Harman Kardon Omni 10
Compact wireless powered speaker (Black)
From Harman Kardon: Controller App
From Harman Kardon: Omni Wireless Music System
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the Harman Kardon Omni 10 by Crutchfield's David Brown
The Harman Kardon Omni 10 offers easy music streaming and big sound in a compact wireless speaker (shown in Black)
Eyebrow-raising wireless performance
Before it even makes a sound, the Harman Kardon Omni 10 is going to attract attention from guests. "What's that Magic 8-ball thing over there?" It's the perfect opening to pull out your smartphone and start playing music through this remarkable little wireless speaker. Better yet, start playing your music through multiple Omni speakers and watch your friends' eyes light up as your home is suddenly filled with music.
Excellent sound in every room
The Omni 10 is all about getting more music into more rooms. It's also about detailed sound with lots of punch, as we found out when this compact speaker wowed us in our first demo listening session. Its robust output and full sound caught us by surprise. The Omni 10's clear detail is just what we've come to expect from Harman Kardon. We also love that it can play high-resolution music up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Easy wireless setup and operation
The Omni 10 uses your existing home Wi-Fi® network, so it's easy to set up in just a few minutes. Once you're connected, you can stream music wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet. Send tunes to a single speaker or multiple speakers throughout your home over Wi-Fi.
Press the Omni 10's "Link" button and it comes alive with music, so your tunes follow you from room to room (shown in White).
Stream audio from any app with Bluetooth®
While most wireless music systems rely solely on Wi-Fi for music streaming, the Omni 10 takes things a big step further. It has Bluetooth on board, which lets you stream audio from any app on your phone or tablet. Any song you can play on your device can be played wirelessly through this speaker. Have apps for Spotify®, Pandora®, Google Play, and other music services? Stream them all via Bluetooth, with no restrictions. You can even stream from YouTube™ or audio from a video game — there are practically no limits. You can also send that Bluetooth stream to other Harman Kardon Omni speakers and components.
Easy control with your phone or tablet
Your smartphone or tablet isn't just your music source — it's also the remote. Download the free Harman Kardon Controller app to your Apple or Android device. Then you can choose songs stored on your device, control music playback and volume, and group speakers together for playing over multiple Omni devices in different rooms. The app's colorful, intuitive interface makes multi-room music easy and enjoyable.
Add music to another room... without touching your smartphone
On the top of the Omni 10, there's a large button with a slash. That's the "Link" button, and it offers some very cool features. Let's say you're listening to music in the kitchen on an Omni 10 speaker. As you move into the living room, you want the music to follow you. Simply walk up to your other Omni 10 speaker, press the Link button, and the speaker will start playing the same music currently playing in the kitchen in perfect synchronization. Press and hold the Link button, and every Omni speaker in your home will come to life with that song.
Check out more Harman Kardon wireless products
Design your whole-home music system with the Omni 10 and these other members of the Omni family:
Trying to fill a large room with sound? Check out the larger Harman Kardon Omni 20.
Want to add Omni functionality to your existing stereo or home theater system? Check out the Harman Kardon Adapt.
- built-in 1-3/8" tweeter and 3-1/2" woofer powered by dedicated 25-watt amplifiers
- rear-firing passive 3-1/2" bass radiator improves low-frequency response
- built-in Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Harman Kardon Omni devices
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to stream music and audio from any app on your smartphone or tablet
- send Bluetooth streams to a single speaker or multiple speakers from your device
- free Harman Kardon Controller app for Apple and Android devices offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player) for up to six Omni devices on a network
- "Link" button lets you start playing music in a second room or activate "party mode" to stream to all rooms
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone or tablet
- file compatibility for Wi-Fi streaming from a smartphone or tablet: MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV; Android devices can also play FLAC, WMA, and OGG Vorbis
- supports playback of high-resolution digital files (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm input for connecting an iPod or other portable music player; music can be streamed to other Omni devices
- configure two Omni 10 speakers for stereo playback
- top-panel volume and playback (play/pause) buttons
- threaded inserts for installing on compatible wall-mounts and stands
- AC adapter included
- frequency response: 52-20,000 Hz
- 7-1/16"W x 6-1/2"H x 6-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi router and an Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
What's in the Box:
- Wireless loudspeaker
- AC power supply (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 6' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Quick & easy setup, excellent clarity and sound for the size. Perfect for smaller rooms.
Harman Kardon Omni 10 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Omni 10 Wireless Loudspeaker: The Harman/Kardon Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker is part of Harman/Kardon's wireless HD audio system. The Omni 10 offers built-in Bluetooth & WiFi technology so you can wirelessly stream your music to the speaker and the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system. You can control your streamed music from your smartphone or tablet with the Harman Kardon Controller App (available for Apple iOS and Android).
Harman/Kardon Wireless HD Audio System: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system is a premium suite of audio products designed to wirelessly fill your home with beautiful, high-definition sound. Start with any combination of the Omni 10, Omni 20, or Adapt units and expand your system at any time to create seamless multi-room audio using your home wireless network and the Harman/Kardon Controller App.
Two-Way Speaker/Passive Radiator Design: The Harman/Kardon Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker features a two-way driver design with a single 1.375" tweeter and 3.5" midrange/midbass woofer. Each driver is powered by its own discrete 25W amplifier. In addition, the Omini 10 speaker utilizes a rear-firing 3.5" passive radiator for bigger bass response from a compact speaker. The Omni 10 offers a frequency response of 52Hz to 20kHz. It fills your room with crisp sound thanks to Harman's expertise in audio technology. The Omni 10 speaker is designed to fill small to medium sized rooms.
Built-in WiFi + BlackFire: The Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker and the Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system features built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's network router. The system's built-in WiFi employs a special BlackFire protocol, which allows it to handle up to 24-bit/96kHz high resolution music files with ease. The Omni 10 offers a WPS button for simple one-button setup to your wireless network router which also supports WPS. If your router doesn't support WPS, then you can us the Harman/Kardon Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device to setup a wireless network connection between the H/K wireless HD audio system and your WiFi router.
HD Audio Streaming: Unlike many other wireless streaming systems that only support standard-definition music streaming, the H/K Omni 10 and H/K wireless HD audio system supports up to 24-bit/96kHz high-definition audio streaming for a superior audio experience; higher resolution than even CD (16-bit/44.1kHz). The H/K wireless HD audio system supports music files such as MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV.
Variety of Sources: With the H/K wireless HD audio system, you can listen to a wide variety of music sources on the Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker and other wireless HD audio speakers throughout your home. You'll be able to access music stored on your smartphone or tablet, listen to integrated online music services, stream Bluetooth audio, and connect an aux device.
- Music Library On Your Mobile Device: Using the Harman/Kardon Controller app, you can stream your stored music library on your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) smartphone/tablet to the Omni 10 speaker and the rest of your H/K wireless HD audio system.
- Integrated Online Music Services: The Omni 10 wireless speaker and H/K wireless HD audio system offers the following built-in online music services - Deezer (coming soon to US) and MixRadio; more services will be available in the future.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Omni 10 wireless speaker also offers built-in Bluetooth technology for point-to-point wireless audio streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled devices; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, Blackberry, and more. The Omni 10 can even re-stream the same song being played via Bluetooth to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
- Aux Input: In addition to wireless connectivity, the Omni 10 speaker offers a 3.5mm auxiliary input for a wired connection of audio devices which feature a headphone jack or analog output. The Omni 10 can even re-stream the same song being played through the auxiliary input to the rest of your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system through its WiFi network connection.
Speaker & Room Setup: The Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system supports up to six speakers around your home which can be played individually, or linked together.
- Speaker Configuration: You can configure up to six speakers in six different rooms or you can place two Omni 10 speakers together in the same room and link them together for 2-channel stereo sound. You can even link as many as six speakers in one room for 6-channel stereo. Future software and firmware updates will support more multi-channel configurations like 5.1ch surround sound.
- Group Rooms: You are able to conveniently group multiple speakers and rooms into a single playback zone (group). When you stream music to a zone or group, all speakers and rooms in that zone (group) will play together.
Harman/Kardon Controller App: Download the Harman/Kardon Controller app (from the Apple App Store or GooglePlay Store) onto your Apple iOS (6.0+) or Android (3.0+) device to control the Omni 10 speaker and your Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio system from your smartphone or tablet. The H/K Controller app provides an easy-to-use interface for streaming all your music to your system. You'll be able to choose what music is being streamed and where it is being played. From the app, you can stream different songs in each room, group rooms together, or activate Party Mode and play the same track throughout every speaker in your home. You'll have access to music stored on your smartphone and built-in music apps with the H/K Controller app. The app will allow you to browse music by artist, song, album, genre, etc.; plus view song and artist information with album art.
Volume & Playback Controls: There are two ways to control the volume on the Omni 10 speaker system. The first can be done by directly controlling the volume from the speaker's top-panel controls. The second, is through the H/K Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device. You can also mute the speaker from its top-panel controls or the app. In addition, Play/Pause functions can be done directly from the speaker's top-panel controls or from the app on your smartphone/tablet device. The H/K Controller app also lets you skip to beginning of the next song.
Playlists: You can create your own playlist from your mobile device's music library for each Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio speaker in your system setup using the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Link Button & Party Mode: The Link button on the top of every Harman/Kardon wireless HD speaker & adapter lets you take your music from room to room with a single touch. Say you're listening to the Omni 10 speaker in one room and you walk into another room with another Harman/Kardon wireless HD audio speaker or adapter. Just press the Link button on top of the unit and your music follows you from room to room. And if you want to fill your entire home with sound, just press and hold the Link button to activate "Party Mode" to play the same song through every Harman/Kardon wireless HD speaker & adapter throughout your home. These same functions can also be done through the H/K Controller app on your smartphone or tablet.
Table-Top Mounting: The H/K Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker is designed to be placed on a flat surface; such as a table, desk, shelf, or piece of AV furniture.
AC Power + Auto Standby: The H/K Omni 10 wireless loudspeaker has been designed for use with 100-240 volt, 50/60 Hz AC current, using the included AC power supply. To conserve electricity, the Omni 10 will automatically enter Standby mode after approximately 10 minutes, if no audio is playing and no buttons are pressed.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Using it to receive audio from HK Adapt over WiFi. [ ashley Oct 27, 2016 ]
They have great sound [ Linda May 03, 2016 ]
Price (sale) and sound quality [ E Apr 08, 2016 ]
A wedding gift for my son. I bought one Omni 20 for their living room and one Omni 10 for the bedroom. That should give the young couple a nice sound system for their apartment. The reviews were glowing, so I chose them (also the sale price was very good). Love Crutchfield. [ HAROLD Apr 06, 2016 ]
There aren't many wireless speakers on the market in this price range that are powered. The portable battery powered speakers just can't match the sound of a powered speaker. This speaker sounds excellent, and can be connected through bluetooth if you don't want to mess with HK's proprietary app. [ JERRY Dec 19, 2015 ]
Loved the design and the price. Was terribly disappointed by the iphone App though (needed for WiFi streaming) and had to return the product. [ Matt Apr 08, 2016 ]
4 questions already asked
I would contact Harman Kardon directly. They have great customer service. I had to contact them regarding my speaker and they were very professional and diligent. [ michele Jan 18, 2017 ]
I don't. The bottom is flat and sits stably as it is. Admittedly the stand would add an esthetic aspect. [ BOBBY D Jan 16, 2017 ]
The Omni 10 could connect to Internet Radio: Integrated Online Music Services: The Omni 10 wireless speaker and H/K wireless HD audio system offers the following built-in online music services - Deezer (coming soon to US) and MixRadio; more services will be available in the future. Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Omni 10 wireless speaker also offers built-in Bluetooth technology for point-to-point wireless audio streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled devices; such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, Blackberry, and more. There is also an Aux Input for connecting to an external device. [ Jeff Dec 01, 2015 ] Staff
Yes it will [ David Nov 16, 2015 ]
The Polk Omni should work with your iTunes playlists as long as it feeds through the Omni App installed on your iPOD. I have had issues at times with copyright errors on certain songs or albums but they are very few and far between. [ DANIEL L Nov 14, 2015 ]
Yes. Sonos play one works with iTunes playlists [ Charles Nov 13, 2015 ]
iTunes playlists work with the Poll Audio Omni system [ CJ Nov 13, 2015 ]
I can only say with authority that the Polk Audio Omni S2 will work with both. However, you will have to install Supplementary apps on your IPHONE, IPad and Windows 7 OS (older versions of Windows are not supported). [ kevin Nov 13, 2015 ]
The Omni works with iTunes playlists. [ GARRETT Nov 13, 2015 ]
It works very well with the Sonos systems. [ Thomas Nov 13, 2015 ]
Yes with an audio in/out cabel not sure the app would work on the computer. Can also stream from any bluetooth for no wires. [ COASTAL EXOTICS Apr 24, 2015 ]
I use it with my iPod, so I'm sure you can. [ BOBBY D Apr 24, 2015 ]