Sonos Beam 3.1 Home Theater System
Includes Sonos Beam with built-in Amazon Alexa and Sonos Sub (White)
Sonos Beam 3.1 Home Theater System - Wirelessly connects with all Sonos products (available separately, smartphone not included)
Our take on the Sonos Beam 3.1 Home Theater System by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Big TV sound and Amazon Alexa
The Sonos Beam 3.1 home theater system delivers great TV sound in a convenient and compact setup. It features the new Sonos Beam sound bar and a wireless Sonos Sub for deep bass. You can stream music from online music services, internet radio stations, or your computer. Plus, the Beam has Amazon Alexa built-in. So you can operate the system, other Sonos speakers, and all your Alexa-compatible devices just by talking to the Beam.
The Beam connects to your TV's HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port with an included cable. If your TV doesn't have this kind of HDMI connection, Sonos has included an adapter cable for connecting to your television's optical digital output. The powered Sub connects wirelessly, so you can place it anywhere in the room that's close to a wall outlet.
Voice commands get the music flowing
The Beam has a five-mic array with noise cancellation to ensure Alexa clearly hears your commands — even if the action movie soundtrack is cranking. And an LED indicator lets you know when the mic's off for privacy. A responsive chime lets you know Alexa's listening and has heard your commands.
Selecting music to play is now easier than ever. Tell Alexa to mix and match from Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, and more. And of course, you can control even more music features through the Sonos app on your smartphone or tablet.
Control other devices with your voice
The Beam lets you access many of the services Alexa has to offer. Start by downloading the free Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone to set up your “skills.” These are the services you can direct Alexa to access. It includes information sites, popular smart home brands such as Nest and Wemo®, sports sites, and more.
Once complete, your Beam and Alexa are ready to serve you. Just tell it what you want, such as "Alexa, ask NETGEAR to enable guest network."
Voice, touch, and app commands together
Control your Beam any way you like. Tell Alexa to play a track. Pause it with your smartphone. Start it playing again with the speaker's top-mounted control buttons. You have total control of the Beam, even when you're not in the room.
Expand to any (or every) room
Your Beam can be part of a larger multi-room audio system. Place Sonos players like the Sonos One, Play:1, or the larger Play:3 or Play:5, in every room where you want to listen to music. You can set up the players to work on your existing Wi-Fi® network. Or, you can connect any Sonos speaker to your network router, and Sonos will create its own dedicated wireless network for even better performance. You can also use a Boost to create this network if you can't place a speaker near your router.
And with your Beam sound bar as part of a Sonos multi-room system, you can send sound from your connected TV to other Sonos speakers all around your house.
Trueplay speaker tuning for optimal sound
If you use your Sonos control app on an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®, you can use it to fine-tune the Beam with Sonos's handy
Which music services work with Alexa?
Here's the list of music services you can control with Alexa (updated June 2018):
- Spotify® (Premium account required)
- Amazon Music
- communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi® or a dedicated Sonosnet™ 2.0 wireless network
- control your Sonos system with your iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™ device, or computer with the free Sonos app
- Sonos Control App:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ smartphones and tablets, Windows® PCs, and Mac® computers
- play the same song on multiple Sonos speakers, or have different music playing on each one
- Trueplay automatically adjusts Sonos speakers to your room for optimum performance
- Trueplay currently works with iOS® devices only
- stream internet radio stations
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV files
- plays personalized internet radio stations from Pandora
- plays songs from subscription streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Rhapsody, TIDAL, and more
- plays music and podcasts directly from compatible smartphones
- Apple AirPlay® lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad
- plays streaming internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- plays programming from SiriusXM Internet Radio — subscription required
- add two more Sonos speakers (not included) for wireless 5.1 surround sound
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a Class-D digital amplifier (1 tweeter, 4 full-range woofers)
- 3 passive radiators
- connects to your TV's HDMI ARC port via an included cable
- accepts Dolby® Digital and 2-channel PCM audio signals
- optical digital audio adapter included as secondary connection option
- stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- Ethernet port for wired connection to your home network (Ethernet cable included)
- built-in array of 5 far-field microphones
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music playback
- select which Sonos speakers to play
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- 25-5/8"W x 3-15/16"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 6.2 lbs.
- two force-canceling woofers for deep, rich bass and zero cabinet buzz or rattle
- two Class-D amplifiers perfectly match the woofers and acoustic architecture
- dual acoustic ports for enhanced bass performance
- automatically adjust audio settings to balance the SUB with your existing Sonos players
- Ethernet jack
- 15-7/8"W x 15-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D