On-Q lyriQ™ Studio Design High Performance Keypad
Amplified in-wall controller for lyriQ multi-room audio systems (Light Almond)
Our take on the On-Q lyriQ™ Studio Design High Performance Keypad by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
Expand your lyriQ system
Ready to add another room of tunes to your On-Q lyriQ whole-house music system? This in-wall amplified keypad provides 20 watts of power per channel — perfect for background music through a pair of in-ceiling speakers. Its backlit buttons give you easy system control. It even has a built-in IR (infrared) sensor so you can use a compatible remote control from across the room.
- amplified in-wall controller for lyriQ multi-room audio systems
- built-in Class D amplifier with 20 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms
- connects to lyriQ system via CAT-6 Ethernet cable
- power on/off, select sources, and change volume from front-panel controls
- buttons are back-lit for easy visibility
- built-in IR sensor for use with On-Q or universal remote
- standard single-gang junction box required for installation
- EZ-RJ45 connections are recommended for termination
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Mounting plate
- Cosmetic cover plate
- Two 3/4" Phillips-head screws
- Two 1/4" Phillips-head counter-sunk screws
- Installation instructions
- Quickstart guide
Overview: The lyriQ Studio AU5010 High Performance Keypad is an integral part of the On-Q multi-room system. When combined with other essential components such as a Source Input Unit, Distribution Module, speakers, and your source equipment (receiver, cd player, etc.), you can create a versatile whole-house audio system that will fill your rooms with high quality sound. It uses Cat 5 wire to distribute audio signals, control information, and IR for remote control. The keypad includes two onboard 20 watt per channel class D amplifiers that can provide full, clean sound, even in larger rooms. The AU5010 is designed for indoor use only.
Controls: The front panel of the AU5010 includes the following controls:
- Power/Standby: Used to power the connected speakers On and Off, this button is backlit with red LEDs that light when the unit is in Standby.
- Mute: This button will mute the sound when pressed in and is backlit red when Mute is on.
- Volume +/-: These two buttons raise/lower the volume and include 6 blue LEDs above the buttons as a visual reference for the volume level.
- IR Sensor: Below the Volume buttons is an infra red sensor window for receiving IR signals from a compatible remote, such as the AU1060.
- Source: Toggles through each of the available sources.
- Source LEDs: Six blue LEDs (1 - 4, L, and i) represent the selected Source.
- Whole House Button: When this is activated, all functions performed on the local keypad such as Volume, Mute, Source selection, etc. are simultaneously activated on all active keypads in the system.
Connections: The rear of the AU5010 includes the following:
- Power (TB1): Includes 4 spring-loaded terminals, 2 for Power and 2 for Ground, that get run from a Power Distribution Module (sold separately). Recommended wire is 16/4 with two lines for power and two lines for ground (Power Distribution Module output jacks are 4-terminal as well).
- Ethernet (J1): A standard RJ45 jack is used for running both 2-channel audio and control signals in from a Zone Distribution Module (sold separately).
- Speaker Out (TB2): This wiring block includes 4 spring loaded terminals for Left and Right speaker outputs. Terminals are designed to accommodate up to 14 ga. speaker wire.
- Line Out (TB3): Two spring-loaded terminals are provided to run to a powered subwoofer. The signal outputted from here is a summed mono signal that's been low-passed at 80 Hz and is non-amplified. Terminals can accommodate wire up to 14 ga.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.