Polk Audio HTS 10
Powered subwoofer (Washed Black Walnut)
Our take on the Polk Audio HTS 10 by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Powerful bass from a customer favorite
Polk Audio has been one of Crutchfield's best-selling home speaker brands for decades. And for good reason — they produce high-quality speakers and subwoofers at affordable prices. The HTS 10 is the company's latest offering on the powered subwoofer front. Use it as part of a Polk Audio Signature two-channel stereo or home theater system for excellent bass without breaking the bank.
The Polk Audio HTS 10 powered sub features a sleek, rounded enclosure and a removable grille.
Ideal for small- and medium-sized rooms
This sleek sub features a hip, updated design with rounded corners and a slot on the bottom that shows off the flared, down-firing port — a bit of a departure from Polk's previous enclosures. Cosmetically, it's my favorite Polk sub design to date.
But the HTS 10 offers more than just good looks. It pairs a 10", front-firing driver with a 100-watt amp for tight, punchy bass in small- or medium-sized rooms. If you have a large room, I recommend considering this sub's big brother, the HTS 12.
Get the most out of your sub
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure with down-firing Power Port® for clear, accurate bass
- 10" front-firing polypropylene woofer
- 100-watt RMS (200-watt peak) Class D amplifier
- frequency response: 30-120 Hz (-3dB)
- RCA line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- variable low-pass crossover control
- phase switch to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers
- automatically powers off when it no longer receives signal from the receiver
- 15-1/8"W x 16-5/8"H x 18-1/16"D
- weight: 37.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 3 years amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 8' AC power cord
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration sheet
this is a very good subwoofer
Anonymous, Park Forest, IL
Polk Audio HTS 10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-160|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||100|
|Frequency Response||30-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
10" Polypropylene Dynamic Balance Woofer: The HTS 10 houses a front-firing 10" polypropylene long-throw woofer with rubber surround for deep, accurate bass. The woofer incorporates Polk's patented Dynamic Balance technology and is Klippel optimized to provide clean, clear bass, better linearity, lower distortion, and greater durability.
100W Class D Amplifier: The Polk HTS10 employs a 100 watt (RMS) / 200 watt (Peak) Class D amplifier for dynamic bass performance.
Power Port Technology: The Polk HTS 10 powered subwoofer utilizes floor-firing patented Power Port Technology for deeper bass response and reduced port noise. The Power Port floor-firing design smoothly transitions air flow from the speaker into your listening area for deep, extended bass impact while minimizing turbulence, distortion, and port noise. At the port tuning frequency, Power Port equipped subwoofers have 3dB less port noise than similarly configured subwoofers without Power Port.
Non-Resonant Enclosure: The powered sub's strong, rigid, and acoustically inert curved enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. Its non-resonant Meddite MDF construction, with extra bracing and thick baffle, ensures a more lifelike sound.
Controls: Built-in controls for variable volume, low pass filter, and phase let you tune in optimum bass levels. All controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Volume: The rotary volume knob adjusts the volume of the powered sub relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Low-Pass Filter: The variable low-pass filter is adjustable from 40-160 Hz. The low-pass filter is only active for the powered sub's stereo RCA inputs. The low-pass filter is deactivated when using the powered sub's LFE input.
- Phase: The phase switch allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
Line-Level Inputs: The Polk HTS 10 powered subwoofer is outfitted with an unfiltered LFE input and filtered stereo RCA inputs (subwoofer cable not included).
- LFE Input (Unfiltered): The LFE input consists of an unfiltered mono-RCA jack (the LFE input bypasses the powered sub's variable low pass filter). Using the LFE input when connecting to an AV receiver or integrated amp with a filtered LFE output and built-in crossover control.
- Stereo RCA Input (Filtered): The Stereo input consists of a left & right RCA jack (both jacks are filtered). Use the Stereo input when connecting to a receiver or integrated amp that does not have an LFE output, but does provide a preamp output.
Auto & DC Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn on when an audio signal is received and off when there is no audio signal for about 20 minutes. There is also a 12V trigger input on the back of powered sub which allows it to power on with your receiver or integrated amp that features a 12V trigger output (the 12V trigger provides a faster auto on/off).
Note: There is a switch on the back of the powered sub that indicates which power on/off method you will be using - Auto or DC.
Placement: You may place the powered subwoofer anywhere in your room, but it will perform best when it's on the same side of the room as your system's front speakers. Also, placing the subwoofer near a wall or in a corner will increase its loudness.
Frequency Response: The overall frequency response for the subwoofer is 25-180Hz, and the -3 dB frequency response is 30-120Hz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
to match with current Monitor Audio Bronze HT speakers setup and price is very reasonable for a Powered Subwoofer and also the Polk Brand. Will try this and see if it blends well the Monitor audio speakers. [ BENEDICT Jul 31, 2018 ]
Pairing this with S50 Fronts, S35 Center, and S10 sat speakers. I don't have a lot of space and this was the smallest matching sub I could find that seems to go with Polk's Signature series. [ MICHAEL BRETT Jul 19, 2018 ]
Good review. It will fit my medium size conference room. [ Bernard May 20, 2018 ]
Because I have the polk signature s15 and s30 as my front and center speakers and this sub seems to be their match, plus the specs and construction look solid. [ YAER Jan 04, 2018 ]
quality [ Brian Dec 20, 2017 ]
I recently purchased 2 Polk Audio floor standing speakers and am very satisfied with their performance. However, the major factor in selecting Polk Audio, aside from quality and performance, was Made in America. [ Charles Stephen May 13, 2018 ]
I researched several locations online for a product that I thought would meet my requirements and price range and narrowed my selection down to eight candidates. I found that Crutchfield carried all eight and had as good a price as any other source. I discussed my options with two different Crutchfield advisors and found them both to be very knowledgeable of the products. I wound up accepting their recommendation. The free shipping also played a part in my selecting Crutchfield as my supplier. [ Roger Mar 20, 2018 ]
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
Polk Audio HTS 10
Klipsch Reference R-10SW
Polk Audio PSW111
Ultra-compact powered subwoofer
Polk Audio HTS 12