4" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems (White)
Our take on the Atlas PM4FA by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A sound solution for high ceilings
In a room with high ceilings, standard speakers may not give ideal coverage. This 4" pendant speaker from Atlas offers a 90° dispersion pattern with excellent off-axis performance, so customers seated below hear music and announcements clearly. A built-in 70-volt transformer is tapped at 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts, providing flexibility for large and small distributed audio systems. Cable suitable for suspending the speaker from the ceiling is included.
Get a free system design
- 4" polypropylene cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
- coaxially mounted dome tweeter
- single-point mounting system allows speaker to be securely suspended from above
- handles up to 25 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- 70-volt transformer taps at 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts
- 8-ohm bypass allows use with consumer audio receivers and amplifiers
- 90° dispersion pattern with 65° off-axis performance for broad sound coverage in large rooms with high ceilings
- 9.8-foot cable suitable for hanging speaker is included
- 13-7/8" high x 9-1/2" diameter
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
Atlas PM4FA Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||0.75|
|System Frequency response||70-20k|
|Power rating||25 watts|
|Peak Power rating||N|
Overview: The Atlas Sound PM4FA-B is a pendant-mount speaker system, equipped with a Model FA134 high-performance 4" Strategy Series driver. It's the same driver used in the FAP42T in-ceiling speaker. The PM4FA-B is ideal for both music and paging applications. The speaker is mounted in an attractive down-firing enclosure, designed for low-height installations.
Driver: The Model FA134 speaker has a 4" polypropylene cone with Butyl Rubber surround, and a coaxially-mounted PEI Dome tweeter. The speaker provides 130° (65° off-axis) coverage (2kHz octave band). In the enclosure, the PM4FA-B has a 90° dispersion.
Transformer: The speaker is equipped with a 70V 16-watt transformer with a hidden screw terminal block for bare wire or spade lugs. It has primary taps of 1, 2, 4, 8, and 16 watts, as well as an 8Ω bypass.
Installation: The PM4FA-B pendant-mount speaker comes with a 3-meter length of 2mm cable with a self-gripping ferrule system for open beam installation. For down pipe installation from hard ceiling material, any 3/4"-diameter ceiling fan installation kit may be utilized.
- Speaker Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20kHz
- Power Handling: 25 watts RMS
- Sensitivity: 88dB (1W/1M)
- Dispersion: 130° (90° in enclosure)
- Dimensions: Diameter=9.25" Overall Height=2.875"
- Assembly Net Weight: 13 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I like the design of it. It is aesthetically pleasing and it present a great sound. Great product! [ JACOB Sep 19, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Not in a location where it can be seen, no. You can see the "ISO9001" and "UL" certification badges on the "Specs" pages of the owner's manual. You can download a copy of the manual by clicking the link for it just under the "What's in the Box?" heading on the speaker's main webpage. [ Ryan Jul 26, 2017 ] Staff
Looking for more? Check out the next model in this lineup.
Frequently Compared With
4" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems
6" in-ceiling 2-way speaker for distributed audio systems
8" pendant speaker for distributed audio systems$230.99 each
8" commercial in-ceiling speakers