Lightning-to-USB cable for iPod®/iPhone®/iPad® (3 meters/10 feet)
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Our take on the AudioQuest Carbon by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
Listen to your iPhone through your home and car systems
Millions of us use our Apple devices to listen to music every day — through earbuds or headphones. But lots of home theater receivers and in-dash car stereos include a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB input that lets you move your music outside your head and into your car or living room. All you need to make it happen is the right cable. If you own an Apple device with the Lightning™ dock connector, AudioQuest's Carbon adapter cable is an outstanding high-quality cable choice. With Carbon, music sounds noticeably clearer and more detailed than with the standard cables we've tried.
Superior engineering and construction
Carbon USB uses solid copper conductors, and each wire is silver-plated — the silver layer is much thicker than on AQ's Cinnamon cable — which benefits high-frequency applications like audio. Signals at these frequencies travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. Because the surface of each conductor is made of high-purity silver, the cable's performance is close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to a solid copper cable.
Cables with 100% shield coverage can be manufactured pretty easily. Preventing captured RF interference from modulating the equipment's ground reference requires AudioQuest's multi-layer Noise-Dissipation System. Metal and carbon-loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- Lightning-to-USB cable (Type A)
- works with Apple iPod®, iPhone®, and iPad® with a 30-pin dock connector
- lets you connect your Apple device to home or car audio components with a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB port
- silver-plated solid copper conductors for superior sound quality (silver layer is 5% of total conductor)
- air-filled foamed-polyethylene insulation minimizes energy storage and its associated distortion
- 100% shield coverage with AQ's carbon-based 3-layer Noise Dissipation System, to resist RF interference
- silver-plated USB connector
- blue-and-black braided covering
- not compatible with Apple devices with the 30-pin connector
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 10' Lighting-to-USB connector cable
I use this cable with a Jitter Bug and plug into my receiver's usb to play music from my iPad and the sound is Awesome...
Dunamis, kapolei, HI
AudioQuest Carbon Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Apple Lightning to USB Cable: AudioQuest specially designed the Carbon series Apple Lightning to USB cable for select Apple devices with a Lightning-connector. This Apple Lightning to USB cable charges and syncs your Apple device when used with an appropriate charger (sold separately) or when connected to your computer/laptop. Also, use it to connect your compatible Apple device to a home audio or car stereo component which feature's a "made for iPod/iPhone/iPad" USB port for high-quality audio playback. It's the perfect high-performance cable for your Lightning-connector Apple device. The cable is compatible with the following iPods, iPhones, and iPads with Lightning-connector (as of 5/28/2014).
|Nano (7th gen)||iPhone 5/5C/5S||iPad 4|
|Touch (6th/5th gen)||iPhone 6/6+||iPad mini 1/2/3/4|
|iPhone 6S/6S+||iPad Air 1/2|
Note: Not compatible with Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices with the older 30-pin dock connector.
High Quality Construction: AudioQuest's Carbon series Apple Lightning to USB cable minimizes distortion (primarily timing errors) by incorporating a variety of proven design techniques, superior materials, and high-precision construction.
- Solid 5% Silver Conductors: Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion and reduce jitter. Solid silver-plated conductors are excellent for very high-frequency applications, like USB audio. These signals, being such a high frequency, travel almost exclusively on the surface of the conductor. As the surface is made of high-purity silver, the performance is very close to that of a solid silver cable, but priced much closer to solid copper cable.
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation: The Apple Series Carbon cable uses air-filled Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation because air absorbs next to no energy and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.
- Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS): AQ's Noise-Dissipation System with Metal and Carbon-Loaded synthetics prevent most RFI from reaching the equipment's ground plane.
- AQ Solder Terminations: Precision direct-silver plated pins are carefully attached with the very best solder. Through choice of flux and metallurgy, AQ solder has been optimized to make a low-distortion connection. The difference you hear between solders is a result of connection quality. AQ Solder does not have a high silver content because the more silver there is in solder, the more difficult it is to make a good connection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
taking a chance on this. Not happy with my generic cord, causes terrible noise in the car, hoping this clears it up. [ Michael Oct 17, 2018 ]
I wanted better sound quality out of my Ipod [ Brandon Aug 18, 2018 ]
replace my broken cinnamon cable and to move up to a higher quality cable [ JON Dec 10, 2016 ]
I use this with a JitterBug in my stero system for a much smother and warmer sound when using my iPhone as my music player... [ Aaron Jul 06, 2016 ]
I hope it will perform and provide an excellent audio experience. Time will tell. [ William Mar 13, 2016 ]
I want the best performance from my Ipad to the portable amp/dac as well as an improvement in my car when using the USB hook-up. I've previously experienced sonic improvements using a Audioquest Forest Ipad cable so I'm expecting good things from this cable. [ Thomas Jan 11, 2016 ]