Garmin Running Dynamics Pod
Calculates running metrics with compatible Garmin watches
Our take on the Garmin Running Dynamics Pod by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Become a more efficient runner
If you want to run further and faster while avoiding injury, you should concentrate on improving your running form. Garmin's Running Dynamics Pod works with Garmin's Forerunner 935/735XT and Fenix watches to measure a variety of running metrics that you can use to improve:
- Ground contact time
- Stride length
- Vertical oscillation
- Vertical ratio
- Ground contact balance
All of these provide meaningful insights that will help you run smoother and with less effort, so you can go the distance at your next event.
You'll forget you're wearing it
The Running Dynamics Pod clips onto your waistband and sends the info it gleans to your watch. And it measures in at a featherweight 0.5 ounces, so you'll quickly forget that it's there. The replaceable battery lasts for about a year for most runners, and there's an auto on/off function so you won't run the battery down.
- computes 6 running dynamics to compatible Garmin watches
- replaceable battery
- weight: 0.5 oz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Clip-on running dynamics sensor
- Important Safety and Product Information
Easy to sync with watch and provides outstanding run specific data.
Anonymous, Salado, TX
Garmin Running Dynamics Pod Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Garmin Running Dynamics Pod is a clip-on accessory that transmits data to a compatible Garmin wearable device as you run. The built-in accelerometer makes biomechanical measurements in your running form to help you perform to your maximum capacity. Once you have paired the pod to your Garmin smart watch, you can clip the high-visibility pod to your waistband and start your run. The pod has a water rating of 1 ATM, which means it can withstand pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 meters (33 feet).
Compatibility: The Running Dynamics Pod is a 2.4 GHz ANT+ that wirelessly connects and transmits data to a compatible Garmin device. The devices connect with the Garmin Connect mobile app on your smartphone to sync your data and view your results. The pod is compatible with the following devices: Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 935, fēnix 5, fēnix 5S, fēnix 5X, fēnix Chronos, D2 Charlie, quatix 5, and quatix 5 Sapphire.
Running Dynamics: The Running Dynamics Pod's built-in accelerometer measures and computes data on 6 metrics of your running form. It clips to the center of your waistband, and measures the movement of your torso to calculate these six running metrics:
- Cadence: The number of steps per minute. The pod counts the number of total steps taken, both left and right combined.
- Ground Contact Time (GCT): The device measures the length of time each foot is in contact with the ground while you run. This measurement is expressed in milliseconds, is a running average of your GCT.
- Ground Contact Time Balance: This measures your symmetry as you run, calculating the balance between your left and right ground contact times. The data is expressed as a percentage with an arrow pointing to the side with the highest percentage. (For example: 53.7% left).
- Stride Length: This is the length of your stride, from one footfall to the next, measured in meters.
- Vertical Oscillation: The measurement, in centimeters, of the vertical movement of your torso. It shows the degree of bounce in your steps while you run.
- Vertical Ratio: Vertical Ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. The lower the number, the better your running form.
Battery: The Running Dynamics Pod is powered by a CR1632 battery. The battery is user replaceable, with a battery life of approximately 1 year, assuming 1 hour a day use.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Review [ Melvin May 16, 2017 ]
I love stats!!! [ Daniel May 04, 2017 ]