Sennheiser EW112 PG3
Wireless omnidirectional clip microphone system
Our take on the Sennheiser EW112 PG3 by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
You might think the most important part of a video recording is the image quality. But the best video quality in the world will come to nothing if your captured audio is echo-ey, muffled or indistinct. If you've suffered before with bad sound from a camera mic, Sennheiser knows how to ease your pain. The EW 112 PG3 wireless audio system has everything you need to get great audio in the field, while untethering the microphone from your camera or mixer.
Multiple decades of being the broadcast industry's go-to source for reliable monitoring and sound recording has made the Sennheiser nameplate a choice that generates confidence. Take that security farther afield from your camera position with a world-class bodypack transmitter that sends your signal reliably while easily hiding out of sight.
To make sure you're feeding the transmitters a clean signal, the EW 112 PG3 kit comes with a clip-on, omnidirectional ME-2 lavalier mic, designed to reproduce voices clearly and coherently. The receiver module is optimized for clear reception, with diversity circuitry and a multitude of available UHF frequencies. All the elements of this package feature a sturdy metal housing.
- diversity wireless receiver with bodypack transmitter
- includes high-quality omnidirectional clip-on lavalier microphone for ENG (electronic news gathering) work
- transmitter uses UHF RF frequencies to wirelessly transmit sound to the receiver
- 6 UHF frequency ranges, 1680 tunable frequencies per range ensures interference-free reception
- transmitter wirelessly synchronizes with receiver through an infrared interface
- illuminated graphic display on transmitter and receiver features user-friendly menu operation
- battery status is shown in four steps on transmitter and receiver
- available accessories include camera and rack mounts for the receiver, antenna splitters for complex multi-mic setups, and much more
- signal-to-noise ratio: >110 dB(A)
- microphone frequency response: 80 - 18kHz
- total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.9%
- operating time: >8 hours at transmitter
- uses "AA" batteries (two in each unit) or rechargeable Sennheiser BA 2015 accupacks (optional accessory which uses optional L2015 charger)
- receiver features 3.5mm out jack
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- EK 100 G3 diversity receiver
- SK 100 G3 bodypack transmitter
- ME 2 omnidirectional clip-on lavalier microphone
- CL 1 3.5mm jack cable
- CL 100 XLR cable
- CA 2 camera mounting adaptor
- 4 "AA" batteries
- operating instructions
What's in the Box:
- SK 100 Bodypack Transmitter
- EK 100 Diversity Receiver
- 4 "AA" batteries
- ME 2 Microphone with metal clip and attached 66" cord (3.5mm miniplug terminal w/threaded collar)
- Metal windscreen cap (installed)
- 2' CL 100 Microphone cable (with a 3.5mm miniplug w/threaded collar on one end and a male XLR 3-pin plug on the other end)
- 19" CL 1 Microphone cable (with 3.5mm miniplug w/threaded collar on one end and a right-angle 3.5mm miniplug on the other end)
- CA 2 Camera adapter
- Square nut (for adapter)
- Instruction Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Additional information for Sennheiser evolution wireless G3 series
- Amendments from firmware version 1.4.4
- Legal requirements for the use of radiomicrophones
Overview: The Sennheiser EW 112P G3-A is a wireless microphone system, featuring the ME 2 clip-on condenser microphone, SK 100 G3 Bodypack transmitter and EK 100 G3 Compact diversity receiver. The system can be used with cameras and camcorders with 3.5mm minijack and 3-pin XLR microphone inputs.
Components: The system consists of a small omni-directional clip-on microphone with a 5.5' cord. The microphone plugs into the Bodypack transmitter's 3.5mm input jack. The Diversity receiver has a 3.5mm output jack. You can use the CL 1 output cable if your camera has a 3.5mm microphone input, or the CL 100 output cable if your camera has an XLR microphone input.
Mounting: The microphone has a clothing clip allowing you to attach it to the subject's shirt or jacket. The transmitter has a belt clip for securing it to the subject's belt or a purse strap. The receiver also has a belt clip for the camera operator, or, if desired, the receiver can be mounted to the camera's accessory shoe using the included camera adapter. The camera adapter also has a standard 1/4"-20 tripod thread to allow you to mount it on a tripod or a side-mount accessory bracket.
Wireless Transmission: The EW 100 G3 Evolution wireless series offers high-quality RF transmission systems. The EK 100 G3 diversity receiver operates on the adaptive diversity principle where the shield of the line cable is used as the second antenna to provide improved reception. The receiver and transmitter come preset to one of six 42 MHz UHF frequency ranges. There are 20 frequency banks, and each channel in the frequency bank has been factory preset to a frequency. You can use the menus to set the receiver and transmitter to any of the 12 available factory-preset channels in each frequency bank.
Mute Switch: The transmitter has a top-mounted Mute switch allows you to temporarily stop the transmitter from sending an RF signal to the receiver. When no RF signal is being received, the diversity receiver does not output an audio signal.
Power Requirements: The SK 100 transmitter and EK 100 receiver are each powered by two single "AA" batteries. New alkaline "AA" batteries provides approximately 8 hours of operating time. LEDs on the front of the transmitter and receiver indicate when the battery power is depleted.
- ME 2 Microphone:
- Type: condenser
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- Pick-up pattern: omni-directional
- Max SPL: 130 dB SPL
- Dimensions: Diameter=0.258" (0.372" w/cap), Length=0.636" (0.81" w/cap)
- SK 100 Transmitter:
- Input Sensitivity Adjustment Range: 60 dB in 3 dB steps
- Output Frequency Response: 80-18,000 Hz (microphone); 25-18,000 Hz (line)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥110 dBA
- RF Output Power (at 50 Hz): 30 mW (typical)
- Dimensions: W=2.573", H=3.325", D=1.155", Antenna Length=5", Weight=5.64 ounces (including batteries)
- EK 100 Receiver:
- Adjacent Channel Rejection: ≥ 65 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥60 dB
- Dimensions: W=2.573", H=3.325", D=1.155", Antenna Length=5", Weight=4.23 ounces (including batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Hey Faraz. That is a good question. It is hard to predict what the FCC will do with frequency allocation in the future. The only concrete way to future-proof your mics is to go with a wired one. Currently all of the bands we carry are within in the FCC guidelines. If you want to go wireless, then Sennheiser has a tool to help determine which frequency will work best for you. You'll want to check Sennheiser's Freq finder page to see which will work best in your area: https://www.crutchfield.com/r/1ZW It's also worth noting how Sennheiser is handling the current FCC spectrum Reallocation https://www.crutchfield.com/r/1ZX [ Jeff Jul 02, 2018 ] Staff