Jamo S 801
Bookshelf speakers (Black)
- 1" soft dome tweeter with an integrated WaveGuide for focused high frequencies
- 4" polyfiber woofer for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- frequency response: 76-26,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 60 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grilles
- 6-3/16"W x 11-1/4"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Jamo S 801 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Aluminized Polyfiber|
|Frequency Response||76-26k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Jamo Studio 8 Series: The new Jamo Studio 8 series of loudspeakers has been engineered and designed to complement and seamlessly blend in today's modern environments and fashionable living spaces. Contemporary material and finish choices accentuate the clean, minimalist lines of this European design, while the compact cabinet architecture is an ideal solution for today's urban living environments.
Note: The Jamo Studio 8 series consists of Floorstanding loudspeakers (S805/S807/S809), bookshelf loudspeakers (S801/S803), center channel speakers (S81C/S83C), Dolby Atmos elevation speaker (S8ATM), and powered subwoofer (S808SW/S810SW).
Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker: The S 801 bookshelf speaker features a 1" soft-dome tweeter for smooth, refined high frequencies, and a 4" aluminized polyfiber woofer for balanced, musical low end. The integrated WaveGuide focuses the high frequency sound for dynamic, true-to-life reproduction, while the rear-firing slot port allows for better low frequency extension.
Compact Enclosure w/ Wood Accents: The S 801 is specifically designed and engineered to provide exceptional output and balanced, full sound in almost any application despite it's small cabinet size. Wood accents give the speaker cabinet a handcrafted, natural look.
Magnetic Grille: The S 801 comes with fully magnetic grilles (no mounting holes or push pins) for a clean, minimalistic front-baffle design, while the large woven linen grille cloth features a heavy texture which finishes off the loudspeaker's modern look.
Binding Post Terminals: Each bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with a set of binding-post speaker terminals. These binding-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
Applications: The Jamo Studio 8 Series S 801 bookshelf loudspeakers can be used for the front or rear channels in a home theater system, or standing alone in a strictly two-channel stereo system.
- Placement Options: As front channels in a home theater setup or as a 2ch speaker system, the S 801 should be positioned so the loudspeakers create an equidistant triangle between the speakers and your main listening position. They should be positioned no less than 6' apart and at ear level in your seated listening position. As rear speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be positioned directly to the left and right of your main listening position, or just behind the main listening position at a 20° angle, plus placed approximately 6' above the floor (measuring from the top of the cabinet).
- Mounting Options: The compact cabinet of the S 801 allows for extremely versatile mounting options on a table-top, shelf, or stand. Four integrated rubber feet provide a non-slip surface. The bookshelf speakers do not provide any hardware to wall-mount the speaker, but can be wall-mounted using Pinpoint side-clamping wall-mount brackets (sold separately - see accessory list).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Get better bass and the ability to add Dolby Atmos®
The Jamo S 803 offers these features:
5" polyfiber woofer
frequency response: 57-26,000 Hz
recommended amplifier power: 80 watts
metal fasteners on top of each speaker serve as a connection point for optional Jamo S 8 ATM Dolby Atmos upward-firing speakers