriusXM, Flickr, and your media server for easier, quicker access.
HD Radio Tuner: In addition to receiving standard analog AM and FM broadcasts, the AVR-X7200WA features a built-in HD Radio tuner. HD Radio technology brings digital radio to conventional analog AM and FM radio stations, with improved sound quality, better reception, and new data services. HD Radio technology provides CD-quality sound for FM stations, and FM-quality sound for AM stations. In addition, FM HD Radio station can transmit multiple programs on the same frequency by using multicast channels. Text data display includes station name, song title, artist name, etc. HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
- Station Text: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles.
- Multicasting: Many HD Radio stations also offer more than one channel of programming. This service is called multicasting.
- Station Presets: You can store up to 56 radio stations presets (8 stations each in 7 separate banks) and name each preset with an 8 character ID.
- Direct Frequency Tuning: You can enter the receiving frequency directly to tune in a station, using the supplied IR remote control.
Web Control: You can control this A/V receiver from a web control screen on your Windows PC's web browser. The AVR-X7200WA and your PC must be connected to the same home network.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Denon server. Visit Denon's Support Site for more details. The tested Denon AVR-X7200WA contained firmware version 6635-2070-2174-06 (as of 1/14/2015).
Front-Panel USB Port: This AV receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as your Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32. The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/5,000 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Compatible Audio Formats Sampling Frequencies Bit rate Extension WMA (Windows Media Audio) 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-192 kbps .wma MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3) 32/44.1/48 kHz 32-320 kbps .mp3 WAV 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz N/A .wav MPEG-4 AAC 32/44.1/48 kHz 48-320 kbps .aac/.m4a/.mp4 FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz N/A .flac ALAC 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz N/A .m4a AIFF 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz N/A .aif/.aiff DSD 2.8 MHz N/A .dsf/.dff
Note: The receiver's USB port cannot be used with a USB hub or computer.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Denon AV receiver offers wired (via USB) and wireless (via AirPlay) connectivity for your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad. You can even watch video from your Apple device via the receiver's front-panel HDMI input.
- AirPlay Compatible: AirPlay lets you stream your favorite songs directly from your Apple iOS (4.3.3+) device or from your iTunes (10.2.2+) library on your Windows PC or Mac computer to the AV receiver, over your home's wireless network connection. From your Apple iOS device you are able to stream stored music on your device, downloaded music apps, and music on your iCloud to the AV receiver. From your Windows or Mac you can stream your stored iTunes music library on your computer to the AV receiver; you can even download Apple's free Remote App onto your compatible iOS device to browse and control playback functions of the the music stored in your iTunes music library on your computer that is being streamed to the AV receiver. With AirPlay you also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- USB Direct: The AVR-X7200WA supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad using its front-panel USB (type-A) port. Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver's front-panel USB port, using the cable that came with your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Stored music and music apps from your connected Apple device can be played through the AV receiver, bypassing the iPod/iPhone D/A converter for better sound quality. The iPod/iPhone/iPad can be controlled by the receiver's remote, or you can continue to use the Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen. You can search for stored music on your iPod/iPhone/iPad by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, or Audiobook. Song/artist information and Album Art from stored music and music apps on your iPod/iPhone will display on your connected TV via HDMI (song/artist text will also display on receiver's front-panel display).
- HDMI Video: You can also view video from stored movies and movie apps from select iPods, iPhone, and iPads by connecting your Apple device to the AV receiver's front-panel USB and HDMI input. Use the Apple Lightning-to-Digital AV Adapter (472LT2HDMI sold separately), the Apple Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your Lightning connector iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to the AV receiver. Use the Apple Dock-to-Digital AV Adapter (sold separately), the Apple Dock-to-USB cable that came with your device, and a HDMI cable (sold separately) to connect your iPod touch (4th gen), iPhone 4/4S, or iPad (1/2/3). Using the HDMI input, video from your iPod/iPhone/iPad can only be navigated from your Apple device's clickwheel or touchscreen.
Note: Your Apple iPod/iPhone's battery will be charged while connected to the receiver (max. 1A). This unit will not charge the iPad.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Denon AVR-X7200WA is "made for iPod/iPhone" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (as of 10/13/2015).
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Connector Type||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|USB||Bluetooth||AirPlay||Audio||Video||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
OSD w/ Setup Assistant (via HDMI): With Denon's on-screen menu and setup assistant you can connect, configure, and use your home theater system with ease. The OSD and setup assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that optimizes critical system settings for your particular home theater setup. The on-screen menu and setup assistant can be output to your TV via HDMI only. If you connect the receiver to your television via only composite video, you will need to use the AV receiver's front-panel display for menu and source adjustments.
- Initial setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. Many of the receiver's setup functions can only be found via the on-screen menu and not the front-panel display.
- The video being played will not appear in the background of the menu when the menu is operated during playback of 4K or 3D video, or if the video aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 4:3.
Quick Select: On the AVR-X7200WA's front-panel, you'll find four Quick Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Quick Select function buttons. With Quick Select, the AVR-X7200WA remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: Denon's Multi-Zone/Multi-Source function lets you select different audio/video sources for listening and viewing in different locations of your home. The AVR-X7200WA's Zone 2 and Zone 3 both offer audio/video playback. This unit is also equipped with an HDMI Zone 2 output connector for transfer of audio/video from connected HDMI sources to Zone 2. The source can be the same for all zones through "All Zone Stereo", or you can enjoy three different sources in these three zones if you prefer.
- HDMI Zone 2: The AVR-X7200WA incorporates multi-zone HDMI
audio/video distribution for Zone 2 with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix
switching functionality. The receiver can send two different HDMI video
feeds to two displays at the same time directly from the receiver. HDMI Zone
2 also supports 2ch PCM audio from the HDMI input source selected. The HDMI
Zone 2 function is only compatible with the HDMI 1-7 input connectors. It is
not compatible with the HDMI 8 input connector. The volume of HDMI Zone 2
will be controlled by your TV or additional receiver in Zone 2.
- Compatible Sources: HDMI 1-7 video (up to 4k) and audio (2ch PCM) inputs.
- Audio/Video Zone 2: Zone 2 allows stereo audio/video
playback of another A/V source connected to the receiver in another room of
your home via left/right RCA audio or speaker terminal output connections
and composite or component video. To enjoy a video source in Zone 2, you
must connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as
connected to your receiver for that particular source (there is no
video-conversion for Zone 2). Zone 2 features either a preamp-output or
speaker terminal output so you can use this amp or a separate amp to power
speakers in another room. When using the AVR-X7200WA to power speakers in a
second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 7.1-channel. When
using the receiver's preamp output terminals for the second room you need an
additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the main Zone of
the receiver remains 9.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled
by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your add-on
amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog audio/video inputs, HDMI Audio (2ch PCM), Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), DLNA/Media Server contents.
- Audio/Video Zone 3: Zone 3 allows stereo audio/video
playback of another A/V source connected to the receiver in a third room of
your home via left/right RCA audio or speaker terminal output connections
and composite or component video. To enjoy a video source in Zone 3, you
must connect the same video connection to your second display monitor as
connected to your receiver for that particular source (there is no
video-conversion for Zone 2). Zone 3 features either a preamp-output or
speaker terminal output so you can use this amp or a separate amp to power
speakers in another room. When using the AVR-X7200WA to power speakers in a
second and third room of your home, the second and third zones are
restricted to mono operation and the main zone is limited to 5.1 channels.
When using the receiver's preamp output terminals for the 3rd Zone, you need
an additional amplifier in that room to power those speakers; the main Zone
of the receiver remains 7.1- or 9.1-channel. The volume of Zone 3 can be
controlled by the Denon receiver using either configuration or from your
add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources: Analog audio/video inputs, Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM), AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone), USB (including iPod/iPhone), AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio (different network sources cannot be played back in multiple zones at the same time), DLNA/Media Server contents.
- All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function
allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2
simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types; analog or digital).
During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo"
sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in
each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same
music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
- Compatible Sources: All audio sources (both analog and digital).
Notes: Analog video signals cannot be sent to HDMI Zone 2. HDMI audio cannot be sent to Zone 3. DSD audio cannot be sent to Zone 2 or Zone 3. Unfortunately, you cannot select USB and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2/3 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2/3 (this scenario also includes Bluetooth).
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename & Text Search: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can hide it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources. You can also search Internet Radio, USB, and DLNA content using keyword searches from the AV receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
Slide Shows/Picture View: You can play back still image (JPEG) files stored on a USB memory device or media server and pictures on Flickr website as a slide show. The display time can also be set. You can also play back music and a favorite picture at the same time via USB, Internet Radio, or Media Server.
Timers: The Denon AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with an ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Eco mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Denon AVR-X7200WA features built-in Bluetooth (version 2.1+EDR) with support for profiles A2DP 1.2 and AVRCP 1.4. You'll be able to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple device, Android smartphone/tablet, portable audio player, laptop, or PC to the Denon receiver. You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. Song/Artist information is displayed on your HDMI-connected TV. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the AVR-X7200WA, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks.
Note: The two included external Bluetooth/WiFi antennas must be installed to use Bluetooth. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Denon AV receiver.
Denon Remote App: The Denon Remote App lets you control the Denon Network A/V receiver using your Apple iOS or Android device. Simply download the free Denon Remote App from the iTunes App Store for the iPod touch/iPhone/iPad (iOS 4.3+), or download the free Denon Remote App from Google Play for your compatible Android device (1.5+). The AV receiver will need to be connected to the same network as your Apple iOS or Android device. This free Remote App lets you control the Denon A/V receiver's basic functions (power, volume, input, surround modes) from your Apple iOS or Android device for all zones of the receiver. You can even navigate the A/V receiver's network and Internet content from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. For added convenience, there are eight customizable home screen short cut buttons that allow you to tailor the look and function of the Denon Remote App to suit your needs.
Learning Remote Control: The provided IR wireless remote is a universal learning remote control. The remote features a adjustable backlit LCD window which displays information about the sources and modes selected from the remote control. The remote's buttons are also backlit with a press of a button. This remote control is preset with remote codes for Denon AV components. The remote also contains codes for other manufactures which can be programmed. In addition, the remote control is capable of learning and storing codes used by other remotes. You can use the remote control to program a series of button operations in sequence. This remote can remember up to 4 macro functions; each macro can record a maximum of 18 steps.
HDMI-CEC: When you make an HDMI connection with a TV or player compatible with the AVR-X7200WA's HDMI control function, you can perform the operations from the AVR-X7200WA's remote control; Power off, Switching of audio output devices, Switching of audio input devices, Volume adjustment, and Playback functions.
Custom Integration: The AVR-X7200WA is part of Denon's IN-Command series line-up of receiver, which is Denon's certification to custom installers that the receiver has advanced connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include a RS232C jack for use with whole house control systems, remote in/out IR command control, and a 12V trigger output.
- RS-232C Port: Port for connection to external whole-house control systems, from companies such as AMX, Crestron, etc.
- Remote Jacks: Minijack input and output jacks for use with an optional IR repeater system (sold separately).
- 12V Trigger Outputs: The AVR-X7200WA has two minijack outputs to send a 12-Volt DC turn-on signal to another component that accepts a 12V trigger, such as a power amplifier in Zone 2/3. The conditions under which the trigger output activates is programmable.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Power and 4K compatibility. Replacing a less powerful version of the same. Its been great. [ GUNTER Dec 18, 2017 ]
capability and price [ walter Dec 14, 2017 ]
Simplicity of use, loads of functions, good brand and plenty of power. [ K Dec 11, 2017 ]
Excellent reviews [ Stephen Dec 10, 2017 ]
Needed to replace my aging Denon 3803. Future proof (for now). [ Luis Aug 04, 2017 ]
prior denon stopped working and need to replace [ David Jul 19, 2017 ]
Replacing my Marantz SR7009 [ Robert Apr 05, 2017 ]
it's an upgrade of my very old Denon amp that i owned for about 18 years, i like Denon's durability and great sound. [ Eusebio M. Feb 25, 2017 ]
Research,research,reseach ! Upgrading from 4308ci and it was the best choice for the money and features. [ George Feb 10, 2017 ]
My Onkyo TX-NR5008 lost Video output, again, and this time it's out of warranty for repair. Out of Onkyo, Sony ES, and Denon, I can say that I've not been impressed with either Onkyo or Sony's operation or quality. I've had Denon's "Flagship" model years back, but when I upgraded to HDMI & 3D, they didn't have a top end model out at the time, so I tried Onkyo because of friends' advice. No comparison. To me Denon is the superior brand for quality, features, and ease of use hands down. [ Charles Aug 16, 2016 ]
Feature Set [ Tony Aug 15, 2016 ]
Perception of Quality [ Frank Aug 06, 2016 ]
It has an excellent review from the customers. Also I like the features of this product and I have been using a denon 4801 for a long time and I love it, it's time for me to upgrade to this receiver. [ Felix Aug 04, 2016 ]
Top of the line with many more features than similarly priced receivers. [ M Jul 21, 2016 ]
The online reviews I read and the brand name. [ Horace Apr 26, 2016 ]
This Denon is simply the best AVR receiver that I have ever owned. It is powering B & W 803 D's. The sound is pristine and the damping factor is comparable to separates. Denon has automatically updated the receiver 3 times. This is good news since my previous Denon receivers were impossible to update, I have owned them all. If you want the best AVR with excellent upgrade potential, this is the one. Actually for the price it is a steal !!! [ Douglas Apr 21, 2016 ]
Best value for the money. Just a great receiver. Future proof. [ Stephen Mar 30, 2016 ]
Based on reviews and future proof features [ J Feb 19, 2016 ]
Replacing my Denon AVR-4311 for the 4K Video and 3D Sound Features [ Michael Jan 11, 2016 ]
Love Denon [ Eric Jan 04, 2016 ]
13 questions already asked
I don't know. I think Crutchfield tech department can help you best on this one. [ RICHARD Jul 02, 2017 ]
I am not familiar with this format, and have not used it with my unit. Try downloading the owner's manual from Denon./ds [ Douglas Jul 02, 2017 ]
Hey Brandon, I've never heard of Dolby Vision, but I know that the receiver supports Dolby surround and Dolby Atmos (for sounds from a height). Is this what you are asking, or is you question truly about Video(picture), and not Audio (sound)? Regards Charles N [ Charles Jul 02, 2017 ]
I'm very satisfied with this product. I have no compatibility issue whether connecting to t.v. laptop, ipod, blue ray. With my 7.1 set-up the sound seems getting better as the denon avr-x7200wa goes thru break in period. [ Felix May 20, 2017 ]
No I still need 4 controls. Cable, tv. dvd, Denon. But when all works well, Denon does most of it. I have not upgraded software, however./ds [ Douglas May 19, 2017 ]
Not all of them. The latest firmware greatly improves things but decoding issues still remain. [ Afonso May 19, 2017 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They will be able to help determine the differences and help you make the best choice for your system and your budget. [ Kenny Apr 14, 2017 ] Staff
Thanks for your question. The dimensions listed under "General Features" 17-1/8"W x 7-11/16"H x 18-1/16"D is correct for the chassis. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Apr 14, 2017 ] Staff
1 answer I bought a Denon AVR-X7200WA from Crutchfield and, later, a Samsung UN78JS9500 from somewhere else ( Crutchfield was out of stock). I have the receiver hooked through the Smart Box via HDMI and get video fine. But, the only way I can get audio is through an optical hookup. What am I missing? [ RickK Apr 26, 2016 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Apr 27, 2016 ] Staff
Yes, the speakers in the other room can be setup as a separate zone making it independent from the the other speakers. For example you could be using the 5.1 setup for watching a movie and listening to music in the other room. [ Michael Mar 23, 2016 ]
THat I don't know as I haven't tried it. Denon customer service vould answer it at Denon's web site. [ Mike Mar 23, 2016 ]
There are a lot of amps that can do the job and the very best ones are more expensive than the receiver itself. (See McIntosh MC152). Because the Atmos channels are for overhead effects and do not play nearly as often as the front primary channels, you can use something far more modest: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_543R290DS/item.html I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Mar 11, 2016 ] Staff
Yes, this receiver will up convert HDMI to whatever your tv's resolution can support. [ Michael Feb 15, 2016 ]
Yes the Denon AVR-X7200WA will unconvert video signals. It will determine the tv(s) hooked up to it and unconvert the video signals to the highest supported resolution. The setting is located in the Video, I/P scaler section of the unit's GUI. I verified this with my DirecTV source. [ John Feb 15, 2016 ]
No, it does not convert formats. If u have 720p it passes it threw, if u have 4k it passes it threw. [ JEFF Feb 15, 2016 ]
Yes you can bi amp with the AVR-X7200WA. And Crutchfield tech-support will be gad to help you with that. [ RICHARD Jul 02, 2017 ]
Well, you do not bi-amp the receiver; you bi-amp your speakers if they offer the option (two sets of speaker wire terminals on each front left & right speaker). But, yes, the Denon does offer the configuration to use 4 of it's 9 channels to bi-amp your compatible front left & right speakers. You will find this information, and more, by clicking the "Details" tab on the receiver's main webpage and scrolling down below the "Features & Specs" table. I hope that helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Jan 20, 2016 ] Staff
Unit is made in Japan. [ CLIFFORD Jan 13, 2016 ]
The voltage for the AVR-X7200WA is 120 volts. If you move to an area with 220 volts you will need to use a step-down transformer. Should be no problem operating in Japan which has 100 volts. I do not know if there is an international warranty. [ Mark Oct 12, 2015 ]
The US has it's standards and the rest of the world have their standard. This goes for electricity, telephones, TV's, cars, etc. I the US most homes have both 110 and 220 - 110 for most of the house and 220 for electric dryers and electric stoves. The rest of the world uses 220. You can search the internet for a "travel power converter". You will need on for each electric appliance that you take with you. If you plan on moving over seas soon don't buy a telephone until you get to where you are going. US phones do not work in Europe, Africa, South America or Asia. [ Thomas Oct 05, 2015 ]
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: We do not price match other sellers but we offer a plethora of reasons to buy from Crutchfield: http://www.crutchfield.com/support/guarantees.aspx If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Sep 03, 2015 ] Staff
I forwarded your question to an Advisor and they responded with the following: The Denon AVR-X7200WA is HDMI 2.0 compatible along with 2.2 HDCP for true 4K content when made available. If you would like to discuss further you can contact an Advisor directly by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. [ Krissy Jul 29, 2015 ] Staff