Sennheiser HDR 165
Extra headset for RS165 wireless headphone system
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Sennheiser HDR 165 by Crutchfield's Jeff Miller
This extra headset for the Sennheiser RS 165 wireless headphone system allows two people to enjoy the same show or movie. It pairs up easily to the transmitter so that both headsets can be used at once — each with a listening range of 98 feet. Buttons on the right earcup give you personal control over your own volume. There's even a bass boost button for action scenes that need more "oomph."
- add-on headset for use only with Sennheiser's RS 165 wireless headphone system (sold separately)
- over-the-ear, closed-back design helps keep out external noise
- two headsets can be used with a single transmitter
- wireless range: up to 98 feet (line of sight)
- 2.4 GHz wireless frequency band
- volume controls and bass boost button on headphones
- automatic pairing to transmitter for hassle-free operation
- includes 2 "AAA" NiMH rechargeable batteries for the headphones (standard "AAA" may also be used)
- battery life: up to 18 hours with a full charge using the included batteries
- frequency response: 18-21,000 Hz
- requires transmitter/base-station from RS 165 system for use
- weight: 10.6 oz. (with batteries)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- HDR 165 Wireless over-ear headset
- 2 "AAA" Rechargeable batteries (1.2V/820 mAh)
- Quick Guide
- Safety Guide
Sennheiser HDR 165 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The HDR 165 is an additional (or replacement) headset for the Sennheiser RS 165 wireless headphone system. The HDR 165 headphones do not include the necessary transmitter (TR 165), and cannot operate without it. Up to two HDR 165 headsets can be connected to the transmitter at the same time.
Headphone Design: The HDR 165 wireless headphones feature a circum-aural (around-the-ear), closed design to significantly reduce background noise. The soft-padded ear cups and headband provide hours of listening comfort. The headphones have controls on the right ear cup: power on/off, volume up, volume down, and bass (to activate the Dynamic Bass Boost feature). With the batteries installed, the HDR 165 headphones weigh approximately 10.5 ounces.
Rechargeable Batteries: The headphones are powered by the two included "AAA" rechargeable NiMH batteries (1.2V, 820mAh). The batteries fully charge in approximately 8.5 hours, when placed on the top of the TR 165 transmitter (included with the RS 165 system). The initial battery charge should be approximately 16 continuous hours. Battery life is approximately 18 hours of use. Standard, non-rechargeable "AAA" batteries may be used in the headphones, but the headphones must not be placed on the charging cradle.
Auto Power Off: If there is no signal from the transmitter for more than 5 minutes, the headphones automatically switch to standby mode.
Dynamic Bass Boost: The HDR 165's Dynamic Bass Boost feature raises the intensity of the bass when activated. You can turn the Bass Boost on or off by pressing the Bass button on the transmitter, or on the headphones.
- Reception Frequency: 2.4-2.48 GHz
- Modulation: 8-FSK Digital
- Frequency Response: 18Hz - 21kHz
- Maximum SPL: 106 dB at 1 kHz, 3% THD
- THD: < 0.5% at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL
- Transmission Range: Up to 30m (98'), line of sight
- Earcup Dimensions: Width 3.82" Height 4.129" Depth 2.35"
- Weight: 10.58 oz (with batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
stepson advise me to by it says it a good co [ maurice Oct 10, 2017 ]