Waterproof portable Bluetooth® speaker (Black)
From JBL: Boombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black)
Item # 109BOOMBOX | MFR # JBLBOOMBOXBLKAM
$449.99 Earn up to 450 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the JBL Boombox by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
‘Round the clock party machine
The Boombox has dual USB charging ports for your devices (smartphone and tablet not included).
This is one Bluetooth speaker that won't shut down before the party ends. The big, bad JBL Boombox can deliver up to 24 hours of non-stop music. And the Boombox is completely waterproof, so feel free to party poolside, at the beach, or on the slopes. With its four active drivers and massive side-firing passive bass radiators, the Boombox ensures your music will be heard in the great outdoors. Plus it has dual USB charging ports, so your smartphone and/or tablet can keep the music coming.
Big sound indoors and out
JBL says the Boombox produces “monster sound,” and they're not kidding. The Boombox features two 4” woofers for solid midrange, and two 3/4” tweeters for crisp, clean highs. Dual side-firing passive radiators reinforce the low frequencies, for hard-hitting bass. Thanks to JBL's advanced digital signal processing, the Boombox can project rich, full sound without distortion.
Bluetooth for one — or more
Stream music wirelessly from any smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth to the Boombox. You can even pair it with two devices simultaneously so you and a friend can take turns being the DJ.
Download JBL's free control app to your Apple® or Android™ device, and you have even more options. Create your own impromptu sound system by wirelessly connecting two or more JBL Connect-enabled speakers — like the Xtreme.
Speakerphone and Voice Assist
When you receive a call on your paired phone, the Boombox turns into a speakerphone. Its built-in microphone uses SoundClear® technology to minimize echo and filter out ambient noise so you and your caller can hear each other easily.
Press the Voice Assist button, and access your smartphone's voice command program. Then you can use Siri® with your iPhone®, or Google Now with your Android™ smartphone just by speaking into the Boombox.
- two 4" woofers, two 3/4" tweeters and dual side-firing passive bass radiators
- maximum power: 60 watts (2 x 30 watts)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming near-CD-quality music from your smartphone or tablet
- JBL Connect app
- free download from Apple® iTunes® app store and Google Play
- pair two JBL Boomboxes speakers for two-channel stereo
- wirelessly connect over 100 Boomboxes or other JBL Connect+ enabled speakers for simultaneous playback
- control volume and adjust EQ settings
- IPX7-rated waterproof down to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes
- can be paired with 2 Bluetooth sources simultaneously
- built-in microphone with SoundClear echo and noise cancellation for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- 20,000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 24 hours
- AC charging cable included
- 19-1/2"W x 10-1/16"H x 7-5/8"D
- 11.57 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 43" DC cord)
- 4' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
Loud with quality sound, love it for by the pool. Need to get a carrying case for it so it doesn't get damaged when I take it everywhere I go!!!
Anonymous, Peoria, AZ
JBL Boombox Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|NFC Touch Pairing||No|
Full-Range JBL Sound: The JBL Boombox Bluetooth speaker utilizes two 0.75" tweeters and dual 4" woofers powered by a built-in 60W (AC mode)/40W (Battery mode) amplifier, plus twin side-firing 4" passive radiators to deliver full-range JBL sound. You can choose between two sound modes - Indoor or Outdoor. Enjoy deeper bass and richer sound in Indoor mode, or switch to Outdoor mode for expansive sound with strong bass and longer playtime.
Bluetooth 4.2: The JBL Boombox is a self-powered Bluetooth (version 4.2) speaker which supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.6) and hands-free communication (HFP 1.6), along with digital voice assistant integration for iPhone (Siri) and Android (Google Now). Up to three devices can be connected with the Boombox at once, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music. Once paired, the JBL Boombox will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Boombox portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Boombox has a built-in microphone with echo and noise cancellation technologies, so you can use it as a hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone or Android). Use the Boombox to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Voice Assistant Integration: The JBL Boombox's built-in mic can even act as an extension of the microphone on your Apple iPhone 4S and newer or compatible Android smartphone, so you can access Siri & Android's digital voice assistant (like Google Now). Simply press the Play/Pause button to activate your device's digital voice assistant. You will need to set this feature up through the JBL Connect App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: When the digital voice assistant is enabled through the app, the Play/Pause control function for wireless music streaming is disabled.
JBL Connect App with JBL Connect+: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect+ enabled speakers, like the JBL Boombox, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link up to 100 speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth source from multiple speakers. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
Note: The JBL Boombox requires a firmware update to utilize the JBL Connect+ feature.
IPX7 Waterproof: The JBL Boombox features a rugged, rubber housing and is covered with durable waterproof fabric. The JBL Boombox carries an IPX7 waterproof rating and can even be submerged in water (up to 1m for up to 30 minutes).
Note: To ensure that the JBL Boombox is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the JBL Boombox to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. And do not expose the JBL Boombox to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Boombox is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Dual USB Charging Ports: The JBL Boombox is capable of recharging the battery of two mobile devices (like your smartphone or tablet) simultaneously from the speaker's dual USB-A (5V/2.0A) ports. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. The USB ports do not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Boombox stereo speaker has a built-in, rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery (20,000mAh/74WH) that provides more than 24 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged using the included AC power adapter. A full battery charge takes approximately 6.5 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Looking for good sound [ maurice Jun 12, 2018 ]
Grate prices [ Ramon May 16, 2018 ]
Wanted waterproof for working outside and inside. [ Donald May 11, 2018 ]
for outside use, by the pool, and he outside summer nights. [ paul Apr 03, 2018 ]
I've owned the charge 3 and it's been great. My brother has the Extreme and I need to 1 up him. This will do the job! [ Kevin Feb 16, 2018 ]
Recommended by staff [ JEFFREY Dec 08, 2017 ]
My Dad got one [ William Jun 18, 2018 ]
Beach Time [ Jon Jun 12, 2018 ]
1 question already asked
A portable FM tuner like the Eton Executive could be used with this speaker to listen to FM Radio: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_710TVLRIII/item.html Also, some smart phones come with an FM tuner built into them. If you have one of those and have turned on that tuner, then it could be used here without needing an internet connection. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul Feb 12, 2018 ] Staff