PowerVision PowerRay Wizard
Underwater drone with FPV goggles, Wi-Fi® fish finder, and bait drop
From PowerVision: PowerRay Quick Tips
From PowerVision: PowerRay Under Water Drone
From PowerVision: PowerRay Wizard Under Water Drone
Our take on the PowerVision PowerRay Wizard by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The PowerVision PowerRay Wizard package comes with all the accessories you'll need for an underwater adventure.
Get ready for fun-derwater adventure
Crutchfield has carried plenty of drones that let you explore the sky. The PowerVision PowerRay is our first underwater drone that lets you do the same with ponds, lakes, and seashores. It's a highly maneuverable submersible with a 4K camera on board, so you can have a look around the nearest body of water without getting your shoes wet.
The drone is always tethered to the included base station with a 230-foot, 12-pin communication cable. The included remote controller communicates wirelessly with the base station. Stream live 1080p video over Wi-Fi® to your iOS® or Android™ mobile device using PowerVision's free app.
Get a first-person view
A pair of ZEISS VR ONE Plus goggles are included with the drone, so you can see exactly what it sees as it navigates the depths. The goggles support mobile devices with screen sizes from 4.7" to 5.5", so you can use a compatible smartphone as an immersive viewscreen.
A fisherman's friend
Maybe you want to catch a couple of fish for dinner, but you have to find them first, right? The PowerRay Wizard package includes a detachable PowerSeeker fish finder with 295-foot Wi-Fi® range. The free mobile app displays detailed information on fish distribution, underwater temperature, depth, underwater landscape, and sends alerts when fish are detected. Plus, a remote bait drop function lets you use the PowerRay to sink your hook exactly where you want it.
- underwater drone with 4K Ultra HD camera
- 95° field of view
- 1/2.3" CMOS image processor
- 64 GB internal memory
- detachable PowerSeeker fish finder with 295-foot Wi-Fi range
- magnetic bait drop
- included ZEISS VR ONE Plus goggles support mobile devices with screen sizes between 4.7" and 5.5"
- base station and wireless remote controller
- 230-foot communication cable
- battery charger
- PowerSeeker charging cable
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 10-5/8"W x 5"H x 18-5/16"D
- weight: 8.37 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- PowerRay underwater drone
- Base station
- VR Goggles
- PowerSeeker Fishfinder
- 233' Communication cable
- Bait drop line
- Mobile device cradle
- AC power adapter
- 4' AC power cord
- 14" USB charging cable
- Carry case
- 2 Head-straps (for goggles)
- Quick Start Guide
- "In The Box" booklet
- Disclaimer & Safety Instructions
- Warranty & Maintenance Manual
PowerRay Wizard Underwater Drone: PowerVision's PowerRay Wizard is an innovative underwater drone designed for today's recreational fishing enthusiasts and casual hobbyists. It can be used in freshwater, saltwater, or ice fishing - and delivers a thrilling and effortless fish finding experience. The PowerRay Wizard drone utilizes a depth sensor (hydrostatic pressure sensor) and can dive as deep as 30 meters or 98' underwater. Its sonar system can detect fish up to 40 meters or 131' below the underwater drone, making the total diving depth up to 70 meters or 230' with precision up to 10 centimeters or 3.9".
- Depth Capacity & Accuracy: 98' / 30 meters (+/-10cm)
- Max Cruse Speed: 3Kn (1.5m/s) in still water
- Max Sailing Time: 4 hrs (still water/light use), 1.5 hrs (still water/low speed mode), 0.5 hrs (still water/high speed mode)
Note: The PowerRay Wizard does not float and does not utilize GPS.
High Resolution Camera w/ LED Lights: The PowerVision PowerRay Wizard features an integrate high-resolution camera with a 1/2.3" CMOS image sensor and 95° FOV, capable of recording Ultra-HD 4K videos and 12MP still images. Built-in LED lights (3W x 2) with a 6500K color temperature provide up to 450 of lumens for excellent videos and pictures underwater. Video & still images are captured on the PowerRay Wizard's built-in 64GB memory.
- Videos: You can choose to record video in 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 25fps), 1440P (2560 x 1440 @ 50 fps), or FHD (1920 x 1080 @ 30 or 60 fps).
- Photos: You can choose to take pictures at 12M (400 x 3000 in 4:3), 8M (3840 x 2160 in 16:9), or 5M (2560 x 1920 in 4:3). You can also select shooting modes (1/3/5 frames) and ISO settings (Auto/100/200/400/800/1600).
Note: You can download your recorded videos and photos from the PowerRay Wizard's built-in 64GB memory to your Windows or Mac computer using PowerView-PC 18.104.22.168 or PowerView-Mac 1.8.4, and connecting the PowerRay Wizard to your computer via WiFi. It is also possible to have records pictures and video downloaded using the Vision+ App on your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device.
Base Station: The included Base Station connects to the PowerRay Wizard underwater drone via the supplied 233' (70 meter) communication cable. The Base Station uses built-in WiFi for communication with the included Remote Controller, VR Goggles, and your Apple iOS or Android device running the Vision+ App (wireless range up to 262' or 80 meters).
Remote Controller: The included Remote Controller operates the PowerRay Wizard underwater drone wirelessly through the Base Station. The Remote Controller sends commands to the Base Station over WiFi (up to 262' or 80 meters); those commands travel from the Base Station to the PowerRay Wizard through the 233' (70 meter) communication cable. You'll be able to easily operate the PowerRay Wizard through the remote controller. Controllable functions include maneuvering the underwater drone, LED light adjustment, speed adjustment, underwater photography & videography, precision remote bait drop, fixed depth, and more.
Mobile Device Cradle: The included mobile device cradle allows your Apple iOS or Android device to be mounted to the remote controller for use with the Vision+ App, giving you live-view and real-time positioning. The cradle fits Apple iOS and Android devices that measure 1.5" to 5.25" tall in landscape mode.
Vision+ App: Using the Vision+ App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can view real-time video and positioning in 720p/25fps or 1080p/30fps captured by PowerRay Wizard's integrated camera on a compatible iOS or Android mobile devices (up to 32.8'/10 meters from the Base Station). You'll also receive fish-identifying images, underwater data, and alerts through the app on your mobile device. In addition, you will be able select travel mode, speed, and light settings, as well as operate the integrated 4K UHD camera functions for underwater photography and videography - all through the Vision+ App on your Apple iOS or Android device.
VR Goggles: The PowerRay Wizard also comes with PowerVision VR Goggles to provide a thrilling underwater view through virtual reality technology, using the Vision+ App and your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device with the Vision+ App gets docked into the VR Goggles. With gravity and gesture recognition capabilities from the Visions+ App, the PowerVision VR Goggles and your mobile device allow you to interact with and manipulate the PowerRay Wizard underwater via head tilting. You can also control left and right turns, as well as up and down movements with head gestures.
PowerSeeker FishFinder: The included PowerSeeker FishFinder is easy to install to the PowerRay Wizard underwater drone and can be detached as a stand-alone fish finding device. The PowerSeeker FishFinder will automatically turn on when its charging port touches the water, and will turn off one minute after leaving the water. The PowerSeeker FishFinder utilizes sonar to detect fish with precision and sends images of fish and underwater landscape, temperature data, as well as alerts to users through internal WiFi to enable fishermen to make spontaneous decisions. The PowerRay Wizard FishFinder also includes an internal fish luring light with a hue of blue. Detailed information on fish distribution, underwater temperature, depth, underwater landscape, and fish alerts are all available on the mobile app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 5.0+.
Note: The data from the PowerSeeker FishFinder currently cannot be exported (PowerVision is developing a future firmware update that will allow export of this data - no ETA).
Precision Remote Bait Drop: The PowerRay Wizard comes with a remotely operated precision remote Bait Drop, so you can place your fish hook at a desired location. Once you have located fish, the PowerRay Wizard's precision Bait Drop function can be utilized to lure them closer. You can secure baits and operate the PowerRay Wizard drone to deliver the bait precisely to the desired location, as well as monitor and control the entire fishing experience through the real-time viewing in the Vision+ App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Tie the Bait Drop to the fishing line of your rod, placing the hook at the end. Attach the Bait Drop to the PowerRay Wizard and maneuver to the selected location where you wish to fish.
- Press the Bait Drop button (in the center of the remote controller, under the speed switch) to release the bait. The sinker will drop, taking the hook with it. Then, simply wait for the fish to be drawn in.
Rechargeable LiPo Batteries: The PowerRay Wizard underwater drone, Base Station, and Remote Controller are all powered by a rechargeable LiPo battery. The batteries of the PowerRay Wizard, Base Station, and Remote Controller can be charged using the included AC power adapter. You can check battery levels through the Vision+ App on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- The PowerRay Wizard underwater drone utilizes a 6400mAh LiPo battery that can last up to 4 hours. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge the PowerRay Wizard.
- The Base Station uses a 3000mAh LiPo battery that lasts up to 3 hours. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge the Base Station.
- The Remote Controller features a 3000mAh LiPo battery that can operate continuously for up to 20 hours. It takes approximately 3.5 hours to fully charge the remote controller.
Registration & Activation: Before you can begin exploring with the PowerRay Wizard, it's necessary to register with the Vision+ app and activate the PowerRay Wizard under-water drone. The steps below will guide you through registration and activation, so you can start diving as soon as possible.
- Step For Registration:
- Download the Vision+ App onto your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device, and make sure that your device is connected to a WiFi network.
- Launch the Vision+ app and select the button at the lower right corner of the screen labeled "REGISTER". Provide an email address and press "GET CODE". A verification code will be sent to the email address you provides. If you do not receive this email, try checking your spam folder. It may take some time to receive the email.
- Once you have received the code, you can log into the Vision+ app. You can change your password and make other adjustments to your account in "Settings".
- Steps For Activation:
- Close the Vision+ app and launch it again. You should receive a notification reading "Activate Immediately". Press "Activate", and when prompted, press "Confirm".
- Without closing the app, switch to your device's WiFi settings and connect to your home WiFi network. Return to the Vision+ app. When prompted, press "Confirm". The PowerRay Wizard will then be activated automatically. Return to your device's WiFi settings and connect to the network "PRA_station_xxxxx".
- When your mobile device has successfully connected to the PowerRay Wizard Base Station's WiFi network, you will receive a notification reading, "Device is Connected". Press "Start Diving" and enjoy the underwater exploration.
Maintaining The PowerRay Wizard: Even though the PowerRay Wizard is designed to swim underwater, it is not good if water gets inside the device. The connectors are very fragile, and even a small amount of water can cause serious damage. Here are some essential tips to keep the PowerRay Wizard operating at its best.
- When you screw in the cord attaching the PowerRay Wizard to the base station, always ensure that it is screwed in very tightly. When you unscrew the cable from the PowerRay Wizard after a dive, cover it with the protective case so that water does not get into the connectors.
- Always dive in open water, avoiding underwater plants, such as seaweed. Never throw the PowerRay Wizard into the water; instead, gently immerse it, starting downward from the LED lights.
- After each immersion, dry the PowerRay Wizard off thoroughly. To avoid damage, do not store the device in the suitcase after swimming without drying it off first.
- Keep the base station and the remote controller away from water. Never touch the motors while they are spinning
Carry Case: The PowerVision PowerRay Wizard comes with a carry case for the underwater drone and all its included accessories. The carry case feature a carry handle, as well as wheels and telescoping handle for easy transport. The interior is foam padded for extra protection. It features a zippered closure with a 3-digit passcode lock.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.