Sony Alpha FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS
Super telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Item # 158E1H4HGM | MFR # SEL100400GM
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Sony Alpha FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Perfect for sports and wildlife shooters, Sony's 100-400mm G Master super telephoto zoom lens lets you capture distant action with outstanding image quality. This versatile lens has the optics, performance, and portability to support even the most demanding professional working needs.
Sample photo taken with Sony Alpha FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS
Great photos anywhere, anytime, rain or shine
Great for outdoor photography in any season, the lens's dust- and moisture-resistant construction means that if the weather takes a turn, you won't have to pack it in until you're ready. Its focal range and f/4-f/5.6 maximum aperture let you play up your subject by compressing and blurring the background, making it an excellent choice for portraits and close-ups in addition to sports and wildlife photography.
Stay focused on important details
Sony's quiet double linear motors ensure fast, precise focus for smooth video rendering and responsiveness during continuous still shooting. Once you've acquired your target, the focus hold button lets you lock the focus where you want it.
Keep it steady
Sony's optical image stabilization works in two ways to give you crisp photos and smooth videos in all kinds of different scenes and lighting conditions. Option one ensures sharp handheld images at longer focal lengths, slower shutter speeds, or in low light. Option two is a panning mode switch that compensates for subjects moving horizontally across the image plane.
- 100-400mm f/4-5.6 telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 100-400mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 150-600mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Nano AR coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and 1 Super ED element for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- focus hold button for added control
- DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) and double linear motor work together for rapid, precise focusing
- zoom torque adjustment for fast or slow zooming
- minimum focus distance: 3.22'
- minimum aperture: f/40
- lens construction: 16 elements in 22 groups
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- lens is 3-3/4" in diameter and 8-1/8" long
- weight: 49.3 oz. without tripod mount
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, tripod mount, soft storage pouch
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Fantastic lens. Been using for a couple of weeks now. Very good quality. Fast auto focus. Connected to my Sony A7 ii. Best Lens I've owned to date. Crutcfield shipped very quickly. Will definitely order from them on my next electronic purchase
Bob, Gahanna, OH
Sony Alpha FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):