Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
L Series telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS DSLR cameras
Item # 2802309C02 | MFR # 2309C002
$1,299.00 Earn up to 1,299 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A portable pro-quality telephoto lens
Canon's 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM lens delivers telephoto power in a lightweight package that makes it possible to use without a tripod. This update to an already popular high-performance lens gives you better image stabilization and a shorter minimum focus distance of 3.3 feet. Great for wildlife, sports, and portrait photography, this lens produces outstanding high-resolution images with smooth background defocusing.
Fantastic photos in any weather
Extensive weather-sealing means you can use this lens even in adverse conditions. Its useful 20-70mm focal range and f/4 maximum aperture let you play up your subject by compressing and blurring the background. And this maximum aperture remains constant across the entire zoom range, so you'll get consistently well-exposed photos without having to change your exposure values as you adjust focal length.
Stay focused on what's important
Canon's quiet Ultrasonic Motor (USM) ensures fast, precise focus — great for shooting video. Range limiter controls let you restrict the focal range, preventing accidental focus on foreground elements and minimizing time spent "hunting" for focus.
Three kinds of image stabilization
One of the most exciting updates to this classic lens is that it offers five-stop image stabilization, meaning you can get sharp images at up to five shutter speeds slower than with other lenses — great for low-light situations when you don't have a tripod handy.
Canon's new IS Mode 3 helps you get crisp images of erratically moving subjects, and there's also a special mode for panning. A Stabilizer Mode switch on the lens barrel makes it easy to dial in the right kind of stabilization for nearly any subject or scene.
- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS APS-C and full-frame sensor digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 70-200mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 112-320mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- built-in Image Stabilization minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- Stabilizer Mode switch lets you select between three types of stabilization for non-moving subjects, panning, and erratically moving subjects
- ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast, silent autofocus
- internal zooming and focusing
- compact, lightweight design for easier handheld shooting
- available full-time manual focusing
- minimum focus distance: 3.3 feet
- lens construction: 20 elements in 15 groups
- one Fluorite element and two UD elements increase optical quality and reduce chromatic aberrations
- 9-blade circular aperture for smooth background defocusing
- range limiter controls for fast, accurate focusing
- weather-sealed for protection from the elements
- filter size: 77mm
- includes front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and soft case
- lens is 6-15/16" long, 3-1/8" in diameter
- weight: 27.5 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Frequently Compared With
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
L Series telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS DSLR cameras$1,299.00
Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED VR
Medium telephoto macro prime lens for Nikon SLR cameras
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
Wide-angle zoom lens for Nikon SLR cameras
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
Zoom lens for Nikon SLR cameras