Pull-down tilt and swivel wall mount for TVs 44"-80"
From Mantel Mount: MM540 Pull Down & Swivel TV Mount
Our take on the MantelMount MM540 by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Bring your TV to eye level easily
The MM540 lets you bring your TV down over your mantel to sit at eye level.
That TV mounted above your fireplace may look stunning. But over time, looking up to watch it can literally be a pain in the neck,. Plus, viewing it from an angle means you might not be seeing the best possible picture quality. Enter the MantelMount MM540. It lets you easily pull your TV out and down over the mantel when you want to watch.
This clever mount positions your TV at eye level, so you can watch in comfort and enjoy all the contrast and detail your TV can produce. When you're done, just lift it up and back to the wall. A sophisticated counterbalance design and powerful hydraulics let just about anyone move the TV easily.
Swivel and tilt
The MM540 can be tilted down as much as 8° to eliminate glare. And once the mount's extended, you can swivel your TV up to 35° each way or up to 60° one way.
Vertical stops prevent the mount from extending too far down and damaging your mantel. Side stops ekeep your TV from swiveling into your mantel and getting damaged.
The hand grip is heat-sensitive and turns red if the temperature is above 110°. If you have your TV in front of your fireplace while a fire's lit, it can warn you when the temperature reaches a dangerous level for your electronics.
Great for home or office
The MM540 includes a built-in bracket for a sound bar. Paintable covers hide the wall assembly, making for a more finished appearance when the mount's pulled down. And the MM540 isn't just for over-mantel installations. It's also great for a school or business. It keeps the TV up and out of the way, and can easily be pulled down for presentations.
- designed for TVs 44"-80"
- supports 20-90 lbs.
- holds TV 5-5/8" from wall when retracted
- maximum drop: 29"
- clearance from back wall: 12-1/2"-18-3/4"
- automatic straightening and stabilization
- counterbalanced with hydraulic pistons for easy pull-down
- swivel range: up to 35° both ways or up to 60° one way
- tilt: up to 8° downward
- vertical and side stop screws ensure that neither the mount nor TV touches your mantel
- built-in sound bar attachment
- in-arm wire channel conceals cables without inhibiting movement
- heat-sensing pull down handle
- paintable covers to hide wall assembly
- stud-mounting required
- mounting hardware included
- 34"W x 25"H x 8-1/4"D
- weight: 29 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Lifting mechanism
- TV brace
- Horizontal brace
- 2 Vertical braces
- 2 Brace extenders
- 2 Wall-covers
- 2 Side swivel kit brackets
- Four M5 x 12mm bolts
- Four M5 x 30mm bolts
- Four M5 x 40mm bolts
- Four M6 x 16mm bolts
- Four M6 x 30mm bolts
- Four M6 x 40mm bolts
- Four M8 x 15mm bolts
- Four M8 x 25mm bolts
- Four M8 x 45mm bolts
- Four M8 x 15mm hex-bolts
- Twelve M6 x 10mm hex-bolts
- Four M6 x 40mm hex-bolts
- 4 Lag-bolts
- 2 Side swivel kit bolts
- M8 Safety-nut
- Eight M6 lock-nuts
- Two M8 side swivel kit nuts
- Four M5/M6 washers
- Eight M8 washers
- Two M8 side swivel kit washers
- 8 Spacers
- 4 Cable-ties
- 2 Cable-tie anchors
- Installation Instructions
Awesome. It pulls down in front of the fireplace for eye level viewing. Had to have it professionally mounted, but awesome!!!
MantelMount MM540 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Pull-Down TV Mount: The MM540 pull-down TV mount features MantelMount's patented construction which combines high-quality automotive pistons with lightweight alloys and state-of-the-art counterbalance technology, allowing virtually anyone to easily pull a large flat screen TV down off the wall, suspend it at eye-level in front of their fireplace, and swivel it left or right. MantelMount is built-in on three main principles -
- (1) Smooth, easy, consistent operation
- (2) Safety of the TV and electronics
- (3) Safety of the home and mounting environment
Note: The MantelMount MM540 is designed for use only with decorative fireplaces that are not the primary heat source for a house. Temperature at the front edge of mantle should never exceed 110° Fahrenheit
TV Compatibility: The MM540 supports 44" to 80" flat-panel TVs that weigh between 20 lbs to 90 lbs. The flat-panel TV must have M5, M6, or M8 threaded wall-mount inserts on the back that measure 200mm-700mm (horizontal) x 100mm-500mm (vertical). Spacers are also provided in case your TV has an irregular back-panel. There are gas spring adjustments that will need to be made to accommodate the specific weight of the TV (refer to installation instructions).
Note: MantelMount's VAL100 LG Non-VESA adapter kit (sold separately through MantelMount's customer service department) is required for LG Curved OLED TV's with 200mm x 300mm x 120mm mounting hole patterns (such as the 65EG9600, 55EF9500 and 65EF9500).
Exclusive MantelMount Features: The MM540 pull-down TV mount includes exclusive MantelMount features that ensure proper operation & safety of your mounted television.
- Horizontal Brace w/ Handle: Today's TVs are getting thinner and more fragile. The Handle on the MantelMount MM540 directs all of the pulling forces directly to the mount instead of pulling on the frame of the TV itself.
- Adjustable Stops: Vertical & swivel stops prevent your from hitting your mantel or walls when lowering, swiveling or raising your television. These adjustable stops prevent any part of the mount from hitting the wall or mantel. The bottom travel stop is adjusted with two screws and locknuts, so the TV and mount do not lower all the way into the mantel. The side-to-side swivel stops are also adjusted with two screws and locknuts, so that the TV doe not swivel into the mantel.
- Auto-Straightening: The M540 MantelMount's patented auto-straightening technology to "flatten" the TV as it is raised to the upper position to prevent rotation into the wall. Raising your TV from a swiveled position could easily cause a collision between the TV and wall. However, the MantelMount's Auto-Straightening feature prevents this from happening. Even from a swiveled positions, the MantelMount MM540 automatically straightens the TV when raised so that it never touches your wall.
- Auto-Stabilization: MantelMount uses enhanced auto-stabilization with gas springs to ensure that if one spring is stronger that the other over time, it won't effect the mount. The stronger gas piston will automatically take on more of the force from the TV's weight and motion, thus maintaining a level TV over time.
- Heat-Sensing Pull-Down Handles: The MantelMount MM540 includes exclusive heat-sensing handles that turn red if the temperature above your fireplace exceeds a safe 110° Fahrenheit - warning you if the heat from a burning fireplace is about to damage your mounted television. If the handles turn red, you should immediately bring the mount and TV to the raised position and turn off your fireplace.
Articulating Range: The MantelMount MM540 extends your TV from the wall and lowers it over your fire place. It also offers downward tilt, left or right swivel, and centering. The MM540 ensures that you always get the perfect viewing angle.
- Lowering: The MantelMount lowers your television up to 29". You are able to stop your mounted TV anywhere along the 29" vertical travel path and lock it into place.
- Extension: The MM540 mounts 5.7" from the wall and extends forward up to 18.75" off the wall (half-drop) or 12.5" off the wall (full 29" drop). Your mantel must not extend from the mounting surface more than 12.5"-18.75" (depending on how far of a drop you desire). The MM540 cannot extend past a mantel that is larger than 18.75" (at half-drop) or 12.5" (at full-drop).
- Tilt & Center: The MantelMount features an adjustable 8° downward tilt in either the raised or lowered positions, so you get the perfect viewing angle. Your mounted TV can also be slid to the left or right (up to 2") to center the television with your mantel.
- Swivel: The MM540 lets you swivel your mounted television 35° left or 35° right. Wider televisions and deeper mantels will reduce the amount of left-or-right swivel. For situations where more swivel to one side is desired, a side swivel kit is provided which allows for up to 60° in one direction (left or right - but not both). The side swivel kit is only designed for smaller TVs and installations where there is no mantel present. The Auto-Straightening features does not work with the side swivel kit installed.
Built-In Soundbar Attachment: Brace extenders allow you to create enough room beneath your TV and above the MM540's handles to easily attach your soundbar speaker directly to the mount's horizontal brace, eliminating the need for any 3rd party sound bar attachment. Your soundbar will need mounting holes on the back that are spaced no wider than 28.5" apart and situated no higher than 2.5" from the bottom of the speaker.
Note: Some soundbars will require the purchase of a proprietary wall-mount bracket to use in conjunction with the MM540 soundbar attachment (additional hardware also required). For example the Sonos Playbar will need the Sonos Wall-Mount Kit (sold separately) and optional hardware (not included).
Paintable Covers & Cable Management: The MantelMount MM540 comes with two paintable covers that hide the wall-mount plate and hardware for a clean, neat, and professional looking installation. It also comes with cable ties and cable tie anchors to help manage your TV's connector cables.
Installation: The MantelMount MM540 comes with mounting hardware for wood stud frame installation (requires two wood studs with 5/8" thick or less wall covering). If you have a brick or concrete wall you will need to purchase wall anchors suitable for your wall type. Wall anchors should be available at your local hardware store. The space above the mantle must be taller than the TV. You will need a little over one inch of clearance above the TV and 3"-8" of clearance between the your mantel and the MM540, depending on the size of your mantel (refer to the installation manual).
- Required Tools:
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- Electric drill
- 7/32" drill bit
- Set of Allen wrenches (4-5mm)
- Bubble level
- Stud finder
- 1/2" open-end/box-end wrench
- 1/2" socket wrench
- Optional Tools:
- Hack saw
- Drywall keyhole saw
- 1-1/2" Hole saw
- Paint brush
- The MantelMount SSB40 Single Stud Wall Adapter (sold separately) serves as a direct replacement for the included wall-plate when it can't reach existing stud placement or when you want to attach to a single centered stud.
- The MantelMount AB40 Adapter Bracket (sold separately) will serve as a pass-through support when mounting to thin brick facades or simulated stone panels made from foam, neither of which are strong enough to support the weight of a the mount. The AB40 will also require the purchase of the SSB40 Single Stud Wall Adapter (sold separately) to provide the correct mounting holes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
I was looking for a TV wall mount that would pull down over a fireplace so we could watch the TV at a proper viewing height. [ Vikki Oct 05, 2018 ]
One sale, adjustable mount [ Glenn Jun 07, 2018 ]
Is good mount but it is cheaper on the mantle website $75 off with a promotion [ Ysrael Feb 14, 2018 ]
Seems like it is the most sturdy one at this price point that will handle a 65" tv [ Frank Dec 03, 2017 ]
Google search and need to put TV over mantel. [ Timothy Nov 27, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
Distance = 20" from wall when lowered in front of 12" deep mantle [ MATT Jan 19, 2018 ]
6' mantle platform, 12in mantle depth, 20in Curved 55" 4k MU8500 Samsung. 5.1 3pc rear/sub/CLRbar $330 Vizio Soundbar mounted on bottom heat sensitive rubber handles. Fantec MKV MP4 Divx usb player & ROKU velcro to bottom of screen and option to velcro also to back of TV for clean look. Swivels but has fixed tilt which is perfect.. 2" tall wide Vizio speaker bar, bottom of bar & handles still clear mantle by +2". Pushed up on wall bar & handle sits 3" above mantle. New home, already has wall plates for HDMI tubes and outlet plate. Strap the Samsung TV wire junction connect box to back and a monster surge strip. 15" from top of mantle platform to bottom of wall bracket. I would NOT go lower than 13" on bracket above mantle (handle needs to clear when pulling down) Air shocks were adjusted and dialed down, default they were too strong and snap the 60lb TV to wall too fast. I would buy another if i had 2 fireplaces, $35 buys a full motion large mount from Harbor Freight i will use in home gym, $30 clearance Walmart glass shelf w/ fixed mount in game room and 110" pull down screen in theater room. [ MATT Jan 19, 2018 ]
The distance from the wall when fully lowered is between 13.5" to 17" depending on how much you tilt your TV and how big is you TV, the 13.5" represent the bottom of the sound bar speaker to the wall with my 75" TV and tilted downward. [ Nam Jan 17, 2018 ]